Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 10:56 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,045,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
McAllen, Tex. — They were already running late for a doctor’s appointment, but first the Salas family hurried into their kitchen for another breakfast paid for by the federal government. The 4-year-old grabbed a bag of cheddar-flavored potato chips and a granola bar. The 9-year-old filled a bowl with sugary cereal and then gulped down chocolate milk. Their mother, Blanca, arrived at the refrigerator and reached into the drawer where she stored the insulin needed to treat her diabetes. She filled a needle with fluid and injected it into her stomach with a practiced jab.
A doctor's appointment after eating a breakfast paid for by food stamps? Gee, I wonder who will be paying for that medical visit!

Quote:
The family checkup had been scheduled at the insistence of a school nurse, who wanted the Salas family to address two concerns: They were suffering from both a shortage of nutritious food and a diet of excess — paradoxical problems that have become increasingly interconnected in the United States, and especially in South Texas.
Of course, when a conservative steps up to try to put a stop to this madness, Democrats and liberals demagogue them (us) to death for trying to deprive little Juan or Tyrone or Jimmy of his Fruity Pebbles!

Quote:
Now Blanca herself was too sick to work, receiving disability payments at age 40 and testing her blood-sugar level twice each day to guard against the stroke doctors warned was forthcoming as a result of her diet.
Quote:
Blanca’s parents emigrated from Mexico in the 1950s to pick strawberries and cherries, and they often repeated an aphorism about the border fence. “On one side you’re skinny. On the other you’re fat,” they said. Now millions more had crossed through the fence, both legally and illegally, making Hidalgo County one of the fastest-growing places in America.
This woman is the THE PERFECT example of failed liberal ideology. She's the child of immigrants. She's fat. She's disabled. She does not work. She receive's food stamps. She has 5 obese children.

Is there a more perfect example of how liberals and liberalism are the death of America?

How the food stamp diet is leaving the Rio Grande Valley both hungry and obese | The Washington Post

Old 11-11-2013, 10:59 AM

39,810 posts, read 26,318,881 times
And her Obamavote counts just as much as contributing members of society.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:02 AM

18,864 posts, read 14,045,658 times
Why complain - you did consent, didn't you?
Withdraw consent, if it bothers you so much.

“The Social Security Act does not require an individual to have a Social Security Number (SSN) to live and work within the United States, nor does it require an SSN simply for the purpose of having one...”
- - - The Social Security Administration

http://home.hiwaay.net/~becraft/ScottSSNLetter.pdf

In fact, if a mere 3% withdrew, the government would collapse in a matter of days.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Why complain - you did consent, didn't you?
Withdraw consent, if it bothers you so much.

“The Social Security Act does not require an individual to have a Social Security Number (SSN) to live and work within the United States, nor does it require an SSN simply for the purpose of having one...”
- - - The Social Security Administration

http://home.hiwaay.net/~becraft/ScottSSNLetter.pdf

In fact, if a mere 3% withdrew, the government would collapse in a matter of days.
I'm not rooting for government collapse. I am rooting for total government reform, including a top to bottom reformation of the government handout apparatus.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:07 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,615,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
A doctor's appointment after eating a breakfast paid for by food stamps? Gee, I wonder who will be paying for that medical visit!

Of course, when a conservative steps up to try to put a stop to this madness, Democrats and liberals demagogue them (us) to death for trying to deprive little Juan or Tyrone or Jimmy of his Fruity Pebbles!

This woman is the THE PERFECT example of failed liberal ideology. She's the child of immigrants. She's fat. She's disabled. She does not work. She receive's food stamps. She has 5 obese children.

Is there a more perfect example of how liberals and liberalism are the death of America?

How the food stamp diet is leaving the Rio Grande Valley both hungry and obese | The Washington Post
why do you assume she is a liberal? I heard she was a founding member of the local tea party chapter in her community.
On another note, when I see the local right wing conservative, gun toting local militia wanna-bees all dressed in camo gear, with the "come and take em" bumper stickers, they all look like they swallowed a bowling ball and without exception, they are fat, morbidly obese, loud mouth, judgmental bastards.

You know what I'm talkin about???

Old 11-11-2013, 11:08 AM

8,582 posts, read 9,066,343 times
Quote:
I'm not rooting for government collapse. I am rooting for total government reform, including a top to bottom reformation of the government handout apparatus.
That would **** off Wall Street. They own the government, so forget about it.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
why do you assume she is a liberal? I heard she was a founding member of the local tea party chapter in her community.
On another note, when I see the local right wing conservative, gun toting local militia wanna-bees all dressed in camo gear, with the "come and take em" bumper stickers, they all look like they swallowed a bowling ball and without exception, they are fat, morbidly obese, loud mouth, judgmental bastards.

You know what I'm talkin about???
Her personal political ideology is not the point. The point is that liberalism feeds, supports, foments, protects, and encourages her ability to be a net drag on society. Apparently, that went right over your head.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
That would **** off Wall Street. They own the government, so forget about it.
True. But, we should not just accept this reality unchallenged.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:40 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,474,276 times
Quote:

This is exactly why they are pouring over the border. What other country would allow millions to come and pay them to breed. This woman never has to worry about working for the rest of her life.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
This is exactly why they are pouring over the border. What other country would allow millions to come and pay them to breed. This woman never has to worry about working for the rest of her life.
Exactly. And this is what liberals are pushing for through amnesty. They want the vote, America be damned. This is also why I, and many others, believe that John McCain, Marco Rubio, Lindsey Graham, and others should be purged from the Republican Party. They support the very liberal ideology that us common folk know is the death spiral of our nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies