U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 08:53 PM

20,586 posts, read 8,768,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why would you want to eradicate a movement that seeks smaller, constitutional government, lower taxes that helps create jobs, and government accountability?
Sorry, you misunderstood. I don't want to eradicate any political party. You do though. I was trying to say that all values and opinions should be welcomed even if we don't agree.

Old 11-16-2013, 09:42 PM

66,196 posts, read 33,604,999 times
Since it is a right to own and use firearms, it would behoove the government to educated people about firearms and how they are used and the damage they can cause at an early age. At age 6, target practice with pellet guns at least, if not .22 rifles. and pistols.

Old 11-16-2013, 09:44 PM

12,663 posts, read 13,966,330 times
Isn't this the way it's done in Texas?

Old 11-16-2013, 09:48 PM

650 posts, read 438,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
That would be pretty awesome. Here's your diploma and here's your pistol and ammo.

I bet that would solve some problems. What if every criminal knew every person could be potentially packing steel? Plus, they could throw their caps in the air and shoot at them at the end of the ceremony.

They, of course, could have the option of declining the weapon or selling it, or whatever.
America will give you an education and also give you the means of self protection.

Open carry, everywhere. This is America, not some pansy country.
not so sure thats a good idea.

Old 11-16-2013, 09:51 PM

9,833 posts, read 5,830,535 times
I am completely in favor of teaching young children the use of firearms. My only issue here is I don't believe our schools are the place it should be done. I believe it is every parents responsibility. I taught my children at a very young age and they are now teaching my grandchildren. I started young with the supervision of my father. In our schools we have very few teachers or administrators that have any knowledge of firearms what so ever and I'm sorry, you simply can't learn what needs to be taught about firearms from a book.

Old 11-16-2013, 09:53 PM

29,125 posts, read 21,970,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Sorry, you misunderstood. I don't want to eradicate any political party. You do though. I was trying to say that all values and opinions should be welcomed even if we don't agree.
The Tea Party movement is not a political party.

Harrier doesn't want the Democrat Party eradicated, he wants liberalism to be eradicated.

Harrier wants the Democrat Party to surface from the depths of the extreme left and once again become the Democratic Party.

Old 11-16-2013, 09:57 PM

20,586 posts, read 8,768,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The Tea Party movement is not a political party.

Harrier doesn't want the Democrat Party eradicated, he wants liberalism to be eradicated.

Harrier wants the Democrat Party to surface from the depths of the extreme left and once again become the Democratic Party.
But the tea party wishes they were a political party. Do you know the damage they are doing to republicans. Republicans need to surface from the extreme right and once again become the republican party

Old 11-16-2013, 10:00 PM

24,503 posts, read 35,340,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
But the tea party wishes they were a political party. Do you know the damage they are doing to republicans. Republicans need to surface from the extreme right and once again become the republican party
The once-good republican party has been going down-hill prior to the Tea Party. The only reason why the Tea Party was able to infiltrate the republican party and turn it into the joke that it is today was because of weaknesses brought on earlier on.

However, this is all reversible. We mustn't give up.

Old 11-16-2013, 10:09 PM

12,663 posts, read 13,966,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
The once-good republican party has been going down-hill prior to the Tea Party. The only reason why the Tea Party was able to infiltrate the republican party and turn it into the joke that it is today was because of weaknesses brought on earlier on.

However, this is all reversible. We mustn't give up.
Today's repukicants are nothing more than democrate-lite. The only difference is who they seek to divert the welfare dollars to.

Old 11-16-2013, 10:12 PM

30,528 posts, read 33,343,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I am completely in favor of teaching young children the use of firearms. My only issue here is I don't believe our schools are the place it should be done. I believe it is every parents responsibility. I taught my children at a very young age and they are now teaching my grandchildren. I started young with the supervision of my father. In our schools we have very few teachers or administrators that have any knowledge of firearms what so ever and I'm sorry, you simply can't learn what needs to be taught about firearms from a book.
Can you imagine? The same people claiming the schools aren't fit to teach want them demonstrating firearms. And not everyone cares to or needs to learn about guns. There are many skills out there and not all of them are important enough for everyone to learn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies