Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 05:12 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,522,995 times

Advertisements

Let's get everyone on record on this:

Quote:
House Republican leaders announced Wednesday the lower chamber will vote next week on a bill that would allow people to keep their health insurance plan if they like it.

The vote hits at President Obama, who, during the debate over the Affordable Care Act, said people could keep their healthcare plans if they like them. Several people, however, have gotten cancelation notices because of ObamaCare's new standards.

Late Wednesday afternoon, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) announced via Twitter that the bill would get a vote.

The Keep Your Health Plan Act, H.R. 3350, was introduced last week by House Energy & Commerce Committee Chairman Fred Upton (R-Mich.) and more than two dozen Republicans. As of Wednesday, co-sponsorship had grown to 88 members.

Upton's bill authorizes insurance companies to keep offering plans that they have said need to be canceled because of ObamaCare's new insurance standards. Since early October, companies have sent out millions of notices to enrollees saying their plans will be scrapped and, in many cases, replaced by more expensive plans.
more: House GOP tweaks Obama, schedules vote on Keep Your Health Plan Act | TheHill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 05:54 AM

4,272 posts, read 3,780,152 times
What does this bill do if an insurance company doesn't want to keep their policy holder but the policy holder likes his insurance company and wants to stay on?

Will the business friendly Republicans support forcing an insurance company to keep its insured on policy?

Isn't this one of the basic principles of the ACA?

Old 11-07-2013, 05:58 AM

1,256 posts, read 4,187,738 times
Obama and the Senate will easily quash this foolishness - and I guarantee I'll work hard to quash the re-election of the Virginia folks who are hurting the country with it.

Old 11-07-2013, 05:59 AM

46,217 posts, read 26,980,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
What does this bill do if an insurance company doesn't want to keep their policy holder but the policy holder likes his insurance company and wants to stay on?

Will the business friendly Republicans support forcing an insurance company to keep its insured on policy?

Isn't this one of the basic principles of the ACA?
What basic principle?

Old 11-07-2013, 05:59 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,522,995 times
If people are allowed to 'keep their policies', it will destroy Obamacare.

The people being cancelled and shuffled into Obamacare policies with less benefits and/or higher rates are the ones subsidizing the sick and old.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:16 AM

30,023 posts, read 18,596,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sullyguy View Post
Obama and the Senate will easily quash this foolishness - and I guarantee I'll work hard to quash the re-election of the Virginia folks who are hurting the country with it.

"Foolishness"?

So you think it is perfectly fine and acceptable that up to 120 million people under the individual, as well as the employer, mandate will lose thier current insurance?

What the hell are you people thinking? This is not the USSR- it is shocking that some presume the authority and right to run other people's lives. This concept of totalitarianism is a basic principle of liberalism that most liberals are very comfortable to admit, but free to promote in action.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:20 AM

3,404 posts, read 3,441,905 times
Great move reps... Its no win for obama. If it passes it hurts ACA and if he defeats it the country sees his lie was his lie not a mistake in speak.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:33 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,355,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Great move reps... Its no win for obama. If it passes it hurts ACA and if he defeats it the country sees his lie was his lie not a mistake in speak.
At first I did not see it this way, I thought the {R}s were throwing Obama a life line. Instead they are giving him just enough rope to hang himself. I think he is deserving with his no compromise attitude you reap what you sow.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:36 AM

45,135 posts, read 26,317,877 times
So they go from voting to overturn it,to tweaking it further with legislation? What a crock of criminals the government is.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:39 AM

20,110 posts, read 16,089,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sullyguy View Post
Foolishness? Please explain how preventing MILLIONS of people from losing their insurance is foolish? Democrats up for re-election next year are the ones who this is a no-win situation for....and they deserve it.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 11-07-2013 at 06:54 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies