Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 04:00 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times

Advertisements

The next obvious question we must ask since we now know Obama lied about keeping your current plan, is, did he also lie about keeping your doctor? It appears the answer is, "yes."

In an analysis of the VA governors race, these facts about ObamaCare have been revealed by a question that Clarice Feldman asked some friends on how the Republican Party might have acted to produce different results in the governors race:
Snooping questions about sex, the annual physical and cost control measures.

"I'd go after the sex-life-snooping questions mandated by Obamacare. The mandate is a "free" annual exam, but the bait-and-switch is that what is mandated is not something guided by the health of the patient but the interests of the government.

a) With cost controls needing to come from somewhere, it's likely that the only person available to you for your annual "physical" will be some barely-trained medic, as opposed to a doctor, PA, RN, etc. Pretty soon it will devolve into an ACORN/OWS precinct captain who doesn't know anything about medicine at all. Just like "navigators"

b) The annual "physical" does not allow you to talk about any NEW health problem -- for that you need to make a regular appt and pay out of pocket. So all those public service announcements of "talk to your doctor about..." things like changes in a mole, chest pain, bowel changes, blah-blah-blah -- you know, HEALTH issues -- that's not included.

c) What IS mandated is that the "health care provider" interrogate the "patient" at each app[ointment] and record the results in the government database. (And the provider who doesn't get the data gets financially punished.) The mandated interrogation is about smoking, whether or not the patient is being beaten at home, with whom and how often the patient is having sex, and how many guns are in the patient's home"

Read more: Articles: Feminists and 'Moral Panic'
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
It sounds to me like the "free" annual exam is more like a "free anal exam." The more we learn about ObamaCare, the scarier it gets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 05:25 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,699,341 times
About ten years ago I had a great doctor - really top notch. But then I received a notice that he was moving out of state, and that I would have to find a new doctor. No one, except for the doctor, is responsible for the decisions that the doctor makes. No one, except for the insurance company, is responsible for the decisions that the insurance company makes. Even if right-wing rhetoric cannot admit these facts.

Old 11-10-2013, 05:42 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
About ten years ago I had a great doctor - really top notch. But then I received a notice that he was moving out of state, and that I would have to find a new doctor. No one, except for the doctor, is responsible for the decisions that the doctor makes. No one, except for the insurance company, is responsible for the decisions that the insurance company makes. Even if right-wing rhetoric cannot admit these facts.

Of course, just like you and I, the decisions of doctors and insurance companies, is greatly influenced by economics.

Old 11-10-2013, 05:50 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,686,730 times
Quote:
Doctors will lose a lot of their power. Just wait. Even now, insurance companies make decisions that overrule. Wait until the government is in charge of what treatment is approved in which instance. You seem to think that both doctor and insurance company will be totally independent.

Old 11-10-2013, 05:50 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,709 times
Quote:
So if an insurance company "decides" to comply with a new law, the authors of the law are not responsible for that decision? Or did the 2,000 page law include a provision that said compliance was optional for insurance companies? We know the President believes he can pick and choose which parts of the law should go into effect, and choose who must obey the law and who is allowed to ignore the law, but I thought the whole thing was pretty much mandatory on everybody else. Can you clarify?

Old 11-10-2013, 05:54 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Now they also have to provide unlimited mental health therapy with the new EO just signed.

Up go the premiums to cover this new mandate.

Old 11-10-2013, 06:13 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,686,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Now they also have to provide unlimited mental health therapy with the new EO just signed.

Up go the premiums to cover this new mandate.
yep, and everyone will be required to pay for it.

Old 11-10-2013, 06:19 AM

7,922 posts, read 9,146,005 times
Quote:

You don't understand that the narrower networks are needed as a cost container to cover the increased expenses associated with not being able to charge extra for preexisting conditions and for lowering theocratic in cost between older and younger people from 5 to 1 to 3 to 1?

Old 11-10-2013, 06:41 AM

3,404 posts, read 3,448,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The next obvious question we must ask since we now know Obama lied about keeping your current plan, is, did he also lie about keeping your doctor? It appears the answer is, "yes."

In an analysis of the VA governors race, these facts about ObamaCare have been revealed by a question that Clarice Feldman asked some friends on how the Republican Party might have acted to produce different results in the governors race:
Snooping questions about sex, the annual physical and cost control measures.

"I'd go after the sex-life-snooping questions mandated by Obamacare. The mandate is a "free" annual exam, but the bait-and-switch is that what is mandated is not something guided by the health of the patient but the interests of the government.

a) With cost controls needing to come from somewhere, it's likely that the only person available to you for your annual "physical" will be some barely-trained medic, as opposed to a doctor, PA, RN, etc. Pretty soon it will devolve into an ACORN/OWS precinct captain who doesn't know anything about medicine at all. Just like "navigators"

b) The annual "physical" does not allow you to talk about any NEW health problem -- for that you need to make a regular appt and pay out of pocket. So all those public service announcements of "talk to your doctor about..." things like changes in a mole, chest pain, bowel changes, blah-blah-blah -- you know, HEALTH issues -- that's not included.

c) What IS mandated is that the "health care provider" interrogate the "patient" at each app[ointment] and record the results in the government database. (And the provider who doesn't get the data gets financially punished.) The mandated interrogation is about smoking, whether or not the patient is being beaten at home, with whom and how often the patient is having sex, and how many guns are in the patient's home"

Read more: Articles: Feminists and 'Moral Panic'
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
It sounds to me like the "free" annual exam is more like a "free anal exam." The more we learn about ObamaCare, the scarier it gets.
When asked who i am having sex with or if theres any abuse going on i will answer yes. Obama to both questions. I am on the receiving end of both from his adminstration.

Old 11-10-2013, 06:44 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
When asked who i am having sex with or if theres any abuse going on i will answer yes. Obama to both questions. I am on the receiving end of both from his adminstration.
Being anti-Obama may result in longer wait times for necessary treatment. I would say it's best to feign cooperation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies