Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 02:26 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Let's see. Clinton lied about having sex. He screwed up his marriage. Obama lied about his healthcare plan and screwed up the entire country. What's worse to you?
Clinton got impeached because he lied about it under oath. That was for perjury and obstruction of justice.

Obama maybe lied, but he did not do so under oath. It may make him very dishonest and unlikable, but it doesn't make him a perjurer.

If you want to impeach someone, you need to have an impeachable offense. Just being an a-hole or supporting policies that conservatives (or liberals) don't like is not an impeachable offense.

So until there is an actually impeachable offense...what's the point of this kind of nonsense?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2013, 02:40 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,471,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I didn't realize the country was destroyed. I must have missed all the destruction on my way to work.

From my seat, the economy and most everything else is much better than it was on Jan 19, 2009.
I said "destroying"...not destroyed.

Not better...much, much, much worse!

Old 11-14-2013, 02:59 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy
His fraudulent claim that "If you like your plan, you can keep it. Period," knowing full well that you couldn't is one crime. Fraud is a crime.
I'd love to see the look on the judges face and his ensuing statement after you submitted this as your evidence for the impeachment of the duly elected President of the USA.

Old 11-14-2013, 03:02 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
I didn't realize the country was destroyed. I must have missed all the destruction on my way to work.

From my seat, the economy and most everything else is much better than it was on Jan 19, 2009.
Ya have to tune into the rightwing media outlets to get the full story on the end of the world.

Old 11-14-2013, 03:12 PM

2,385 posts, read 1,586,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
His fraudulent claim that "If you like your plan, you can keep it. Period," knowing full well that you couldn't is one crime. Fraud is a crime.

There are many reasons upon which he could be impeached. The question is only, "Would we want to?" How much do you like Joe Biden?
I like Joe. Joe will make sure that the Republicans won't "put y'all back in chains".

Old 11-14-2013, 04:53 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Clinton got impeached because he lied about it under oath. That was for perjury and obstruction of justice.

Obama maybe lied, but he did not do so under oath. It may make him very dishonest and unlikable, but it doesn't make him a perjurer.

If you want to impeach someone, you need to have an impeachable offense. Just being an a-hole or supporting policies that conservatives (or liberals) don't like is not an impeachable offense.

So until there is an actually impeachable offense...what's the point of this kind of nonsense?
Uh-huh. Why don't you ask those 5,000,000 people and counting about how they feel about losing their policies after Obama lied.

Like Rich Lowry said in the Politico - "Obama’s promise on insurance wasn’t just injudicious, it was completely impossible. It wasn’t an incidental falsehood but ran counter to the central premise of his own health care law. People losing their current insurance isn’t an unintended consequence of the law; it is an intended consequence without which much of the law doesn’t work."

Everything about the ACA was a baldfaced lie, and Obama knew it. And you folks are comfortable with that too, aren't you? The ends justifies the means and all that, eh?

Last edited by Dockside; 11-14-2013 at 05:01 PM..

Old 11-14-2013, 05:00 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,506,290 times
He will never be impeached as Ried will never table something like that.
He is the Teflon POTUS..

Old 11-14-2013, 08:59 PM

229 posts, read 232,387 times
Benghazi=Murder

Old 11-14-2013, 09:04 PM

229 posts, read 232,387 times
Quote:

How much kool aid have you been drinking?

Old 11-14-2013, 10:19 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times
nothing, since i'm doing fine. still have my job of 14 years, still getting my raise. still being covered with a great health plan from my employer (that exceeded the mandates in the ACA before the ACA was passed), and putting down a down payment on my new home in the next few weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies