Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2013, 12:37 PM

39,074 posts, read 51,199,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
the healthcare site wasn't working last night. I just went to www.healthcare.gov and the site is painfully slow. Small businesses get this text

you enroll in shop coverage directly through an agent, broker, or insurance company.
bs. It's running very well today by all unbiased reports.

Old 11-30-2013, 12:38 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Does anyone know where I can get pricing for the plans and what each plan includes? I went to Subsidy Calculator | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation but it doesn't give much information nor does it tell the deductibles.

Old 11-30-2013, 12:39 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
bs
Internet connections are local and regional.
Just because you have no lag doesn't mean there is no lag somewhere else.
The more hops you take the greater the chance of lag.

Old 11-30-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
All I can say is what I am seeing. The images are rolling down which means either the images are a huge file size or the site is slow and it is slow moving from page to page.

As a test to make sure it wasn't my internet connection I also went to other websites being careful to go to sites I don't go to so I don't get a cached version of the website and I was moving around fast.

Old 11-30-2013, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514
No one who is getting insurance because of this law is getting it for free. We will all PAY FOR OUR INSURANCE. We'll just get to enjoy the same kind of subsidies everyone who has had insurance through their employers have gotten all along.

Those people whose plans were substandard and didn't make the cut, or whose insurance companies made the decision to drop their policies (which happened routinely before the ACA as well), will be not be shut out of buying another policy due to their cancer or diabetes, which they would have been before.

Am I enjoying watching all of you rightwingers froth at the mouth over this? Yes, I am. Just as I enjoy watching the rightwingers froth at the mouth over everything this president does. It has become a great spectator sport, though very, very predictable.
Quote:
People who will be forced to pay higher premiums to pay for your insurance and a lot of those people can not afford to pay more money and don't qualify for subsidies. If they can't afford to pay higher premiums they are essentially losing their health care insurance. By the way.. the people currently losing their insurance are mostly business owners who were NOT getting subsidy from employers.

And here you are because of partisanship and because others are being forced to pay for your insurance you are laughing and gloating.
Oh and HeyJude while you are laughing at people losing their insurance because they can't afford to pay for their family and your family also remember if they can't afford it they are fined and have to pay "a tax" to the government. The tax is a percentage and that percentage increases every year.

Of the people who will pay the higher premiums (paying for your insurance too) that means they can't spend that money elsewhere which hurts the economy, in other words, more people will lose their jobs because people are forced to spend less money.

The leeches are bringing this country down.

Old 11-30-2013, 01:18 PM

8,629 posts, read 9,130,021 times
Quote:
Oh and HeyJude while you are laughing at people losing their insurance because they can't afford to pay for their family and your family also remember if they can't afford it they are fined and have to pay "a tax" to the government.

Of the people who will pay the higher premiums (paying for your insurance too) that means they can't spend that money elsewhere which hurts the economy, in other words, more people will lose their jobs because people are forced to spend less money.

Remember, health insurance company's main priority is not to cover you and your family health care needs, it is to pay dividends to its shareholders. Bring in as much as possible, pay out the least as possible. Thus, co-pays and deductibles equals monthly premiums with little pay-out. Add them to your leech list.

Old 11-30-2013, 01:22 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Like you, I'm going to be paying for my insurance, and even with the subsidy I'll be getting I wager I'll still be paying more per month than you do for your subsidized insurance through your employer. So I'm not "leeching" off of anybody.

Old 11-30-2013, 01:34 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
The healthcare site wasn't working last night. I just went to www.healthcare.gov and the site is painfully slow. Small businesses get this text

You enroll in SHOP coverage directly through an agent, broker, or insurance company.
The SHOP exchange for small businesses was, drum roll please --- postponed until next year.

Old 11-30-2013, 02:12 PM

3,599 posts, read 6,781,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
No one who is getting insurance because of this law is getting it for free. We will all PAY FOR OUR INSURANCE. We'll just get to enjoy the same kind of subsidies everyone who has had insurance through their employers have gotten all along.

Those people whose plans were substandard and didn't make the cut, or whose insurance companies made the decision to drop their policies (which happened routinely before the ACA as well), will be not be shut out of buying another policy due to their cancer or diabetes, which they would have been before.

Am I enjoying watching all of you rightwingers froth at the mouth over this? Yes, I am. Just as I enjoy watching the rightwingers froth at the mouth over everything this president does. It has become a great spectator sport, though very, very predictable.
You do realize 50% on the exchanges ARE NOT expected to receive any subsidy at all. So it's a double whammy. Big premium increases PLUS no subsidy.

And stop drinking the Obama kool aid. In Obama's own words, "the vast majority" of these plans people had were not "junk". Most had major comprehensive.

So they get to trade a good solid plan at affordable price for essentially the same plan at a much higher price in the exchanges. And please don't even try to insist "oh well tough, those paying full price are wealthy". Remember the cut off is 400% of poverty. 94k for family of four isn't considered wealthy.

So what do you have to say to the 5-7 million (of the 15 million on the individual market) who not only have to pay full price but pay even more for the similar coverage as they had last year?

All to help the roughly 1-3 million like yourself who were forced out of the individual market due to age or pre existing condition. That's right. Only 1-3 million is really what this law is all about.

Old 11-30-2013, 02:39 PM

7,498 posts, read 5,745,535 times
Quote:
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...ser=1753498789

Please post links to your unbiased reports..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies