Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 10:01 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,505,754 times

Advertisements

Leftists are wrong about everything.

When they make a prediction, the opposite will come to pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 10:02 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,408,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Nothing about any this has the slightest bit of truth.
Of course it does.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:03 AM

742 posts, read 676,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Do you deny that the lunatic fringe received funding from Murdoch and the Koch brothers?

Money that is now about to dry up and wither away?
Moonbat Lib Democrats who think they align with the Obama Admin should know that Obama revived Koch money and even more during the last legs of the 2012 presidential election.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:05 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,212,986 times
Default Wanna bet? Can we say, "Virginia?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
All of my fearless predictions (except one or two) have come true so far, so heads up:

With the debacle of the CR/debt ceiling gambit blowing up in their faces, coupled with the results this week from the elections in NJ and Virginia, the Jim DeMint- led TP is FINISHED as an element in national politics. The Republicans are SICK of watching yahoos lose winnable elections. The GOP establishment, with Wall Street's backing, will succeed in shoving the monster back into the lab. The operation will be bloody, but will be accomplished in time for the 2014 elections. The TP has outlived its usefulness, and is a liability for the GOP. It will be restricted to state and local races in backwards jurisdictions, until it finally fades away.

The good news: the nation will have two responsible parties again , with competing visions, but both believing in democracy and government.

The bad news: No more clown car presidential fields. MAN, those guys were hilarious!

The GOP presidential candidates in 2016 will be four or five successful current and former governors, who will have broad appeal, and give Clinton a real run for her money!

Tea Party RIP. You won't be missed.
The Virginia governors race proves you wrong. If it had not been for the Democrats funding a "spoiler," Cuccinelli would have won handily.

McAuliffe just squeeked by. If there had been even a few more days before the election, after people found out the Dems were funding Sarvis, it would have been over for McAuliffe.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:08 AM

15,082 posts, read 14,264,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseeking View Post
Moonbat Lib Democrats who think they align with the Obama Admin should know that Obama revived Koch money and even more during the last legs of the 2012 presidential election.
Link, please. I'm having trouble finding anything that substantiates your claim. Thanks.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:20 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,911,284 times
While I am not now nor have I ever been associated with the Tea Party, I do realize that the tea party is NOT a party, but rather a state of mind. You can't simply shut off the valve on that. The fundamentals of the tea party message will continue to resonate. Smaller limited government.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:24 AM

295 posts, read 357,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
While I am not now nor have I ever been associated with the Tea Party, I do realize that the tea party is NOT a party, but rather a state of mind. You can't simply shut off the valve on that. The fundamentals of the tea party message will continue to resonate. Smaller limited government.
But they always nominate candidates who espouse anything but.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:16 AM

14,496 posts, read 26,528,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
All of my fearless predictions (except one or two) have come true so far, so heads up:

With the debacle of the CR/debt ceiling gambit blowing up in their faces, coupled with the results this week from the elections in NJ and Virginia, the Jim DeMint- led TP is FINISHED as an element in national politics. The Republicans are SICK of watching yahoos lose winnable elections. The GOP establishment, with Wall Street's backing, will succeed in shoving the monster back into the lab. The operation will be bloody, but will be accomplished in time for the 2014 elections. The TP has outlived its usefulness, and is a liability for the GOP. It will be restricted to state and local races in backwards jurisdictions, until it finally fades away.

The good news: the nation will have two responsible parties again , with competing visions, but both believing in democracy and government.

The bad news: No more clown car presidential fields. MAN, those guys were hilarious!

The GOP presidential candidates in 2016 will be four or five successful current and former governors, who will have broad appeal, and give Clinton a real run for her money!

Tea Party RIP. You won't be missed.
we can hope so.

Until they manufacture a next crisis. They ARE doing this bcs they want wall street getting its claws into 401k's and people's retirement funds.

This will NOT go over well, but billionaires don't understand the importance of retirement to most (98%) of Americans.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:34 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,758,769 times
I think even statewide the Tea Party has poisoned the well in some cases. Individual districts for the house, I believe it is not the case and they will continue to exist because there are enough people out there who backed them.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:40 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,408,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseeking View Post
What does that have to do with my post moonbat?

Do you deny that the tea party received funding from Murdoch and the Koch brothers or not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies