U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2013, 10:38 PM

12,249 posts, read 18,005,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
That's inbred which no one is condoning. It has nothing to do with gay marriage.
Please, to some people being gay is the same as being a pedophile or having sex with animals. As long as both parties say yes. I know, a ridiculous argument.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

Old 11-14-2013, 10:43 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,210,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It had everything to do with gay behavior.. Sodom stands for sodomy... sex between men.
Google is free & easy to use!

Sodomy /ˈsɒdəmi/ is generally anal sex, oral sex or sexual activity between a person and a non-human animal (bestiality), but may also include any non-procreative sexual activity.Originally, the term sodomy was usually restricted to anal sex,and is derived from the story of Sodom and Gomorrah in chapters 18 and 19 of the Book of Genesis in the Bible.Sodomy laws in many countries criminalized not only these behaviors, but other disfavored sexual activities as well.In the Western world, however, many of these laws have been overturned or are not routinely enforced.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:51 PM

15,087 posts, read 12,018,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Google is free & easy to use!

Sodomy /ˈsɒdəmi/ is generally anal sex, oral sex or sexual activity between a person and a non-human animal (bestiality), but may also include any non-procreative sexual activity.Originally, the term sodomy was usually restricted to anal sex,and is derived from the story of Sodom and Gomorrah in chapters 18 and 19 of the Book of Genesis in the Bible.Sodomy laws in many countries criminalized not only these behaviors, but other disfavored sexual activities as well.In the Western world, however, many of these laws have been overturned or are not routinely enforced.
Ken Cuccinelli wants to keep kids safe from sexual predators by banning oral and anal sex—between consenting adults. On a website his campaign just launched, Cuccinelli, the Republican candidate for governor in Virginia, paints himself as the only real protector of children, because of his efforts as Virginia attorney general to reinstate a law banning all naked fun-time acts besides vaginal intercourse.

Ken Cuccinelli, the Republican candidate for governor in Virginia, wants to ban oral sex.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:55 PM

29,038 posts, read 45,039,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Well, isn't that special? When people bring up the prohibition of trimming breads, eating shellfish or wearing mixed fabrics, the bangers trot out "Oh, but that was the Old Testament. It doesn't count!"
However, when gay marriage rears its head, the first thing these same people say is "God said it's an abomination! It's in the Old Testament!"
Just how many sides does your mouth have?
I know, right? I've brought up that SAME hypocrisy numerous times, but as per usual, they just ignore the point or change the subject. Why I bother is beyond me.

P.S. Wanna take bets on whether or not Taratova will return to the thread, now that we've exposed his ignorance?

Old 11-14-2013, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I know, right? I've brought up that SAME hypocrisy numerous times, but as per usual, they just ignore the point or change the subject. Why I bother is beyond me.

P.S. Wanna take bets on whether or not Taratova will return to the thread, now that we've exposed his ignorance?
I think we've all brought up that argument numerous times. That's when they scurry away like cockroaches when you turn the kitchen light on.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:47 PM

Quote:
I think we've all brought up that argument numerous times. That's when they scurry away like cockroaches when you turn the kitchen light on.
Yep. By the end of these types of threads, we (the pro-SSM crowd) are usually just talking to ourselves.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Yep. By the end of these types of threads, we (the pro-SSM crowd) are usually just talking to ourselves.
Yep.
So....seen any good movies lately?

Old 11-14-2013, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Yep.
So....seen any good movies lately?
Saw a very interesting documentary on the Israel Philharmonic, called Orchestra of Exiles. I've seen better-made films, but the content was fascinating!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1906443/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Read any good books lately? I just finished Stephen King's latest, Dr. Sleep.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:58 PM

29,124 posts, read 22,042,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
It doesn't.
Then why is there a push for gay marriage sanctioned by the government?

Old 11-15-2013, 12:01 AM

29,124 posts, read 22,042,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
First, the government does have a say in who gets to partake in certain rights when there's a compelling interest in restricting the practice of those rights..
If marriage is a right, then what compelling interest does the government have to prevent Harrier from marrying his cat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or