Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 04:18 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,713,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
But forcing the employer to pay for your adult son's insurance is ridiculous.
What's ridiculous is that you think this is what the law requires. Try getting informed before staking out a position.

Old 11-11-2013, 04:35 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
..it is a costly, waste filled, Identity thief ridden law that was passed on party line, after 3 years and 600 million dollars it failed every test, even before the roll out..And to top it off the loss of full time postilion to part time. and for part time to well no time, not to metion lose of choice, the sky rocketing cost of plans, or flat out cancellation of coverage..If this help, my god what is harm..

We need term limits.
Most proposals for term limits would allow two terms so what does it matter? That's 8 years for the House and 12 for the Senate.

If all you predictions come true, then the people themselves will be calling for repeal/rescind. Bad laws come and go all the time. That is what a representative democracy form of governance is all about.

Old 11-11-2013, 04:36 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,703,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
How about if I answer that.

1. My 19 yr old son will have insurance through me...just in case
2. *I* can get insurance with my pre-existing condition at a reasonable rate
3. Millions of poor people will get medicare
4. Hospitals now make money based on results, not office visits (this is a rarely discussed item-but far more important then it seems)
5. insurance companies now compete
6. Insurance companies now only make a 20% profit instead of a 40-50% profit, reining in the worst of the abuses
7. simple screening care is now at no direct charge, encouraging people to learn about problems BEFORE they get expensive

I could go on. A LOT of stuff gets fixed here. Yeah theres some things you as a individual might dislike, for the majority its great news, and for the truly poor who qualify for medicare its could literally be the difference between life or death.

If this had been around when my mother was still alive, she would be alive today. Instead of buried.
Thank you for sharing your situations.

We can rest assured that right-wingers will find some vacuous excuse for practicing their standard callous disregard for others in the face of these realities, regardless. What else could they do, in the face of overwhelming evidence that they couldn't care less about anything other than their own personal comfort and luxury?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Obama and the {D}s did not want or seek the {R}s parties help in crafting the legislation.
Your comment is ridiculous, given that the blueprint for ACA was a right-wing proposal from 1989 and the implementation of healthcare reform by a Republican governor in 2006. Don't think to hide right-wing antisocial obstructionism behind a smokescreen of feigned outrage. The right-wingers have made it very clear that, from the election of this President forward, the only sign of bipartisan support for any significant matter of the government's business shall be the willingness to end a Senate filibuster.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:15 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Doing something wrong is not better than doing nothing.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:16 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
What's ridiculous is that you think this is what the law requires. Try getting informed before staking out a position.
It does exactly this. If you insist it doesn't please provide your argument.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:18 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times
Quote:

4. Hospitals now make money based on results, not office visits (this is a rarely discussed item-but far more important then it seems)
6. Insurance companies now only make a 20% profit instead of a 40-50% profit, reining in the worst of the abuses
7. simple screening care is now at no direct charge, encouraging people to learn about problems BEFORE they get expensive

I could go on. A LOT of stuff gets fixed here. Yeah theres some things you as a individual might dislike, for the majority its great news, and for the truly poor who qualify for medicare its could literally be the difference between life or death.

If this had been around when my mother was still alive, she would be alive today. Instead of buried.
Thank those paying higher rates for your family's insurance. Why you think you have the right to rip them off is a question you need to ask yourself.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:27 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,968,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN) on Sunday pointed out to GOP strategist Ana Navarro that Republicans “did nothing” to solve health care problems during President George W. Bush’s two terms in office “and now we’ve done something about it and all you want to do is complain.”

Ellison rips GOP strategist on health care: ‘We’ve done something and all you want to do is complain’ | The Raw Story
"We've done something about it".

Nobody believes they solved anything. But Ellison wants "credit" for having "done something". He wants to be lauded for how good a person he is, and ignore how stupid it was. He wants to be credited as "good" and the GOP as "bad", merely because of his statements on intentions. He's also attempting to telegraph the new talking points, hoping they take root and the press starts repeating it like the dutiful stenographers for the party they (mostly) are. Obama's not backtracking. It doesn't matter how stupid it was, or that millions upon millions get hurt. This was about the acquisition of power and control, and they will cling to that like a drowning man clinging to an overfull lifeboat, because it's POWER they seek, not the people's benefit.

If what they wanted was to solve things, and their only concern was to solve things, they would have never done it in the first place. They knew this was going to happen, AS IT IS HAPPENING. But Obama thought and the party thought they could manage the fallout by blaming the GOP. Power corrupts, and all they want is power and control - health care is a multi-trillion dollar business, and being able to direct money in that stream to friends and from enemies is absolutely essential to the continuation of liberal politics. It also the ONLY interest Obama has - he is the embodiment of the Chicago politics model - corrupt from top to bottom, single party hegemony, and totally feeding the lust for power.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:34 AM

5,576 posts, read 7,997,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
This boob is a poster child for why we need term limits.
If I recall correctly the most commonly talked about limits are 8 years or 12 years for Congressmen, and Ellison has only been serving for 7 years.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:44 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,189,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Doing something wrong is not better than doing nothing.
Needs repeating.
Although I can't say it's wrong in that it is accomplishing pretty much what it was set out to do according to those that devised it(which is wrong)

Old 11-11-2013, 06:02 AM

11,778 posts, read 5,789,903 times
Quote:

Way off the mark on this one!

1. Most students up to the age of 23 could stay on their parents health insurance or could get a cheap school policy.
2. The only good thing this bill has done but which could have been done outside the scope of this disastrous plan with the passing of simple legislation.
3. Poor people will be getting Medicaid - not Medicare.
4. Are you writing your own provisions in now - there is no accountability or cost cutting measures for hospitals - that's why they have laid people off or cut hours of employees so their profit margin stays the same despite the influx of many new Medicaid recipients.
5. Insurance companies don't compete but could have if the President would have allowed the insurance companies to sell nationally which the republicans proposed and many democrats backed
6. Insurance companies will profit $22 BILLION by 2019 with the Obamacare program - the supposed 20% profit margin will only appear on the books while they actually profit 40%+ off the books.
7. These plans provide for a yearly health physical - they do not apply to lab work or diagnostic testing - besides a yearly mammogram, which are generally part of your yearly physical. Add to that the fact that if the doctor feels there needs to be additional testing or procedures, which 90% of the time they do due to malpractice, the patient is now having to pay out of pocket due to the deductible. People will continue to wait it out until they can't bear it anymore.

Based on 35 years in both the private and public medical field.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies