Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 08:11 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I ask for specifics and you give me Bud's.

That's pretty much what I thought.

Did you actually try ordering anything from Bud's, or did you just see store listings? The reason I don't bother with their site when I'm in the market for something is because they list everything they sell, regardless of stock status. I can put up a website listing 1,000,000 items. It doesn't mean that I have them available to ship.
Not true. The items which are not available, are marked as such. Yes, I did order from them this year, and received it at the local store in timely manner. Also, the gun ranges which I frequent also have a store and they never ran out of guns, and neither did stores such as Bass Pro Shop.

Quote:
Conditions vary a bit around the country, but your assertion that "there was plenty on the shelves" is just patently false. I don't care where you live - the shortage, especially on ammo, was felt nationwide, and felt strongly. You can continue to pretend otherwise if you want, but everyone reading this thread that followed the situation earlier this year knows that you're wrong.

I'm done with this tangent. I didn't expect you to try and defend the indefensible, and it's not worth that much of my time to argue over. So reply if you want, but your comment will be ignored.
I know it hurts to be proven wrong. You bought the rumors, and now you are embarrassed. You'll get over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 08:12 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Did someone try to take your guns away?
No. There was no attempt to confiscate guns I own.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:26 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times
Quote:
Obama tried but he failed (as usual).
He tried? Really? Why don't you prove that. And again, did someone come & take your precious guns away?

Old 11-13-2013, 08:31 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,953,123 times

Old 11-13-2013, 08:47 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,697 times
Brilliant deduction, Watson!

Americans are also more likely to eat Big Macs, buy illicit drugs, or have a felony conviction.

Also, I love this term "shove it down our throats." Its called having to follow the law once its passed. I guess child labor laws and minimum wage got shoved down our throats, too.

The GOP can keep with their anti-healthcare agenda all the way to 2016, and voters will keep to their voting for democrats agenda.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:49 AM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
Brilliant deduction, Watson!

Americans are also more likely to eat Big Macs, buy illicit drugs, or have a felony conviction.

Also, I love this term "shove it down our throats." Its called having to follow the law once its passed. I guess child labor laws and minimum wage got shoved down our throats, too.

The GOP can keep with their anti-healthcare agenda all the way to 2016, and voters will keep to their voting for democrats agenda.
LOL...and why are the dems back peddling on this now?

Go ahead..answer....

Ohhh and, why has the law changed without congressional approval....You did say the law had to be followed once it's passed....right...

Old 11-13-2013, 08:53 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, many Americans would rather spend their money on hobbies, vacations, toys, cars, big screen TVs etc as opposed to insurance. It is called personal irresponsibility, which seems to be what many politicians are promoting these days. The problem is that when they need medical care, they walk into ER and force other people to pay for their care.

Like all personally responsible people, I have always maintained insurance.

But in this case, those that are personally responsible, are getting punished the most. With higher cost or less coverage, just to meet and manage a monthly household budget.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:14 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,993,500 times
Quote:
Americans 34 Times More Interested In Buying Guns Than Obamacare
Makes sense. Owning a gun is far better for your health than Obamacare.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:14 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I consider owning a firearm another form of Health Insurance. I also support the idea, but not the current implementation, of a Universal Insurance, or preferably, care, System. The private sector medical, pharmaceutical and insurance system has looted the US citizenry for far too long and we really need to institute price controls in the form of government price bargaining.

Guns are purchased as individuals and they do not require me to pay for someone else to own one and I don't need to have government help me pay or cover them for it. See the bill of RIGHTS on what the government DOESN'T STOP ME FROM HAVING! THEY DON'T PROVIDE THIS. A government program that pays for individuals to have services or needs not listed in the constitution brings about economic ruin in the end and what we have been having since they created medicare etc. Looting the US citizens actually is more like the US government and the US government helps private sector medical insurance systems make laws that benefit them. In fact the entire obamacare law brings in NEW money via the IRS, TAXES and guns to make sure you have a insurance plan. Who do you think wrote the dam thing. When government tells the people who provides the services, what goods and needs the American people want and force that via law, the corrupt and criminals in washington erode freedom and build dependency and failure of that system.

If you want a better service for cheaper prices look at freedom before we give government the control of things. I say we don't have freedom so far the so called private sector medical insurance has been for some time government benefited laws and regulations. There is no reason Americans shouldnt be allowed to by drugs from other nations at cheaper prices.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:59 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, lot of people never pay.

Then why are we wasting all this time and money on Obamacare? I mean, if all these people can get treated and not pay...why is there a problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies