Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2013, 04:37 AM

3,599 posts, read 6,783,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Co pays are very common and have been around for years.
Yes. I understand co pays have been around for years.

What I am saying is why aren't there straight up real HSA high deductible plans available on the exchange.

For example. $200/month. $3000 in network. You pay for everything up to $3000 and have zero (0) costs in network after $3000.

Instead what we have are 10-15 options all involving co pays. Misleading $2000/4000 deductibles but than co insurance up to $6450/12700.

It's like they make the plans look cheaper on paper and its deception on their part cause the real max out of pocket are not bolder or highlighted.

Old 11-16-2013, 05:07 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
U mad?

On a serious note, if a fix costs money, so be it. Unless there is a better fix than that.
At it's absolute best, it's not a fix but a very expensive deferment.

Old 11-16-2013, 05:09 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I'm pretty sure the title says it all. Conservatives need to back their strongest players and stand behind her and him, 1000 percent. Palin/Cruz 2016.

Palin would be able to fix all of Barack's mistakes.

What we need is people in our government who are looking out for all of us. I want to hunt wolves from a helicopter. I want to be Canadian and stop the US government from functioning. I can't do this, because I have a real job, but I want people who represent all Americans, that can.

When I think of true patriots. That's what I want. A mama bear and the Canadian guy.
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1405489/th...N-facebook.jpg
Yes!

Palin/Cruz or even better, Cruz/Palin.

GOP, are you listening?

Old 11-16-2013, 05:52 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Not interested in all the resulting flying pigs, frozen demons, and dead bodies littering the ground were that to happen. Come to think of it, the noise from all the rolling bodies in graves would be a bit annoying too. Seriously, have you lost your grasp on sanity? Sarah Palin is part of the reason we have the current occupant of the White House, and I doubt it is a small part either.

Old 11-16-2013, 05:58 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,543,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
The insurance plans that are being cancelled effectively have already been cancelled. But more and more people will continue to purchase insurance through Obamacare. The 10-1 ratio you're screaming about will equal out, and then you'll have no talking point at all.

Jesus, you guys are SO incredibly myopic in your worldview.

Here is what I don't understand, and what I'd really like somebody here to explain. In your worldview, it's the worst thing ever that some people's awful insurance plans are being cancelled, but it's fine that millions upon millions more go without insurance in the system that you're defending.

Myopic. Look it up.

This will pass, and in two years, everything will be humming along.
Jesus, you're so incredibly myopic.

Try to keep up.

Your messiah has changed the rules again. He's allowing the insurers to reinstate the plans. That means the 'healthy' won't be buying on the exchange this year. It also means he'll have to shovel billions more into the insurers to cover you parasites who are getting subsidies so that next year, premiums don't double.

Next year will be worse as everyone with employer-based insurance will have this crappy coverage foisted on them at higher prices.

If your worldview doesn't include reality, maybe go to a shrink and find out why you're so invested in being a leech.

Old 11-16-2013, 06:10 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
The insurance plans that are being cancelled effectively have already been cancelled. But more and more people will continue to purchase insurance through Obamacare. The 10-1 ratio you're screaming about will equal out, and then you'll have no talking point at all.

Jesus, you guys are SO incredibly myopic in your worldview.

Here is what I don't understand, and what I'd really like somebody here to explain. In your worldview, it's the worst thing ever that some people's awful insurance plans are being cancelled, but it's fine that millions upon millions more go without insurance in the system that you're defending.

Myopic. Look it up.

This will pass, and in two years, everything will be humming along.
I guess neither one of us can truly see the future, but it could happen differently than you see it.

Here is how I see it: More and more people will get sticker shock, and that will come in two waves: first, from the actual premiums on ACA-compliant policies, and then later, when the bills for actual medical care start to come in over the months ahead--the thousands in deductibles and copays as high as 40-50%. Not to mention the tens of millions projected to lose coverage (projected by this administration) when the employer mandate kicks in.

As for the explanation you want, you mis-state our world view. Scores of posters here have lost wonderful comprehensive medical insurance, and we are wondering why the 85% with insurance they liked are getting toasted when only a tiny fraction of the tens of millions of uninsured are actually getting any insurance? Obamacare really does not come close to solving the problem of the uninsured. And when the working class starts getting the bills for actual care, deductibles and coinsurance, it will figure out that it still cannot afford any actual medical care despite having these shiny new ObamaPolicies, whether subsidized or not.

If you are concerned about the uninsured as your statement implies, why aren't you screaming for reform of Obamacare? Do you realize that some of us are NOT defending the old status quo, which has already been destroyed anyway? The old way sucked, Obamacare sucks, so let's get to work on a rational system. How about that? Can you let go of your passion for Obamacare to start in on what we really need?

Old 11-16-2013, 06:50 AM

4,651 posts, read 4,592,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I'm pretty sure the title says it all. Conservatives need to back their strongest players and stand behind her and him, 1000 percent. Palin/Cruz 2016.

Palin would be able to fix all of Barack's mistakes.

What we need is people in our government who are looking out for all of us. I want to hunt wolves from a helicopter. I want to be Canadian and stop the US government from functioning. I can't do this, because I have a real job, but I want people who represent all Americans, that can.

When I think of true patriots. That's what I want. A mama bear and the Canadian guy.
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1405489/th...N-facebook.jpg

Top 10 Dumbest Sarah Palin Quotes.
Idiotic Quotes by Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin

Dumb Sarah Palin Quotes - Top 10 Stupid Palin Quotes

Old 11-16-2013, 07:04 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copsgirl73 View Post
Dude, you are like 3 weeks behind. Time to play catch up.

Hack attempts to the website are not the reason the website doesn't work.

Not everyone qualifies for a subsidy

Prices on plans are expensive and are more expensive than a lot of folks have been paying. So for them, the price went up. This is the basic function of ACA. The young, the healthy will pay into it (ie: buy coverage) at a higher price to accommodate the sick, the poor and elderly now entering the pool.

If they really think people are going to pay $5000 to $20000 per year for health insurance they are stupider than I give them credit for. That's indentured servitude right there. If I was unemployed I'd simply buy a bunch of palladium and bury it in the back yard and hide all my assets and go into the ER and file bankruptcy on the debt if I had a medical problem. They really need to stop sticking it to the middle class and the honest, hard working types and just come out with universal health care already, and start regulating the cost of prescription drugs and the like.

So with the gold plan you have to pay 20%, and the out of pocket cap is something like $6000... so if you break your leg or something you're probably going to have a bill of something like $50k with today's sky high medical costs so expect to be paying the full $6000 along with your premium... so yeah let's spend a third of our income every year on health care....

God forbid you start to have the typical problems of aging and require something like an angiogram for your heart or have a bicupsid aortic valve with moderate regurgitation which will need replacing at some point (what I have) ... I do have very good health insurance through work.. one of the lucky ones. I just don't like that the system is so expensive and broken and I really think that health care should be a right, not a privilege, for a legal citizen like in most first world developed countries. The US already spends as much on health care as a country with universal health care but we don't have it. It's crazy.

Last edited by sholomar; 11-16-2013 at 07:16 AM..

Old 11-16-2013, 07:10 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
If Palin was President, Obamacare wouldn't exist.
The US probably wouldn't exist if she were the president.

Old 11-16-2013, 07:17 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,543,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
God forbid you start to have the typical problems of aging and require something like an angiogram for your heart or have a bicupsid aortic valve with moderate regurgitation which will need replacing at some point (what I have) ... I do have very good health insurance through work.. one of the lucky ones. I just don't like that the system is so expensive and broken.
Unless you are in one of the exempted labor unions or work for Congress, you won't have that coverage at work starting in January 2015.

Start digging.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies