Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 08:43 AM

4,498 posts, read 5,000,563 times

Advertisements

Because they are union lemmings !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2013, 08:48 AM

45,010 posts, read 26,159,906 times
Tradesmen are exhibiting behavior that is no different from those who blindly follow a political ideology or religion,its called group think.

Old 11-16-2013, 08:53 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,564,836 times
Default Why Do A Lot Tradesman Vote Democrat Especially When Democrats Are Pushing For Amnesty Which Will Drive Wages Down

I see...

So many have swallowed the corporate lie.

Amnesty would mean that workers who are currently illegal and paid LESS than minimum wage would then be covered by labor law, requiring employers to pay them at least the minimum.

Explain how that would drive wages down and maybe you'll have a valid point.

Old 11-16-2013, 08:57 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,162,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
I see...

So many have swallowed the corporate lie.

Amnesty would mean that workers who are currently illegal and paid LESS than minimum wage would then be covered by labor law, requiring employers to pay them at least the minimum.

Explain how that would drive wages down and maybe you'll have a valid point.
If they are being paid off the books they may continue to be paid off the books.
Unskilled illegals don't care much for labor law. They want cash to send back home.
OR the employer will start hiring the next set of illegals to come to the country.

You think there will be no more illegals once amnesty passes ?

11,086 posts, read 8,501,233 times
The same is true of the young.

They vote for their own impoverishment and unemployment when they vote D.

4,272 posts, read 3,772,753 times
Most tradesmen I work with are very smart and don't give a shyte about politics. Hell, almost half the people of this nation don't care enough to even register to vote, let alone vote.

Old 11-16-2013, 09:50 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,355,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
It bad in Canada and Im sure it's alot worse here in the states.

So I don't understand why so many that are in the construction field keep voting democrat.

Are “Illegal” Immigrants Squeezing The Home Renovation And Home Building Industry

Are “illegal” immigrants squeezing the home renovation and home building industry in the GTA area? | Canadian Contractor

In Texas, there are very few Americans left in the Trades. Those that are are full bore Conservative.

Old 11-16-2013, 10:06 AM

752 posts, read 1,160,011 times
Interesting. I’m a tradesman and I actually always considered those that sit in offices incapable morons. It is why they sit in cubicles at first places. Second no one immigrant can replace me unless he can frame and trim stairs or install crown. I didn’t see Latino who can do it so far. Yeah sheet rocker, tapers, roofers and to some degree painters, that are non Latinos disappeared. But it is good for me as owners are much easier to pay me because other trades work cheap. I remember before 10 years when tapers talk about itself like superstars. Third I vote for republicans, and anyone else who will stop immigration. After I moved in for me is immigration over.

Old 11-16-2013, 10:13 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,371,700 times
It was bloody good fun to see Hoffa - union top dogs - call out Obama and blast Obamacare though.

‘We Have A Problem’: Here’s the Anti-Obamacare Letter From Union President Jimmy Hoffa That Ted Cruz Keeps Quoting | TheBlaze.com

Old 11-16-2013, 10:16 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,441,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
That doesn't make any sense. If the conspiracy is that voting for amnesty will decrease tradesman wages, either you are wrong...or tradesmen are dumb as a sack of rocks. Why would anyone be part of a massive conspiracy to depress their own wages?
Because they believe liberal lies about how wonderful their lives will be if only they give more power to the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies