Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 08:56 AM

11,574 posts, read 13,894,559 times

Advertisements

It's hit or miss for me. Same goes for the tax office, post office or any Gov/State office for that matter. It really boils down to what time of the day you go and just how many dumb people are in line next to you. It seems like 9 out of 10 people are borderline retarded and act as if they've never mailed a package before, renewed a license or paid their taxes. They get to the teller and are clueless about what they need to do. It annoys the living hell out of me!

I'm not a union fan and I can definitely say that some of the workers at these places operate at a snails pace but more times than not, the reason trips to such places are such a pain in the ass is due to the ignorant masses waiting in line with you.

Old 11-16-2013, 09:08 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,155,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
It's hit or miss for me. Same goes for the tax office, post office or any Gov/State office for that matter. It really boils down to what time of the day you go and just how many dumb people are in line next to you. It seems like 9 out of 10 people are borderline retarded and act as if they've never mailed a package before, renewed a license or paid their taxes. They get to the teller and are clueless about what they need to do. It annoys the living hell out of me!

I'm not a union fan and I can definitely say that some of the workers at these places operate at a snails pace but more times than not, the reason trips to such places are such a pain in the ass is due to the ignorant masses waiting in line with you.
The post office after thanksgiving time.

They show up with a wrapped gift..no box, no address label, nothing but a wrapped box and expect the PO person do do the wrapping for them and then get ticked when they are sent off to the store section to buy a box and do their own packing/labeling

Or come in with a shoebox full of Christmas cards and none of them have stamps and they want to put the stamp on each one right there and the PO person sends them off to the side

I'd say the PO people have their act together and don't put up with the idiots.

Old 11-16-2013, 09:22 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,564,421 times
Default Is the DMV/MVA purposely shortstaffed?????

Yes.

Due to all the incessant bellyaching from ankle biters about "all the overpaid government employees!"

They're probably the same ones whining the loudest about the long lines and slow service.

Old 11-16-2013, 09:38 AM

45,003 posts, read 26,159,906 times
Yes adding more mouth breathing dolts with the same gubberment mindset would surely cure the problem lol

Old 11-16-2013, 09:50 AM

7,791 posts, read 6,345,355 times
Government scrapes the bottom of the barrel to hire these people and they have little incentive to do their jobs correctly.

Old 11-16-2013, 03:16 PM

10,116 posts, read 15,789,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Yes.

Due to all the incessant bellyaching from ankle biters about "all the overpaid government employees!"

They're probably the same ones whining the loudest about the long lines and slow service.
That was my point!! I think they purposely keep the service slow and the lines long so they can say "see, we are needed, we can't afford to cut staff cause the lines will get even longer". So I might be cynical but I think maybe the slowness if done on purpose so they can keep their jobs, they are afraid if the lines move faster the taxpayers may decide there will be less of a need for so many people working.

But they don't realize the more they anger and frustrate the public the more we will remember it on election day and vote against their unions and benefits. I wonder why no state that I know of has laws saying that each MVA employee must serve a certain number of customers an hour on average in order to qualify for a pay raise. And if I'm every in a position of hiring someone, and I see an application that has the DMV listed on there, that application goes directly into the trash, if not the toilet.

Old 12-12-2013, 02:31 PM

I just wish those people understand that I pay their salary through my already high taxes, that they are there to serve me. But if I remind them of that of course they will find ways to retaliate against me.

Old 12-12-2013, 02:34 PM

Honestly I swear that every DMV or tax assesors or IRS employee is on a power trip MUCH more than people accuse the police of. I have never been disrespected or treated rudely by a police officer before. Even when I've been pulled over the police treat me with more respect than basically any DMV or MVA employee I've dealt with in any state.

I think it is the liberal, Democrat union mentality. They feel they are above us and are entitled to the nonstop pay raises and ridiculously generous pensions and benefits all of which are paid for by working Americans.

Government workers are the worst of all workers. State workers are the worst kind of government workers. And MVA workers are the worst of state workers. So MVA workers are the absolute worst of the worst.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:26 PM

16,591 posts, read 15,522,691 times
I could get upset about the comments here since I am a state government employee, but I just consider the source and go on with life.

I went to the WV DMV office in Charleston yesterday to renew the license plates on both of our cars. Even during the lunch hour, it took only 3 minutes before my number was called. The work was processed quickly and professionally and I was out of there in just a few minutes, after a pleasant chat with the DMV employee.

BTW, the WV state employees' union has no teeth. Membership is optional and they are forbidden by law from striking.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:31 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,937,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
When I lived in Maryland, I dreaded going to the MVA, and now in West Virginia I also dread going to the DMV.
Some states have private companies that act as commissioned subcontractors and open their own stores to get your license plates, title transfers, and so on.

I suspect many of those haven't any of the issues you mentioned, since there's usually more than one without having to commute very far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies