Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2013, 06:55 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,505,438 times

Advertisements

When will c-d leftists say enough?

Hint, they won't; this is exactly what they want America to become.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:00 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,504,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Memo to the disinformation crowd...The health insurance system pre-The ACA was broken and ALL Americans deserve acccess to affordable healthcare. Come up with something better ignorant ones. I'll bet many of you bashing the opportunity to acquire affordable healthcare are already on Medicare or Medicaid or have no insurance at all...just costing the taxpayer $ when you slither into the emergency room. You're not fooling anyone.
You would be betting wrong.

Leftists are wrong about everything. All the time.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:38 PM

1,199 posts, read 730,827 times
Default So those against ACA want to go back to this?

I mean seriously, and there are people who actually said there is nothing wrong with the way the insurance companies where reaming us in the rear with out lube?

Insurer Gave Bonuses For Dropped Policies? - CBS News

Blue Cross praised employees who dropped sick policyholders, lawmaker says - Los Angeles Times

Think you've got health insurance? Rescission could leave you broke and sick - DailyFinance

To be upfront, I would have been completely preferred single payer over the ACA....however, I prefer the ACA to what we had before. I seriously can not believe that people were ok with this happening. And then I hear about people who talk about single payer system having death panels, yet forget that thousand of american die due to the lack of health insurance

Over 26,000 annual deaths for uninsured: report | Reuters

So please, to everyone who says repeal the ACA and lets not replace it with anything, I just cant help but shake my head. The ACA is definitely not perfect in any way. But COME UP WITH A REPLACEMENT, BECAUSE THERE IS NO REASON TO GO BACK TO THE OLD SYSTEM!

Old 11-14-2013, 07:39 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,219,343 times
Quote:
So please, to everyone who says repeal the ACA and lets not replace it with anything, I just cant help but shake my head. The ACA is definitely not perfect in any way. But COME UP WITH A REPLACEMENT, BECAUSE THERE IS NO REASON TO GO BACK TO THE OLD SYSTEM!
The Republicans offered up plans. Do you want links?

Old 11-14-2013, 07:48 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,798,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxr89 View Post
So please, to everyone who says repeal the ACA and lets not replace it with anything, I just cant help but shake my head.
You might change your mind if, God forbid, you find yourself among those people who have lost their health insurance because of ACA.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:59 PM

11,574 posts, read 13,899,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Memo to the disinformation crowd...The health insurance system pre-The ACA was broken and ALL Americans deserve acccess to affordable healthcare. Come up with something better ignorant ones. I'll bet many of you bashing the opportunity to acquire affordable healthcare are already on Medicare or Medicaid or have no insurance at all...just costing the taxpayer $ when you slither into the emergency room. You're not fooling anyone.
Does the ACA cover meltdowns?

Old 11-14-2013, 08:00 PM

600 posts, read 657,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
OK, I'm not sure you were talking to me, but let me clue you in about what I believe.

I think the mixed government/private system that has grown up in the US over the last five decades is a Frankenstein monstrosity. In terms of outlays, we are already 50% single payer via Medicare. And Medicare is a giant piñata; providers know exactly where to hit it to get the candy. Consequently we are paying 150 or 200% of what it ought to take to cover everybody.

Here are my principles:

1. Tying health coverage to employment is making us poorer, with fewer jobs. Giving large subsidies based on low income provides incentives to report low income, which also makes us poorer. Stop the nonsense, just GIVE EVERYONE a base level of care--no charge, single payer. Anybody that wants better than government care can pay cash or buy supplemental insurance.

2. Health care for a child should not depend on who its parents are. We ought to educate every child so they can grow up and pay a lot of social security taxes; we ought to provide health care to every child for the same reason.

3. Use the same kind of rationing and access controls that are used in other universal care systems, like the UK's National Health, to keep costs under control.

4. Collect most or all of the cost from a combination of payroll tax and progressive income taxes. Payroll tax to let everybody contribute something. Income tax to let the more successful pay more.

5. Admit that Obamacare is an unholy, unworkable mess that can probably never be implemented as written--and is likely to result in even more uninsured rather than less! Start in on a total rebuild ASAP.

The fact that Obamacare sucks has nothing to do with my concern for the currently uninsured. But Obamacare sucks.

my post was not necessarily directed at you, but 'conservatives' in general as ascertained by their nihilistic, hypocritical, and maliciously trivial way they have treated this ongoing discussion surrounding the ACA (and being aided by a derelict, disastrous media - including the mainstream media not just Fox).

I actually agree with many of your points but not your ultimate conclusions. the reason why the overly complicated approach (basically digging a very deep moat around a house of cards) of the ACA, which again is essentially a Republican idea from the 90's, is being utilized is because of the screams and horrific misinformation campaign of 'you all' (although from your post is seems you are breaking camp big time on this issue).

if a simpler and more effective universal methodology, which every other industrialized and civil nation has, was even close to being truly implemented; the reaction of the 'right' would have been even more radical and dark and i can't really fathom that seeing as how close the Tea Party has taken the country to the edge already!

However, i do believe the ACA is certainly light years better than the previous status quo and will ultimately reveal its efficacy over time. the main problem is that insurance companies are a so called market solution and brings about all the chaos of such but with not nearly as much innovation and efficiency. they really don't provide a product (healthcare) but control those who do (physicians)...

Old 11-14-2013, 08:06 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,776,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
You might change your mind if, God forbid, you find yourself among those people who have lost their health insurance because of ACA.
Exactly, I do not understand why liberals always believe a bad idea is better than no idea.

Liberal logic:
Something must be done,
This is something,
Therefor it must be done

Old 11-14-2013, 08:06 PM

37,055 posts, read 42,009,908 times
I don't want people to loose their insurance for any reason, where is that option?

Old 11-14-2013, 08:12 PM

14,888 posts, read 9,977,720 times
The overwhelming majority of people who have received cancellation notices from their insurance providers due Obamacare were happy with their policies and just wanted to be left alone. Democrats rammed Obamacare down the throats of the American people and for every 1 person who has signed up for Obamacare 10 have gotten letters saying they were getting dropped.

Democrats own this, Democrats created this and Democrats will pay for this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies