Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 04:59 PM

30,195 posts, read 23,608,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Of all the leftists in the world, there is nothing more stupid than an environmental leftist.
Oh Lord do NOT get me started on what those idiots did to the Everglades when they insisted on building a fricken useless bridge and killed so many animals. They wiped out an annual nesting ground for some rarer birds, all in their quest to help "water flow" and wild life. Nevermind that all you need to do is hire a few people to clean out the fricken culverts that are ALREADY IN PLACE, no, let's destroy habitat, get construction started, BLOCK access from one side of the Glades to the other, (animals would go from one side of the Glades to the canal on the other side), so that animals run in to a barrier, have nowhere to go and get killed by the hundreds by cars on the road.....ALL FOR THE WILDLIFE.

Bunch of absolute morons..............man, didn't I say don't get me started? Grrrrr!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 06:27 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,426,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Again... mountaintops removed, bad. Prairies destroyed to boost ethanol production or desert landscapes ruined by windmills... *crickets*

It would be nice for greenieweenies to at least acknowledge that there are very real tradeoffs for any energy source we use instead of pretending we can get something for nothing if the "something" is the energy sources they favor.
Agreed. With that said, I'm ok with nuclear.

[really]

Old 11-15-2013, 07:02 PM

37,761 posts, read 40,870,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
So you are not okay with only one solar power plant injuring birds in solar power history, but you are okay with continuing to use oil...where the industry killed 250,000 birds in one spill in Alaska. People who love birds would be championing industry practices and alternatives that would kill less of them, and then making one that causes less damage do better at not harming wild life.
Keystone, baby.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:05 PM

15,082 posts, read 14,279,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I'm a big bird person. They are my main photography subject. I feed them, even the crows. So I don't want to hear that some misguided green energy project is slicing and dicing them or frying them or causing them to crash.
Even the crows? Crows are my favourite birds. They're the Einsteins of the bird world.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:26 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,063,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Keystone, baby.
You're kidding...right?

7 Adorable Animals Imperiled by the Keystone Pipeline | Mother Jones

Old 11-15-2013, 10:43 PM

31,927 posts, read 14,919,300 times
Quote:
Of all the leftists in the world, there is nothing more stupid than an environmental leftist.
I'm pretty sure animals inhabited the earth before man. Actually, it's a fact. There is nothing more stupid than an arrogant man feeling superior over what was here before us.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:01 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,722,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What do more people care about Animals or people who need good paying jobs, and cheap energy that will help the working and middle class?

Old 11-15-2013, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I'm pretty sure animals inhabited the earth before man. Actually, it's a fact. There is nothing more stupid than an arrogant man feeling superior over what was here before us.
Well we are superior, I mean we can create fire, turn metal into tools, created the wheel, paper, the bow, gunpowder, we harnessed electricity, and slip the atom, then we broke the sound barrier, and landed on the moon, mapped our own DNA in less then a decade, and create the internet.

What has any other animal on the planet done that rivals that?

Old 11-15-2013, 11:09 PM

Quote:

Please lead by example.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:10 PM

31,927 posts, read 14,919,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Well we are superior, I mean we can create fire, turn metal into tools, created the wheel, paper, the bow, gunpowder, we harnessed electricity, and slip the atom, then we broke the sound barrier, and landed on the moon, mapped our own DNA in less then a decade, and create the internet.

What has any other animal on the planet done that rivals that?
They lived before us and survived before man started killing them. I could care less about who invented the internet You may feel superior but you have no right to kill defenseless animals who have been on this earth longer than us
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies