Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 06:57 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I outlined three very valid comparisons, and it was not to bash the Tea Party, it was to compare three very unflattering similarities between the two political groups. Those comparisons are accurate.

The question is which, if either, will survive their current exile.
As I noted earlier, you should worry more about your own backyard.

Why Illinois is Going Bankrupt

Why Illinois is Going Bankrupt | TIME.com

Old 11-12-2013, 07:00 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
There are striking similarities between these two groups. Both are deeply unpopular with a majority of the citizens in their country (Egypt and the U.S.), both are supported by poorly educated, largely rural supporters, and both are generally represented by the most rogue and extremist members of each country's political makeup.

Will either of these groups survive to become a political force to be reckoned with again? Or will they merely become a repository for each societies political rejects? I believe the Tea Party has the better chance, of the two.
Just one ignorant straw man after another.

What's next, a comparison between serial murders, child molesters and the Tea Party?

Old 11-12-2013, 07:02 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times
Quote:
I outlined three very valid comparisons, and it was not to bash the Tea Party, it was to compare three very unflattering similarities...
Quote:
They are insular and xenophobic, both of which retard knowledge of world affairs. My comparisons remain valid.
Really? Not bashing?
Your comparisons are not valid as has been shown in the thread; they are based on your ignorance of the tea party and leftist propaganda fed to you.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:17 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
There are striking similarities between these two groups. Both are deeply unpopular with a majority of the citizens in their country (Egypt and the U.S.), both are supported by poorly educated, largely rural supporters, and both are generally represented by the most rogue and extremist members of each country's political makeup.

Will either of these groups survive to become a political force to be reckoned with again? Or will they merely become a repository for each societies political rejects? I believe the Tea Party has the better chance, of the two.
You know when a group wanting financial responsibility is labeled "extreme", our country is in real trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies