Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 12:09 PM

37,801 posts, read 41,008,695 times

Advertisements

We're talking President here. If you are a liberal and there is a liberal candidate running as a Democrat for what reason(s) would you not vote for them?

Would you vote for a known Communist? Would you vote for an ex-con? Would you vote for a drug addict? Would you vote for a proven liar? Would you vote for a politician with a scandalous past (not talking sexual but more like got away with a slap on the wrist for fraud, embezzlement, campaign finance crime, insider trading, tax evasion, etc.)? Would you vote for a President with zero management experience? Would you vote for a president who would drastically increase the national debt and you have children? Would you vote for a former Republican who switched parties and became a Democrat? Would you vote for a Muslim who has a record of speaking favorably about Sharia Law or belonged to organizations supporting it? Would you vote for a President who thinks the federal government is better at making parental decisions? School decisions? Would you vote for a pro-life Democrat who is liberal about everything else? Would you vote for a former lobbyist? Would you vote for a President who took end runs around Congress? Would you vote for a liberal who doubled your taxes? Would you vote for a president who told you what you can and cannot eat or drink? Would you vote for an "open borders" (let anyone in) person?

Those are just some questions to ponder. You don't have to pick any of them. Assuming you have a mind of your own and don't let the DNC pick your candidate choice, I'm just curious about where liberals draw a line for a Democrat candidate. What can't they be or be for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 12:25 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,511,205 times
You evaluate each candidate for their respective strengths and weaknesses. You are voting for a person, not just running a filter on a sequence of labels.

Let me ask you two questions:
1. Under what conditions would you vote for a Liberal Democrat?
2. If you are a conservative and there is a conservative candidate running as a Republican for what reason(s) would you not vote for them?

Old 11-12-2013, 01:24 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
You evaluate each candidate for their respective strengths and weaknesses. You are voting for a person, not just running a filter on a sequence of labels.

2. If you are a conservative and there is a conservative candidate running as a Republican for what reason(s) would you not vote for them?
Though I almost always vote for the Republican for President, I might have trouble voting for one that was completely anti gay or anti civil rights period. That being said, it would depend on who was running on the other side and a candidates overall view. I do not vote "one issue" but vote for the candidate that seems to share my views the closest.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:38 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,261,634 times
The question is irrelevant since any democrat or republican wouldn't make it through the primaries with any of them with the exception of a proven liar.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:40 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,749,948 times
1. white
2. male

Old 11-12-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:

it's a thread. you answer the questions, you don't ask them. if you want to ask them, start your own thread.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:52 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Yes, there is a number of reasons I wouldn't vote for a Democrat and you listed a few of them.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:38 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,511,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
1. white
2. male
So who voted for Bill Clinton, Al Gore, and Jimmy Carter?

Old 11-12-2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
So who voted for Bill Clinton, Al Gore, and Jimmy Carter?
lots of living in the past you're doing there pal. "moveon." "progress."

Old 11-12-2013, 09:04 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
lots of living in the past you're doing there pal. "moveon." "progress."
So you don't remember who you voted for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies