U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2013, 06:58 PM

28,818 posts, read 27,430,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
If it isn't natural it is perversion.. now use your common sense .
My computer is a perversion? Oh my

Old 11-09-2013, 07:00 PM

15,087 posts, read 10,029,535 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taratova

If it isn't natural it is perversion.. now use
your common sense .
Vaccines! Insulin! Antibiotics! Coronary bypass surgery! Dialysis! Lung transplants!
All perversions!

Old 11-09-2013, 07:02 PM

10,953 posts, read 7,276,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Good point!

It also opens the door for other "unnatural" activities we all participate in on a daily basis - riding in a car, talking on the phone, getting an x-ray or other medical procedure that could save our life........

Old 11-09-2013, 07:12 PM

28,818 posts, read 27,430,565 times
Quote:
You must be going to a gay church because your interpretations are way off to appease your sin of the homosexual act.

Fact is the homosexual town was destroyed because of sodomy.. don't care who was committing sodomy , gay or straight men , it is wrong!
There's no agreement among archaeologists, scientists and Biblical scholars that Sodom, and its sister town Gomorrah, existed at all - let alone that it came to a sudden and apocalyptic end.

Old 11-09-2013, 07:13 PM

1,519 posts, read 872,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
So is my couch. Although, just last week I went into my backyard and picked a new microwave from the tree. It's amazing what a little Miracle Grow can do.

Seriously, though, why are you discussing anything with these people? They can not and will not listen to reason. They have a book that they believe to be the word of god and they have the belief that this god created all and knows all. Of course, then these people go ahead and talk about others not having common sense.

Do you really need more?

I hope that for you, like me, it's just entertaining and exposure to a mindset that one never encounters in the real world. I say never, because I tend to walk away from the guys I see by the side of the road who wave a sign that says "The End is near, repent your sins now." I know that they are not quite right in the head - and I don't pretend that these people here on CD are any different. After all, they sound the same, argue the same, and thus, probably are the same.

Alas, it's clear that I am going to hell - along with my perverted microwave oven and my abomination of a couch. Come join me, we're going to have gay floats, too. And you can wear latex all you want.

Old 11-09-2013, 08:19 PM

17,853 posts, read 10,191,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiawomann5 View Post
Wow such hatred here for your fellow man. How Sad.

There is no bias against anyone who experiences same sex feelings. So lets stop bringing that up unless it's your agenda to ensure people are convinced of it.

Again, stop trying to make people feel bad. There is nothing wrong with same sex attractions.

And stop lying saying these feelings are set in stone. Feelings change. Otherwise we'd have pedophiles running around molesting children more than they do. Just as gays change, so do pedophiles. Yes, this is true despite the lies spread about. They can, and do, change. As does Adulteresses and many others involved in sexual perversions. People stop. People can have their feelings change but those who refuse to believe it, by lying to themselves saying they are a pervert, lesbian, adulterer, pedophile, obviously will not change. There is no motivation to get out of their smut.

Plenty of people have attempted to, and succeeded in feeling differently in order to benefit society. Feelings change.

Time to stop the hate and lies against our fellow humans. Time is short, bring out the best in people. Don't focus on the perversions of others.
Wow. Such ignorance and hypocrisy. On one hand you say there is nothing wrong with 'same sex attractions' then on the other you put gay and lesbian people in the same basket as pedophiles and adulterers and say they are 'involved in sexual perversions' and can 'get out of their smut'.

Perhaps it's time to educate yourself out of your ignorance and prejudice against your fellow human beings?

Old 11-09-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
You must be going to a gay church because your interpretations are way off to appease your sin of the homosexual act.

Fact is the homosexual town was destroyed because of sodomy.. don't care who was committing sodomy , gay or straight men , it is wrong!
I don't go to any church. I question and research using my own mind rather than attend a church like a mindless sheep.

Your interpretations of the biblical stories (not facts) are those of a mindless sheep being told what to believe without question.

Old 11-09-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
It is true that many people come out of gay sexuality. They are freed from the spirit of homosexuality. Jesus can change anyone if they accept and follow him.
Sure, that's why Alan Chambers, the president of Exodus International, (the largest 'ex-gay' 'pray away the gay' group) stated last year that 99.9% of Exodus members had not changed their orientation.

Alan Chambers: 99.9% have not experienced a change in their orientation

This year, he closed down Exodus and apologized to gay and lesbian people for all the harm they had caused:
“I am sorry for the pain and hurt that many of you have experienced. I am sorry some of you spent years working through the shame and guilt when your attractions didn’t change. I am sorry we promoted sexual orientation change efforts and reparative theories about sexual orientation that stigmatized parents.

“I am sorry I didn’t stand up to people publicly ‘on my side’ who called you names like sodomite—or worse. I am sorry that I, knowing some of you so well, failed to share publicly that the gay and lesbian people I know were every bit as capable of being amazing parents as the straight people that I know. I am sorry that when I celebrated a person coming to Christ and surrendering their sexuality to Him, I callously celebrated the end of relationships that broke your heart. I am sorry I have communicated that you and your families are less than me and mine.

“More than anything, I am sorry that so many have interpreted this religious rejection by Christians as God’s rejection. I am profoundly sorry that many have walked away from their faith and that some have chosen to end their lives.

Read more... Exodus Int
Perhaps one day you will learn to follow the teachings of Christ- but I doubt it. Your views are founded in fear and hate - the opposite of what Christ taught.

Old 11-09-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
If it isn't natural it is perversion.. now use your common sense .
So are you against the use of condoms, the Pill and other contraceptives too? They are not 'natural'.

The problem with 'common sense' is that it's not common.

Old 11-09-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Do you know Greek? The text I referred to was translated from the original Greek. It's pretty clear. There is no ambiguity. It does refer to homosexuallity.
Apparently you don't know Koine Greek from a Greek laundry list. It's not clear at all and there is plenty of ambiguity. If Paul wanted to refer to "homosexuals" clearly and without ambiguity, there were commonly used Greek words available to him at the time. He didn't use them.

The text you were referring to earlier in this thread was Paul's 1 Romans 1:26-27. There are no Greek words in that text that can be translated as 'homosexuality' or 'homosexuals'. The whole letter had nothing to do with homosexuals - Paul is referring to people turning away from his god and reverting to their old pagan idolatrous worshiping practices which involved worshiping images of animals and birds and using ritual vaginal and anal sex used to worship pagan fertility gods in the Corinthian temples. There were plenty of temple prostitutes in Corinth at that time as well. The worshipers were first engaging in heterosexual vaginal and anal sex, and then the men engaged in anal sex with each other. How does heterosexual pagan fertility god worshipers engaging in ritual anal sex refer to homosexuals at all? Especially 21st century loving committed gay and lesbian couples?

There is also NO mention at all in the Bible of women having sex with each other. 1 Romans 1:26 refers to women having anal sex with men - not with each other. The Greek itself makes that clear. Early Church fathers like Clement of Alexandria and Augustine also make that quite clear.

Or perhaps you are confusing that text with 1 Cor 6:9? - The other verse that is commonly (and fairly recently) used to condemn homosexuals.

If you are referring to 1 Cor 6:9, then the original Greek words used by Paul- "arsenokoites" and "malakos" do not mean "homosexuals" and have NEVER meant 'homosexuals' in the secular writings of the times.

Arsenokoités and Malakos: Meanings and Consequences -Dale B. Martin - Professor of Religious Studies - Yale University.

The english word "homosexuals" was FIRST used in an English translation of the Bible in 1946 (ESV). Before that, the 1 Cor 6:9 verse was used to condemn Masturbators, not homosexuals. Imagine that. Many translators used to think Paul was talking about masturbators...in more recent times, it's become homosexuals.

Paul also used the word 'arsenokoites' in 1 Tim 1:10 without the word 'malakos'.

And anywhere you still see the word "sodomite" in other versions of the Bible like the KJV, it is a mistranslation of the Hebrew word "qadesh" which means "shrine prostitute."

Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon

Last edited by Ceist; 11-09-2013 at 09:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.