Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 07:53 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
You were (somewhat) right about Obamacare being an overall net negative for this country.

But why did you have to be so ridiculously over the top about it?
First of all, thanks for acknowledging that Obamacare may not be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I have to completely agree with your point.

Conservatives...

When you scream "the sky is falling" 100 times a day over every little minuscule problem, people drown it out and ignore the huge problems and are simply annoyed and not listening any longer.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:15 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,469,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Any opposition to Obama is over the the top and of course racist even if the opposition is directed at an asinine trainwreck that will destroy the country. Just as the rObots.
It WILL destroy the country? Get back to us when it actually DOES destroy the country. I don`t believe everything that comes from the crystal balls of Rushbots.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:22 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,957 times
Quote:
I'm not able to respond to everybody here, but I think many of these posts embody exactly what I'm talking about.

The problem was that the Republican party resorted to personally attacking Obama and promoting candidates with viewpoints far out of the mainstream. That may work with the people already voting Republican, but it's going to alienate moderates, and that is exactly what happened.

Obama shouldn't have won in 2012 if the Republicans had their act together, and didn't act to alienate everyone except straight white Christian males. Hey, Obamacare might even have been repealed. The fact that he did is much more of a statement about the Republicans than anything else.
No more the fault of "Republican party" than it is a highly negative campaign by Obama-Biden, a media that had clearly chosen one side, and a public that gets its sensitive feelings hurt by a soundbyte.

Your idea of them only being inclusive of "Christian white straight males" is exactly the propaganda you let be fed to you, rather than reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
The media gave the election (both times) to obama. They choose the topics of concern and what was not a concern. Flip those issues and obama doesnt get in office (hillary might be instead).
This.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:37 AM

275 posts, read 193,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
If what has happened so far is any indication, it is going to be really, really ugly. I honestly didn't envision it could be as bad as it has so far. I imagine the Republican leadership couldn't either or they wouldn't have fought so hard to delay it because it is a political gold mine. Or maybe they did know, and in the best interest of nation wanted to avoid pulling the rug out from under so many people. Either way, this whole thing is likely to have negative political fallout for the Democrats, the question is if it will be long term or short term.
If R's wanted to use obamacare for a "political" purposes they would have made their position known then backed off and let dems hang themselves. Instead because they knew it would hurt the American people they tried to stop it even when it hurt them politically.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
I'm not able to respond to everybody here, but I think many of these posts embody exactly what I'm talking about.

The problem was that the Republican party resorted to personally attacking Obama and promoting candidates with viewpoints far out of the mainstream. That may work with the people already voting Republican, but it's going to alienate moderates, and that is exactly what happened.

Obama shouldn't have won in 2012 if the Republicans had their act together, and didn't act to alienate everyone except straight white Christian males. Hey, Obamacare might even have been repealed. The fact that he did is much more of a statement about the Republicans than anything else.
A ahh, Obama and democrats called republicans racist, terrorists, extortionist, every name in the book. I don't know who you are listening to but even admitting Obama is wrong you are still resorting to attacking.

You see that is the dems game ... Demonize anyone who doesn't agree with Obama and when you buy into the rhetoric you won't hear a word the opposition says. It worked and now the majority,even those who saw through the rhetoric will pay.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:50 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
If what has happened so far is any indication, it is going to be really, really ugly. I honestly didn't envision it could be as bad as it has so far. I imagine the Republican leadership couldn't either or they wouldn't have fought so hard to delay it because it is a political gold mine. Or maybe they did know, and in the best interest of nation wanted to avoid pulling the rug out from under so many people. Either way, this whole thing is likely to have negative political fallout for the Democrats, the question is if it will be long term or short term.
actually conservatives saw what was going to happen in 2009 when obamacare was first being proposed. we knew it was going to be bad not because its socialized medicine, and not because of the mandates, but because we knew the players involved in writing all the new regulations that would go along with the new law, and we knew what they were going to do with the new law. that and the fact that obamacare was sold with a pack of lies upon lies.

Quote:

no theproblem is that obama brought out the chicago political machine and used to across the country to hammer every opponent that he might face. thats the only way obama has won every election he has been in. you hammer every opponent you can with anything you can, including lies and half truths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post

Conservatives...

When you scream "the sky is falling" 100 times a day over every little minuscule problem, people drown it out and ignore the huge problems and are simply annoyed and not listening any longer.
the problem is though that no one listened the first time when we were first talking about obamacare, and when we tried to do things to try and make the bill better, but were shut out at every turn. after that is was a matter of trying every legal means to stop as much of an agenda that would have been even worse for the country if it had all gotten into effect. and that meant by the way, getting democrats on our side to help stop things as the republicans otherwise couldnt get anything stopped.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:51 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
First of all, thanks for acknowledging that Obamacare may not be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I have to completely agree with your point.

Conservatives...

The left are no better with dead bodies strewn in the streets with any little cut back.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The left are no better with dead bodies strewn in the streets with any little cut back.
Oh yea remember sequestration, when Obama said he would veto any attempt to try to stop it then ran around the country screaming what about the children. Is the White House still closed to the public?

Old 11-10-2013, 09:11 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Dont forget the term progressive that has no relm of progress to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Progress towards totalitarianism and collectivism perhaps.
There is no progress with so-called progressives. We escaped from their nonsense once.

Monty Python- The Annoying Peasant - YouTube

Old 11-10-2013, 09:15 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isee-you View Post
If R's wanted to use obamacare for a "political" purposes they would have made their position known then backed off and let dems hang themselves. Instead because they knew it would hurt the American people they tried to stop it even when it hurt them politically.
And in an about face, not even one week after the shutdown got solved the Dems came along proposing the very same item the Repubs were bashed about during the shutdown.

Care to explain that one ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies