Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2013, 10:48 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Best hate post of the day. And if you can't figure it out, I'm referring to your blatant hatred towards white people.
I don't hate white people; some of my best friends are white.

Old 11-16-2013, 10:51 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Interesting timing on Oprah's part. This is the usual disagree-with-Obama-and-you-are-a-racist bs always trotted out by the left. IMO this is a trial balloon floated by Obama and Co. through Oprah, but I suspect it won't even be a blip on the radar. Obama has been caught out as reckless and dishonest and America is not in a forgiving mood, especially when someone like Oprah is essentially accusing anyone of being unhappy about losing their healthcare as being racist.
Obama is about Obama …… Oprah is not even on his guest list anymore & hasn't been since he as elected in 2008.
Oprah is about Oprah ….. she has been reduced to using the "Race Card" to promote herself and try to save her OWN Network. It's a side benefit that she uses the Race Card as a distraction against Obama's falling popularity numbers and the Debacle of ObamaCare - but this particular round of "Racism whining" is about her movie. Oprah may have always been a Black Racist, but at least she was smart enough to hide that and it allowed her to become a very rich woman.

From a BBC interview to promote the UK debut of The Butler
Oprah Winfrey: President Barack Obama is disrespected because he
Quote:
Oprah Winfrey: President Barack Obama is disrespected because he’s black[/b]The media mogul spoke to the BBC about the racism of the past that still exists today and how no one is above it. ‘There’s a level of disrespect for the office that occurs ... because he’s African American,’ she said of Obama.
Oprah says in this interview that blacks still experience the "terrorism" of the past and that those "terrorists" will juste have to die before things are better. I guess this sort of rhetoric gets her a lot of Press, which translates to dollars in her pocket when she is promoting her films and TV network.

Old 11-16-2013, 10:57 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Don't know how old you are, but I'm guessing you're over 40. So you're saying you were completely resistant to the cultural conditioning in our society.....for example, movies dominated by white actors, magazines dominated by white models, etc., other advertising dominated by white actors to sell products, etc., etc? How about the fact that most political and socially powerful people you would see in the media were white? ALWAYS a white President until NOW.

I once had lunch with a Criminal Court Judge's secretary. She had just had a baby who was a toddler at that time. She told me that she and her husband were teaching him that he was "different" from black people because they thought it was important for him to learn that. Yeah, it's an anecdote. Believe it or don't. That woman was born and raised in a Florida town, and she wasn't stupid. She has just been taught to be a racist. Although, things have changed, I have no doubt there are still many, many whites teaching their toddlers that they are "different" from black people.
This country has moved forward since white dominated every aspect of society. Believe it or not, when growing up I wasn't focused on race nor was I taught the idea that I was superior and blacks were inferior. Your guessing is no different than assuming.

As for the second part, there are probably just as many black children being taught how bad white people are and use history to make their point. How dies it help to teach children how superior or inferior they are? That kind of teaching is hate. Too bad there are people from both races that don't understand that.

Old 11-16-2013, 10:58 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I don't hate white people; some of my best friends are white.
You must just spew your hatred online then as I doubt anyone wants to be around someone who despises people of another race.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:01 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post

Oprah says in this interview that blacks still experience the "terrorism" of the past and that those "terrorists" will juste have to die before things are better. I guess this sort of rhetoric gets her a lot of Press, which translates to dollars in her pocket when she is promoting her films and TV network.
I am white and I agree with her. The generation who was around, and I guess some even younger people, when the 1965 Civil Rights Act was passed, will have to die off before there is a deep and intrinsic change in this country. It's good that now in our culture we see faces of minorities in so many places, like news commentators, the President, TV shows, movies, magazines, actors used in advertisements.......but cultural conditioning takes a long time to overcome the previous attitudes. And some people are just going to have to die off so their attitudes will have less impact (break the cycle so to speak) because they were TAUGHT from the time they were toddlers that because they were/are white they are "better than" minorities. That is true for the poor white population as well as the wealthy.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
This country has moved forward since white dominated every aspect of society. Believe it or not, when growing up I wasn't focused on race nor was I taught the idea that I was superior and blacks were inferior. Your guessing is no different than assuming.

As for the second part, there are probably just as many black children being taught how bad white people are and use history to make their point. How dies it help to teach children how superior or inferior they are? That kind of teaching is hate. Too bad there are people from both races that don't understand that.
I notice that you never feel the need to lecture the white posters who post nasty, racist anti-black comments daily on this forum. Somehow those are acceptable and agreeable, right?

Old 11-16-2013, 11:02 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
It's true that "white women" watched her in the Millions and helped to make her an Icon, but that is not the audience she is going for now. She would like to have that audience back, but the ship has sailed.

HOW OPRAH TURNED OWN AROUND

When you are attempting to attract a Black audience - then the Race Card is a great ploy, because it's been proven as a winner with the Black audience. Oprah Winfrey will NEVER again have those TV audiences that were in the Millions on a daily basis and she probably understands that.
Support of White woman was needed for her to make millions, because blacks never lend support to anything black, Like this.... New Pittsburgh Courier - The August Wilson Center in crisis Maybe she could find a few extra dollars for them.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I think many black people do and have admitted that they don't "like" white people. However, IMO, they are perfectly justified in those feelings. Exactly WHEN was it that the black population had the power to lynch white people and not get prosecuted? Exactly what period of time in our American history was it that the black population was the most powerful people who could inflict brutal racists actions and attitudes on white people.

Key word her is POWER. White people have always had the power and oppressed black people for years and years and years. So when I see a black person who has negative feelings toward me because I'm white, I feel like I"m educated enough and intelligent enough to know that it's unrealistic to think that all black people will "love" white people as if there were never any discrimination by that population. CONTEXT. It's all about CONTEXT.
Why do you have to go back to history to justify what is happening today? If you are as intelligent as you claim to be, you wouldn't need history to make a point or justify what is happening in 2013. If people want to move forward they should LEARN from history and stop using it as an excuse to hate and stagnate.

There is a difference between saying one doesn't "like" and one "hates".

And it's just as unrealistic to think that all black people will "love" white people.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
You must just spew your hatred online then as I doubt anyone wants to be around someone who despises people of another race.
My white friends know exactly how I feel and they are not in denial about the atrocities that white people have committed in the past and the racism that continues to this day. We discuss these type of issues all of time.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This is very true. The people who object to my comments about the sense of entitlement that many white people have are the exact same ones who 'co-sign' and rep any and every single anti-black rant that spews forth daily...no, hourly on this forum. These people literally burst into flames when a mirror is held up for them to look at their own hypocrisy.

I am thrilled that Oprah has stopped catering to her previous fan base of "Paula Deen" types.
You actually have access to know who reps who for which post?

You would certainly get my respect if you could screw up the courage and be honest enough to state that you hate white people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies