Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2013, 02:13 PM

423 posts, read 414,113 times

Advertisements

Of course the GOP wants everyone to have Health Care. They simply want you to pay for it...like everyone else.

The Dems want to give it away to the "unfortunates" and make the rest pay for it. Things that you don't pay for, usually end up being worth what they cost you.

Old 11-25-2013, 02:17 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,562,785 times
Health insurance isn't healthcare - a painful lesson many will learn when some of the top hospitals and doctors aren't included in their new plans.

The republicans believe this law is a disaster (more and more are starting to agree), so why wouldn't they try to stop it?

Given that this is "the law of the land," until Mr. Obama changes his mind, it would make sense to focus on getting rid of that first.

The Republicans are politcal idiots with a completely inept Boehner in charge.

Old 11-25-2013, 02:21 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,253,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
No one is against people having healthcare.

Some are just for stealing the money for it from people, and some are against this theft.

Too bad we haven't spent the hundreds of millions going towards making healthcare more avalable....rather than insurance!!!!!!w
Ah, so your solution is … ?

I ask, because, as the OP noted, the GOP has offered no solution, just satisfied themselves with obstructing endlessly when someone else did. Rather like your post.

Old 11-25-2013, 02:22 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,954,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Try to deny this !

House Republicans engineered a 17-page playbook detailing how to sabotage and repeal the Affordable Care Act so they can score political points. In this lengthy manual, however, Republicans didn't offer a single idea for solutions, for helping constituents enroll in health care or understand their benefits. Rather, the entire handbook is a tactical guide to tearing down the law.
Wow, imagine... You call it 'denial of health care' when it's disrupting people's health care, raising the insurance price to un-affordable and the public, for the most part, wants it GONE.

So, tell me, what is the purpose of keeping it?

(my answer, is that Democrats desperately want to control the health care industry, for purposes of getting their hands on some of the 6 trillion dollars that flow through it, to assist them in corruption, vote buying, punishing enemies and rewarding friends - there's no other reason to do it.)

Old 11-25-2013, 02:28 PM

525 posts, read 507,672 times
Default To the Right Wing: What does your ideal healthcare system look like?

I'm directing this question to either card carrying members of the GOP, Libertarians, or center right voters that disagree with Single-Payer or the ACA.

What, in your opinion, is an ideal healthcare system? I'll ask a few more specifics so that a good diagram can be laid out.

1. What does a good healthcare system look like in your ideal situation?
2. How are the poor taken care of?
3. How are the elderly taken care of?
4. How are costs addressed?
5. How are those who come into emergency rooms without insurance treated? Are they treated?
6. How are those with pre-existing conditions that can't afford insurance addressed?
7. Does a public option for older or poorer citizens (medicare/medicaid) exist in your ideal system or no?

Old 11-25-2013, 02:33 PM

10,582 posts, read 9,765,067 times
Default CBS News: Female cancer patient dropped from her EMPLOYER BASED insurance plan due to Obamacare

And the hits just keep on comin'.

The five million Americans who got dropped from their private, individual insurance plans due to Obamacare making those plans illegal, is NOTHING compared to the number who will soon start getting dropped from their EMPLOYER base plans.

And those are already starting. Just in time for the holidays.

Ho ho ho.

----------------------------------------------

Obamacare: Female Cancer Patient Dropped from Employer-Based Health Plan - Guy Benson

Obamacare: Female Cancer Patient Dropped from Employer-Based Health Plan

Guy Benson | Nov 25, 2013

Here's another anecdote for the White House to dismiss, just in time for the holidays. Via the Weekly Standard, meet Debra Fishericks:

This segment, which aired on a CBS News affiliate in Virginia, is unsparingly brutal for the White House. Fishericks is (a) fighting kidney cancer, (b) loves her soon-to-be-canceled employer-based coverage, (c) can't find an affordable policy on Obamacare's exchange that allows her to keep her doctors, and (d) tearfully frets that the new regime will be so punitive and expensive that she won't have enough money to visit her beloved grandchild. A genuine parade of horribles.

Fishericks' experience shreds four core promises of Obamacare: She can't keep her plan, she can't keep her doctor, she can't afford the new options, and she falls beyond the administration's "five percent" deception. She's one of the millions who will lose their group coverage status over the next few years.

The Chicago Tribune's editorial board notices that Obamacare's roster of losers seems to grow by the day:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Tribune
If President Barack Obama and Democratic leaders think the outcry against Obamacare is fierce now, watch if millions more Americans get blindsided with the news that they'll be forced into these dysfunctional government online marketplaces.

Some will face higher premiums or higher deductibles, and they'll be required to share private medical and financial information on a website with a questionable security firewall, opening them to fraudsters, hackers and cyberchaos...

The full brunt of Obamacare's impact on Americans is still gathering. Every law creates winners and losers, but with this law so far, the losers are piling up.

Old 11-25-2013, 02:35 PM

7,448 posts, read 5,714,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Try to deny this !

House Republicans engineered a 17-page playbook detailing how to sabotage and repeal the Affordable Care Act so they can score political points. In this lengthy manual, however, Republicans didn't offer a single idea for solutions, for helping constituents enroll in health care or understand their benefits. Rather, the entire handbook is a tactical guide to tearing down the law.

Republicans have no playbook to create jobs, they have no playbook to build infrastructure, they have no playbook to pass immigration reform, they have no playbook to pass a budget -- and they have no playbook to propose a better health care system.

Make no mistake: As Republicans show that their priority is to protect special interests, destroy the Affordable Care Act and side with insurance companies, Democrats will stand on the side of hardworking families. House Democrats will continue to work to offer commonsense solutions to the American people so that health care works, middle-class families can get ahead and the dysfunction in Washington stops jeopardizing the prosperity of this great nation.

Opinion: GOP's 'playbook' to deny Americans health care - CNN.com
Explain to me why your middle income neighbors should pay 18-30% of their gross income on premiums and another 8-10% on deductibles to subsidize your care? If you can give me a reasonable answer to that I would greatly appreciate it. Which brings me to the next point.. NOBODY wants to take away health care from people. The current cluster fawk destroys the middle class period. That is why we want to drive the final nail in the coffin. Once that's done we need to get the moron in the whitehouse to sit down and have an honest discussion about removing barriers to providing care across state lines and how we can control costs while making sure everyone who needs care gets it.

The only people who swallow the bull you people shovel with this are the mentally challenged voters. Millions and millions of people are loosing up to 20-35% of income for their families and self centered, greedy moonbats could careless. There is nothing that can be done to fix this cluster. It's toast just like the liberal moonbats that will be going home after the 2014 elections.

Enough of the victim mentality and pathological lying for Christs sake.

Old 11-25-2013, 02:41 PM

4,396 posts, read 4,899,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Ah, so your solution is … ?

I ask, because, as the OP noted, the GOP has offered no solution, just satisfied themselves with obstructing endlessly when someone else did. Rather like your post.
Get the federal government out of health insurance except for one item. Use the commerce clause as intended. Force the state governments to allow health insurance to be sold across state lines. I should be able to see commercials for health insurance the same as car/home/life insurance from Allstate, Geico or Progressive. I should be able to buy a policy covering EXACTLY what I want and not what some bureaucrat tells me I need covered.

Old 11-25-2013, 02:41 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,314,155 times
Who is her employer and what is their role in this mess?

Old 11-25-2013, 02:45 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,202,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Get the federal government out of health insurance except for one item. Use the commerce clause as intended. Force the state governments to allow health insurance to be sold across state lines. I should be able to see commercials for health insurance the same as car/home/life insurance from Allstate, Geico or Progressive. I should be able to buy a policy covering EXACTLY what I want and not what some bureaucrat tells me I need covered.

Maybe you should be in govt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies