Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 08:09 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,416,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Simplistic is right.

Burger King is not promoting Immigration reform so how is your post even relevant. A burger king worker posted the bogus sign...not Washington.
That was my point. Some of the locals feel pushed out.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:36 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Why am I not surprised a right winger is trying to post something that is fake and pretend it's real.
Even after several posts outing it as a fake, some of the right wingers are still acting like it is real.

The next step in the right wing lunatic playbook is after passing through the faux outrage denial state is to move on to saying that a leftist liberal commie put up the sign, took a picture and then posted it to right wing/teabagger websites as part of an insidious plot to make them look stupid.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:57 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
A Burger King in Ephrata, Wash., recently posted the words "Now Hiring Must be Mexican" on its sign.

'Now Hiring Must Be Mexican' Says Burger King Sign
Either the store or the radio station is trolling as a publicity stunt or it's a disgruntled employee having a little fun ("Bang Ding Ow"!). I think this is a joke and not real, like the racist McDonald's sign a while back.

Last edited by renault; 11-13-2013 at 09:05 AM..

Old 11-13-2013, 09:09 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's right there with the article. So unless you see the actual store front you don't believe it ?

Second link shows " King" in the background:
Story's already been debunked, disgruntled employee. Give it up einstein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I clicked on your link to view the photo, but did not see the BK logo or sign, why was this conveniently left out? And then I clicked on your KFFM.com link and their website wants you to download some bullcrap when my Windows Defender kicked in and warned me not to download, wtf?

Old 11-13-2013, 09:11 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Even after several posts outing it as a fake, some of the right wingers are still acting like it is real.

The next step in the right wing lunatic playbook is after passing through the faux outrage denial state is to move on to saying that a leftist liberal commie put up the sign, took a picture and then posted it to right wing/teabagger websites as part of an insidious plot to make them look stupid.
Yeah, we know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's right there with the article. So unless you see the actual store front you don't believe it ?

Second link shows " King" in the background:

Old 11-13-2013, 10:11 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,989,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
A Burger King in Ephrata, Wash., recently posted the words "Now Hiring Must be Mexican" on its sign.

KFFM.com posted a picture of the sign and asked its readers, "I’m not exactly sure of the reasoning. Maybe none of the current staff can speak espanol or perhaps they need to fulfill their EEO report, I’m not exactly sure. What do you think? Do you find this sign offensive or are you okay with their honesty.”

'Now Hiring Must Be Mexican' Says Burger King Sign
When Americans learn better Mexican Spanish , it will cease to be a problem!

Old 11-13-2013, 11:30 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Years ago there was a woman who wrote the press and her letter was posted in the local NJ paper. She wrote her son applied in a fast food place, could have been a Burger King or Mac D's and said her son was turned away because he was not bilingual. He could not speak Spanish .

Old 11-13-2013, 12:15 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,416,274 times
It wasn't fake. It was a disgruntled employee.

It wasn't condoned by Burger King but it did happen according to the report I read.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:00 PM

62,937 posts, read 29,126,415 times
It is still a fact though that many jobs are requiring bi-lingual workers aka knowing Spanish. Since we are an English speaking country and most Hispanic-Americans can speak English why is that? It is pandering to illegal alien Spanish speakers at the expense of native English speaker job opportunities, plain and simple.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:08 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Huge Mexican influx in the area because of the farms. Some of the locals feel pushed out.
Washington opens their arms to the illegals. Simple.
Yeah, maybe. Washington has a lot of agriculture, most of it seasonal. They need people to pick the apples, grapes and those wonderful vidalia onions. Whites wont do it, as it's piece work and they have to work too hard to make a buck. Mexicans will and jump at the chance. Being a farmer with a crop to harvest what would you do?
Clue......Hire the Mexicans and get your product to market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies