Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 09:40 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
When is the last time people carried cash? I can't even remember when I have had a piece of money in my wallet, or my hand. I use my debit card, and don't have to touch filthy money.
I use both. My apartment complex has a refill machine to refill the laundry card and it only takes cash. If I purchase something for less than $20 I usually pay cash. I keep cash on hand to tip delivery people. I always have cash on hand and I am always conscious of having to wash after touching cash...yes, I do clean the inside of my wallet. Anything you touch outside is questionable. A door knob, a counter, an item in the store, groceries. After I shop, I never place anything in the pantry or fridge without wiping it first. It's a dirty world out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 09:42 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Herpes Virus Found on Library Copies of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'

Two Belgian university professors recently decided to submit the 10 most borrowed books at the Antwerp library to bacteriology and toxicology tests.

Traces of cocaine were found on all 10 books. The traces were small enough that readers would not feel the effects, but significant enough that they could test positive for cocaine.

But the real case of life imitating art was revealed when the scientists discovered traces of the herpes virus in the pages of the erotic tale Fifty Shades of Grey.

In order to prevent a public panic, professors assured readers that the concentrations of the herpes virus were minimal and that the virus could not be contracted simply by touching the book.

They also suggested that books are for reading.

That's because only poor people still use the library.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:06 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I use both. My apartment complex has a refill machine to refill the laundry card and it only takes cash. If I purchase something for less than $20 I usually pay cash. I keep cash on hand to tip delivery people. I always have cash on hand and I am always conscious of having to wash after touching cash...yes, I do clean the inside of my wallet. Anything you touch outside is questionable. A door knob, a counter, an item in the store, groceries. After I shop, I never place anything in the pantry or fridge without wiping it first. It's a dirty world out there.
I agree with that! I don't touch door knobs. I've seen way too many people cough up half a lung in to their hand, and then go right on and touch a door knob to make their way to the bathroom in the hallway. I do my best not to touch just about anything, and I never, ever, ever put my wallet or anything else on the counter, like I see so many do. I don't even wear shoes inside the house, never sit on my couch or bed with my regular clothes on, none of that. And yes, wiping things down...yep. People mock that, call me OCD, (no, I am not), and say that when I get sick, I'll get really sick.

Funny thing is, I can't remember the last time I was sick because of a cold or flu or some nasty old germs. I've been tired before for making myself work really hard, but not because I touched something. Working at home sure cuts down on a lot, as well. I'm going to keep the link from the OP and share that whenever someone wants to start laughing about me trying to keep things clean. Go ahead and laugh, pigs. I'm not the one who will test positive for cocaine, or touch someone's trace of herpes, or their bile. (You heard about the study they did in offices where traces of human feces were found on desks, phones, chairs, etc, right?)

Old 11-15-2013, 10:27 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I agree with that! I don't touch door knobs. I've seen way too many people cough up half a lung in to their hand, and then go right on and touch a door knob to make their way to the bathroom in the hallway. I do my best not to touch just about anything, and I never, ever, ever put my wallet or anything else on the counter, like I see so many do. I don't even wear shoes inside the house, never sit on my couch or bed with my regular clothes on, none of that. And yes, wiping things down...yep. People mock that, call me OCD, (no, I am not), and say that when I get sick, I'll get really sick.

Funny thing is, I can't remember the last time I was sick because of a cold or flu or some nasty old germs. I've been tired before for making myself work really hard, but not because I touched something. Working at home sure cuts down on a lot, as well. I'm going to keep the link from the OP and share that whenever someone wants to start laughing about me trying to keep things clean. Go ahead and laugh, pigs. I'm not the one who will test positive for cocaine, or touch someone's trace of herpes, or their bile. (You heard about the study they did in offices where traces of human feces were found on desks, phones, chairs, etc, right?)
Well this proves it..even people that never agree on anything, always find one thing to agree on. I never wear outside shoes in the house and always change my clothes before sitting down on any furniture. Never would I touch a thing in my house when I get home before washing my hands. Those TV exposes that go into 5 star hotel rooms with an ultra violet light that reveals every bodily fluid on the remote control and telephone and practically everywhere else says it all. When I travel, I am always equipped with alcohol and peroxide. I don't care what anyone thinks or calls it, I'm not lounging around in yuk.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:32 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
I took my cat to the vet yesterday because he was sneezing and shaking his head a lot. Evidently, he has herpes. I wonder what books he's been taking out of the library? No wonder I can't find my library card.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:33 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Herpes Virus Found on Library Copies of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'

Two Belgian university professors recently decided to submit the 10 most borrowed books at the Antwerp library to bacteriology and toxicology tests.

Traces of cocaine were found on all 10 books. The traces were small enough that readers would not feel the effects, but significant enough that they could test positive for cocaine.

But the real case of life imitating art was revealed when the scientists discovered traces of the herpes virus in the pages of the erotic tale Fifty Shades of Grey.

In order to prevent a public panic, professors assured readers that the concentrations of the herpes virus were minimal and that the virus could not be contracted simply by touching the book.

They also suggested that books are for reading.

Funny story, but seriously, labs can find "traces" of all kinds of substances on virtually every surface people come in contact with.

My favorite was when a local LA news station "investigated" the cleanliness of hotels, by examining their bed sheets under a "blue light". Now THAT was hysterical!

Old 11-15-2013, 10:35 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
How can anyone live being scared of germs? I don't get it.

Old 11-16-2013, 07:16 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Money is right up there with books for harboring all sort of nasty things. How often do you clan the inside of your wallet?
My government keeps mine pretty well picked clean.....

Old 11-16-2013, 09:08 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
My nearest library is in a heavily Republican area. I'm not going anywhere near the books on Ronald Reagan.

Old 11-16-2013, 03:47 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
My nearest library is in a heavily Republican area. I'm not going anywhere near the books on Ronald Reagan.

LOL, those are probably the cleanest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies