Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the US legalize gay marriage by the end of the year?
I'm a Republican, and NO we should not 15 9.87%
I'm a Republican, and YES we should, even if we don't get anything in exchange 6 3.95%
I'm a Republican, and YES we should, only if we get at least one of our goals passed along with it 4 2.63%
I'm a Democrat, and NO we should not 9 5.92%
I'm a Democrat, and YES we should 48 31.58%
I'm an Independent, and NO we should not 19 12.50%
I'm an Independent, and YES we should 45 29.61%
I don't care, share the cheetoos and chicken nuggets man! 6 3.95%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 11:06 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times

Advertisements

It is not an issue for the US to legislate. It is a state issue. The only way the Fed can get involved is on the constitutional question. That will happen and it will go in favor of gay marriage, but it won't be this year. Public sentiment in favor along with a majority of states (more precisely a majority of the population in states) that allow it, will be needed first. Five years from now, max.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2013, 11:07 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
if gay marriage was legal everywhere, they would complain about something else. dealing with gays, and liberals in general, is similar to dealing with a 4 year old being told they can't have juice.

Old 11-09-2013, 11:09 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
if gay marriage was legal everywhere, they would complain about something else. dealing with gays, and liberals in general, is similar to dealing with a 4 year old being told they can't have juice.
Except where SSM is legal most people never hear a peep anymore.

Old 11-09-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
so you are saying that once homos get their financial benefits, they shut up? no. don't believe you one bit. the parades would end? no.

Old 11-09-2013, 11:46 AM

22,187 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
Why vote No?? So, just because something in likely to become legal, you should be for it? You have no values. If the majority wants it, then you do too? I am against homosexual marriage on religious grounds, and even if I am the only one in the country who is against, so be it. It is still wrong ... or are things only right and wrong according to majority rule, in your eyes? ...and the states that do not recognize will not have to recognize them. States issue marriage licenses, not the Fed. Gun laws aren't that way, and Guns, unlike marriage, IS mentioned in the Constitution!

Charles Sands
So in other words you believe in Theocracy not Democracy. You believe everyone else and the laws in this country should be based off your own personal religious beliefs?

Old 11-09-2013, 12:27 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
There will be no act of congress legalizing gay marriage. It will be the USSC that declares the fundamental right of marriage cannot be denied to gay Americans.

Old 11-09-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
so you are saying that once homos get their financial benefits, they shut up? no. don't believe you one bit. the parades would end? no.
You went from they will want more and more, to they will still have parades? There are parades for many different reasons, you are not required to participate.

Old 11-09-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
You went from they will want more and more, to they will still have parades? There are parades for many different reasons, you are not required to participate.
no. you said they would shut up. I said they wouldn't. not rocket science here.

Old 11-09-2013, 12:58 PM

I said this
Quote:
In response to this
Quote:

Quote:
no. you said they would shut up. I said they wouldn't. not rocket science here.
Context is important.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
I said this

In response to this

Context is important.
and so is basic logic. homos still have parades and annoy people in states where homo "marriage" is "legal."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies