Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2013, 05:02 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Debating stupidity gets tiring. No one can get through to the brain dead. If you can't figure it out there is no amount of educating you that will get it through. All you know is your brother signed up, nothing more, dont' even know if he signed up for medicaid.
I asked you for an explanation of why you believe you are responsible for paying my brothers healthcare costs and this is the depth of your response? i agree we've come to the end of this conversation you seem on the verge of loosing it....

Old 12-01-2013, 05:08 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I asked you for an explanation of why you believe you are responsible for paying my brothers healthcare costs and this is the depth of your response? i agree we've come to the end of this conversation you seem on the verge of loosing it....
As I said you can't debate with stupid. If the posts is this forum don't explain it to you then nothing will.

Old 12-01-2013, 05:09 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Actually, we just got our insurance rates in the mail yesterday and it's even lower than that. It's 62 dollars a pay period, so 124 per month for two adults, and the deductible is 500 a year.

So when the employer mandate kicks in after reelection next year, we will get dumped into the exchanges. Our ACA quote for two adults is 8000 yearly deductible and 95 dollar per week premium!
We absolutely cannot afford that.
So are in the group that paid for your insurance but because of the 3% that Obamacare helps will not be able to afford insurance. Another case of hurting a large group of people to help the few.

Old 12-01-2013, 05:13 PM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I read at one point that there is nearly a billion dollars in ad buys from insurance companies aimed at getting enrollments. Supposedly HHS has asked insurers to hold off on this so as not to overload the website. At some point in the next few months, you should see some of this on a TV near near you. That should get your blood boiling.
So how does the president expect 40 million uninsured to sign up by March? Which all leads back to 0bama being forced to eat crow and delay that personal mandate punishment, just as we were asking him to do in October. It was a sensible and resaonable request back then, ans it's still reasonable and sensible now.

Old 12-01-2013, 05:15 PM

7,500 posts, read 5,749,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
While the rightwing media portrays the ACA as a disaster,designed to fail Blah Blah Blah.
My brother in Florida tells me he just signed up for Healthcare coverage last week after being denied coverage for the last 20 years because of a pre existing diabetic condition. The ACA seems to be working for some.. Health Reform
How about you and your brother pony up and help me pay for my insurance and while your at it I'd like some help with housing and food as well. Come to think of it I'd like a better phone plan so pony up for that as well.

Old 12-01-2013, 05:18 PM

7,500 posts, read 5,749,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I received one of those letter and that is not what it said. You are being lied to again. Mine said my policy was terminated due to ACA.

"if you like your insurance you can keep your insurance period" LIE, LIE, LIE
The word Democrat will begin to fade into history beginning in November of 2014....

Old 12-01-2013, 05:18 PM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
I read at one point that there is nearly a billion dollars in ad buys from insurance companies aimed at getting enrollments. Supposedly HHS has asked insurers to hold off on this so as not to overload the website. At some point in the next few months, you should see some of this on a TV near near you. That should get your blood boiling.

Thought the site was going well.

Guess not.

Old 12-01-2013, 05:30 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,717,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
The word Democrat will begin to fade into history beginning in November of 2014....

Then what...the word Republican will be synonymous with mobility scooters and oxygen tanks...LOL

Old 12-01-2013, 05:35 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Jambo, give it up man!

You're on a thread trying to rationally discuss something that most won't be able to, rationally that is.

They liken your brother's ability to sign up for insurance under the ACA to THEM subsidizing his insurance premiums.

These azzhats would rather vilify their fellow Americans than put the blame where it belongs.

Like the guy who pays transportation taxes but doesn't own a car or the guy who pays education taxes but has no kids could get all steamed up if they were so inclined. It's all about venting and deriding others in a personal manner anonymously on a forum. They should have their own flag so we could easily tell where their bunkers are located.

All those diabetics out there denied insurance for years should have just sucked it up and died or gone bankrupt paying for their diabetes induced complications. Christian nation my rosey red azz! These guys give new meaning to the term "Shylock".

Makes their little brains feel better to call others stupid.

Sluff it off Bro.

Old 12-01-2013, 05:36 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Source for your story ?

This one tells a different tale.

Did the feds fix HealthCare.gov? How we’ll know - NBC News.com
But if you really want to know it's working, look for insurance company ads. So far, insurers have been a little bit quiet about the site which, after all, is supposed to be driving them lots of business.

"As the technical issue get worked out, health plans are going to get more and more engaged," says Robert Zirkelbach of America's Health Insurance Plans, meaning they're waiting until it works better before they start a full-court press of ads.
The White House knows it cannot count on the insurers for now so it's turned to advocacy groups. Organizing for America, which campaigns for President Barack Obama, plans a public relations blitz called “Health Care for the Holidays”.
Experts agree it will be important to get the right mix of sick vs. well people into the exchange plans. Insurance companies will go broke if they have to cover too many sick people without premiums from healthy people to balance them out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies