Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 06:22 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times

Advertisements

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. The American people continue to elect Republicans and Democrats, and it's not working out well at all. Fits the definition of insane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 07:20 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,672,411 times
i voted libertarian...i was 22 at the time so you may have a point..

Old 11-07-2013, 07:40 PM

1,151 posts, read 2,037,469 times
The infantile ones are those who continue to insist that others be subjected to the sort of mental torture of being locked in a cage, for actions that are of no consequence to anyone else. The desire to control the lives of others is the most despicable aspect of human nature; it is little more than childish bickering with no logic behind it.

Any law that seeks to punish an individual for actions that are of no consequence to another individual is an unjust law, and ought not be tolerated!

Old 11-07-2013, 07:42 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times
Seems like somebody's brainwashed.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:51 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Sounds like I hit close to home, didn't I? Read one of your earlier posts today I happened across, which was the inspiration for this topic. You definitely have a mentality of, "How dare the government tell me when I can and cannot go!" At least you're not alone in feeling this way. Lots of posters here share your exact sense of "freedom". I bet you didn't watch the video, either, and neither did the posters above me
I've never once seen libertarians argue that traffic laws should be abolished.

As for Maher, his lack of ability to reason pretty much leaves him out as a source of credible analysis. I mean, if you posted this for us to laugh at Maher for his idiotic antics... then great, point them out. Otherwise, expecting us to believe anything he says, is just an insult to any thinking person.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:53 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Paraphrasing here.

"Back when George Bush was president I was proud to call myself a libertarian. Now that Obama is president I no longer consider myself that"
Actually, he began calling himself a libertarian back when Bill Clinton was president, but proceed...

Old 11-07-2013, 07:54 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Actually, he began calling himself a libertarian back when Bill Clinton was president, but proceed...
Fair enough.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:56 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. The American people continue to elect Republicans and Democrats, and it's not working out well at all. Fits the definition of insane.
If you want some insanity, peruse the Libertarian Party Platform. It's a series of proposals that will never happen based upon premises that never were. Yes, let's turn to that because we have two crappy political parties that dominate our system.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:58 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Sheesh, what can you expect, other than brainwashing... from someone who calls himself "theunbrainwashed", and does nothing but demonstrate himself to be totally brainwashed.
Exactly.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:02 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,072 times
It is possible to be a libertarian on either the left or the right. There is a good test on the internet, which for the life of me I cannot think of what is called. But it tested on where on the political scale you really fall. Liberal, conservative, authoritarian or libertarian. You could be authoritarian conservative, liberal libertarian, several of our presidents, Obama, bush, Nixon and a couple more I can't remember .......where, strangely enough almost in the exact same spots. Authoritarian, conservative. Some more central than others, but all on the same quadrant of the test site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies