Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2013, 11:19 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I notice that you never feel the need to lecture the white posters who post nasty, racist anti-black comments daily on this forum. Somehow those are acceptable and agreeable, right?
Point me in the direction of those nasty white posters and I'll give them a tongue lashing.

I usually avoid black racist/white racist threads. Because it's the same people on both sides spewing the same hated or the same damn rants. You have seen enough posts from me to know my position.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:20 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
I have white friends so I'm clearly not racist.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:21 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,683,214 times
Obama is a dofus. A bonafide liar. They got what they paid for.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:33 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Don't know how old you are, but I'm guessing you're over 40. So you're saying you were completely resistant to the cultural conditioning in our society.....for example, movies dominated by white actors, magazines dominated by white models, etc., other advertising dominated by white actors to sell products, etc., etc? How about the fact that most political and socially powerful people you would see in the media were white? ALWAYS a white President until NOW.

I once had lunch with a Criminal Court Judge's secretary. She had just had a baby who was a toddler at that time. She told me that she and her husband were teaching him that he was "different" from black people because they thought it was important for him to learn that. Yeah, it's an anecdote. Believe it or don't. That woman was born and raised in a Florida town, and she wasn't stupid. She has just been taught to be a racist. Although, things have changed, I have no doubt there are still many, many whites teaching their toddlers that they are "different" from black people.
In case you haven't noticed, we are different, that does not imply anyone is better. People are programed to notice differences, from the days we were cave men, it is genetic. The reason for this is so we know the difference between friend, foe or some type of predator animal. Maybe this has something to do with why we even have racism.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:41 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I don't disrespect the president because he is black. I disrespect him because he is a pompous arrogant ass among other things.
I agree and that is the way I think. I don't like how the president's policies have turned out and how he has flip-flopped on some (even though I couldn't trust him in office as a candidate.) It's not that he is black, I would dislike any president of any race who did that.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:49 AM

334 posts, read 716,179 times
Oprah think people disrespects the president because he is black?

Yes, she purports to believe that. Sooner or later the race card always gets played. The reality is that people disrespect Obama because he is a lying sack of crap.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
My white friends know exactly how I feel and they are not in denial about the atrocities that white people have committed in the past and the racism that continues to this day. We discuss these type of issues all of time.
It may come as a surprise to you but there are very few white people who don't know about black history and are fully aware of the racism that exists today. Unfortunately black people use that history TO THIS DAY to justify their hatred.

Here's what I want to know. What is it that black people want? It seems to me that black people want to honor their ancestors for what they suffered at the hands of white people, something you didn't live through, while at the same time want white people to be apologists for what their ancestors did and those living had nothing to do with what took place in history.

My great grandfather was NA Indian. My grandfather was half NA Indian. My grandmother's side of the family Irish. Who should I hate for what was done to NA Indians and the Irish??

Old 11-16-2013, 11:56 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times
Here in the wondrously blue state of NY I had multiple friends patting themselves and each other on the back for voting for the first black president. They felt it was an enlightened "healing" step for this country and criticized me vigorously whenever I pointed out he had no executive experience whatsoever.

Many of these same people are deeply upset about Guantanamo still being open, our troops still in Afghanistan and now the total clusterfrack of Obamacare, and it burns them to no end to be criticized by the likes of Oprah for being thought of as racist because they are currently unhappy with Obama. Here in NY it doesn't matter, come 2014 they will faithfully vote for anyone with a D after their name on the ballot, but, damn, it's fun to watch their discomfort.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
You do realize that racial discrimination is still happening today, right? You do realize that I am treated differently than my white friends due to my skin color, right?
As long as there are people like you and white racists perpetuating racism there will always be racial discrimination from both sides.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:59 AM

742 posts, read 678,284 times
What a cop out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies