U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 02:52 PM

5,640 posts, read 17,291,506 times

Advertisements

The unions want to get those low-rung types of jobs unionized, that is why. Most American workers should be in unions according to their thinking.

(I am not pro or con union btw) This is my viewpoint. anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2013, 03:01 PM

86,093 posts, read 72,370,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener34 View Post
The unions want to get those low-rung types of jobs unionized, that is why. Most American workers should be in unions according to their thinking.

(I am not pro or con union btw) This is my viewpoint. anyway.
The union really wants those min wage FF workers but the 75% turnover rate is preventing that from happening.

Old 11-16-2013, 03:06 PM

3,463 posts, read 4,526,536 times
Home building and tradesman are very different.
Homebuilding in many places, Florida for instance, exists on illegal labor. It is the industry status quo.
The jobs the illegals do are not skilled.
A skilled trade would be a welder, pressman, electrician, etc. Those jobs are in no way threatened regardless of what the rightwing wackapalooza says.

Old 11-16-2013, 03:18 PM

86,093 posts, read 72,370,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
Homebuilding in many places, Florida for instance, exists on illegal labor. It is the industry status quo.
A skilled trade would be a welder, pressman, electrician, etc. Those jobs are in no way threatened regardless of what the rightwing wackapalooza says.
They have a visa for every type of job now.

H2-B my friend for that foreign electrician looking to work in America.

Old 11-16-2013, 03:41 PM

20,978 posts, read 16,229,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
I see...

So many have swallowed the corporate lie.

Amnesty would mean that workers who are currently illegal and paid LESS than minimum wage would then be covered by labor law, requiring employers to pay them at least the minimum.

Explain how that would drive wages down and maybe you'll have a valid point.
Not that you'll be grasp this, but here goes......

MOST businesses follow the law.

Once it becomes legal to hire formerly illegal aliens as citizens, there will be many more legal people for legally operated businesses to hire. These people will work for less.

Enjoy!

Old 11-16-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
Most tradesmen I work with are very smart and don't give a shyte about politics. Hell, almost half the people of this nation don't care enough to even register to vote, let alone vote.
However, the trademen's unions use THEIR dues to deliver votes to dummycrats.

Unless the tradesman is smart enough to work for himself......most tradesmen that I know are too undisciplined to work for themselves.

Old 11-16-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipitop View Post
Guys you are completely of about tradesmen. We do not want government interfere with us. And we are smarter then you office rats. We look at you like low level life. I do not know about unions, but most of us aren't in union any way. Immigration legal or illegal cannot do nothing to me.
I'm finding it hard not to chuckle.

Old 11-16-2013, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
There are no pressmen, welders or electricians in Mexico?

I would think that American tradesmen would be running across their border for work if that were the case.

The skills that are TRULY untouchable are sales.....you need to be capable of clear, concise communication.

Old 11-16-2013, 04:02 PM

3,694 posts, read 3,279,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
However, the trademen's unions use THEIR dues to deliver votes to dummycrats.

Unless the tradesman is smart enough to work for himself......most tradesmen that I know are too undisciplined to work for themselves.
Sorry guys... only somewhat true. There are many tradesmen who are union, are smart enough to vote the way they want, and the reason they don't work for themselves.. It's a little hard to work by and for yourself when it's a multi-billion dollar construction project. We work with union and non-union guys both in our line of work. You lumping everyone together like that is as wrong as lumping all women, ethnic cultures, or political party members together.

Old 11-16-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Sorry guys... only somewhat true. There are many tradesmen who are union, are smart enough to vote the way they want, and the reason they don't work for themselves.. It's a little hard to work by and for yourself when it's a multi-billion dollar construction project. We work with union and non-union guys both in our line of work. You lumping everyone together like that is as wrong as lumping all women, ethnic cultures, or political party members together.
I didn't say that every tradesman votes for dummycrats.....their union thug bosses use their dues money to support them though.

That cannot be disputed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies