Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2013, 01:40 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Diamond View Post
Even God apparently has bad days.
Assuming you know what kind of days god has. How quaint and presumptuous.

Old 11-08-2013, 01:40 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiawomann5 View Post
There is no possible way you can assign a sexual perversion to an infant.

That's a pedophile mindset.

Infants have no knowledge of sexual matters, period.

We are commanded by Jesus, whom you refer to in your post, to preach the gospel. The ENTIRE gospel.
Not just your favorite verse (although it's one of my favorites too, good choice )

I'm not gay, and I don't pretend to completely understand it, but you cannot compare pedophilia with homosexuality. Pedophilia harms the most vulnerable in our society, children, because they cannot consent. What 2 consenting adults do in their bedroom isn't my concern. And call me crazy, but since I can remember, I knew that I always liked girls! No confusion about that whatsoever. At any rate, they are what they are, and it isn't up to me, or anyone else to persecute them, treat them like second class citizens, or advocate killing them. Furthermore, whether this is a made up story or not, there are morons who think like this and do advocate it!

Old 11-08-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is a choice. No one is born gay. No one is born an adulterer either. Men and woman are born with a fallen spirit with the propensity or inclination to sin. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
You don't get to decide if people are born gay or not. I don't get to decide if it's a choice to be religious or not. Stop acting as if you have the authority to rule over people's lives just because you read some fanciful book.

Quote:
Did God make adulterers?.. no. it is the sinful nature of man.
According to you, god gave us free will. Make of that what you will.

Old 11-08-2013, 01:54 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Now come on!!! How in the Hell do you know that? At any rate, shouldn't we be focusing on our own morality and trying to get ourselves right with God, instead trying to play God, and pass judgement on others? I guess we forgot Jesus's message "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
The bible is very clear. Because of fallen man we are all sinners and opened to the snare of satan. Jesus is the answer to all who have fallen into sin or snared into any number of sins.

Are you saying Jesus was playing God? It is Jesus's message , thus saith the Lord. The word of God talks extensively about fallen man.

Old 11-08-2013, 01:56 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
You don't get to decide if people are born gay or not. I don't get to decide if it's a choice to be religious or not. Stop acting as if you have the authority to rule over people's lives just because you read some fanciful book.

According to you, god gave us free will. Make of that what you will.
Yes, God gave all a free will to choose. To accept Christ or not. You choose not to . You choose what kind of life you will lead.

Old 11-08-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Yes, God gave all a free will to choose. To accept Christ or not. You choose not to . You choose what kind of life you will lead.
Yeah a positive healthy one not ruled by some fictitious being. Unlike you, I don't need some book to define my moral code and to dictate my view of the world.

Some of us have more free will than others. Looks like I have more than you.

Also, god didn't give me anything, so stop saying he/she/it did. Thanks.

Old 11-08-2013, 02:21 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,925,052 times
God has a standard , one can choose to meet that standard or ignore that standard.
Choosing to resist or ignore God is your free choice.
Choosing to seek God's approval is you free choice.
I am glad that God provided us the power to choose and that He provided a way to meet HIs approval with His help and intervention, because we are incapable of doing it on our own.
Our noble efforts are not equivalent to obedience God expects.
Jesus taught it, and demonstrated it, and expects it.
He provided the Holy Spirit to his believers, to have the communication, and assistance, to obey God .
Those operating out side His personal instruction, but using His name are at odds with God. Matthew 7;21,22,23,
Ones own adoption of a name, or claim, does not make it so.
Devils believe in God , but being in rebellion, do not have God's approval. choice.
Choice to rebell / choice to comply.

Old 11-08-2013, 02:23 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
I cannot believe the vast majority of SA volunteers and employees want capital punishment for LGBT Americans. Just some foolish spokesperson utter a ridiculous comment.

Old 11-08-2013, 02:24 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
The bible is very clear. Because of fallen man we are all sinners and opened to the snare of satan. Jesus is the answer to all who have fallen into sin or snared into any number of sins.

Are you saying Jesus was playing God? It is Jesus's message , thus saith the Lord. The word of God talks extensively about fallen man.

I follow Christ to the best of my abilities, but I'm not a saint and God knows this. No man is perfect. And knowing that we all fall short in the eyes of God for our sins, I also know (or at least try) not to pass judgement on others.

So if you're trying to lead people to Christ, unfortunately you're doing a poor job.

Old 11-08-2013, 02:29 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
Any discussion on the civil rights of gay people always descends into the rantings of folks who want to force their personal religious dogmas on the rest of us.

Always.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies