Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 07:52 PM

36,859 posts, read 18,863,013 times

Advertisements

According to a Harvard study, anyway.

Sorry, conservatives.

Aging Liberals Have the Best Sex Life According to Harvard Study | The Daily Banter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 08:07 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,224,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post

Sorry, conservatives.

Aging Liberals Have the Best Sex Life According to Harvard Study | The Daily Banter
You know, I am often labeled a "liberal" and I have no problem with such a label. That said, any article that states "Unlike conservatives, liberals show a modicum of respect..." is nothing but stupid nonsense.

The study may be fine - I did not bother to read if after such a ridiculous introduction - but this article is pathetic.

Old 11-15-2013, 08:55 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,046,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
You know, I am often labeled a "liberal" and I have no problem with such a label. That said, any article that states "Unlike conservatives, liberals show a modicum of respect..." is nothing but stupid nonsense.

The study may be fine - I did not bother to read if after such a ridiculous introduction - but this article is pathetic.
Why did that sentence bother you? I think you might have misinterpreted what the author was actually saying.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Why did that sentence bother you? I think you might have misinterpreted what the author was actually saying.
It was simply the first sentence in a list of ridiculous statements aimed at pitting two political camps at polar opposites.

Liberals have a modicum of respect, unlike conservatives who have, apparently none.
Liberals have a strong grasp of how basic biology functions, unlike conservatives.
Conservatives believe in repressing sexual desires and practicing abstinence.

None of these are inclusionary or even level-headed statements. They are nothing other than an attempt at trolling for controversy. Thus, I don't think this "article" deserves any respect or consideration.

I don't know what type of conservatives you know, but I rarely meet any such extremists in real life - you know, people who are completely disrespectful of women, people who have no grasp of biological functions, and people who believe that abstinence and repressing sexual desires are the way to go.

Now, on C-D and in politics - that's an entirely different question. Here (and there) you can encounter quite a few conservative nut jobs who are completely misogynistic with or without knowing that they are. You can encounter morons who have no clue how biology works (the female body shuts down and prevents pregnancy after the woman has been raped - anyone? Bueller? No - conservatives). You can certainly encounter people who'll argue all day long how we should all swear off sexual desire and praise the lord instead. What poster comes to mind - something like "Tarantula."

Alas, in real life? Not so much.

With that, I am off to more sexual exploits.

Last edited by Fuselage; 11-15-2013 at 09:16 PM..

Old 11-15-2013, 09:11 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,483,674 times
Ignorance is a bliss. :-)

Old 11-15-2013, 09:31 PM

14,888 posts, read 9,983,052 times
Liberals have more sex? Well they're certainly F'ing the entire country right now, maybe that's what the study was picking up on.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoreyouknow View Post
liberals have more sex? Well they're certainly f'ing the entire country right now, maybe that's what the study was picking up on.
lol!

Old 11-15-2013, 09:40 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,884,528 times
Liberals define their "fun" by how much sex they have.

Guess Liberals do have Michael Douglas leading the way and showing just how much fun a Liberal can have!

Old 11-15-2013, 10:28 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,937,040 times
No liberals define their fun on how much money they can steal from the poor slobs who work for a living. That is their game. Utopia. Hey it's a great thing until nobody works which is what Obama is doing. What a grand plan. Hey and hi speed rail...............dammit we gotta copy the euro's even though our country is a little bit bigger........lol.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:31 PM

275 posts, read 192,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post

Sorry, conservatives.

And this folks is why the rest of America has to become their parents and pay their way after mommy stops paying their way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies