U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-17-2013, 07:38 AM
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
86,889 posts, read 102,319,187 times
Reputation: 32951

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
Nurses work for doctors, they have to

Representatives do not work for presidents, they don't have to.
That's not the issue. As a doctor, Paul is used to giving orders and them being followed. That's hard to get over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-17-2013, 08:06 AM
 
Location: Missouri
3,741 posts, read 3,088,414 times
Reputation: 1616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
That's not the issue. As a doctor, Paul is used to giving orders and them being followed. That's hard to get over.
He may be able to bark orders at nurses and his political staff, but he has to either make deals with representatives or impose his will on them. I don't see Sen. Paul as a compromising soul nor do I see him strong or influential enough to be a steamroller.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2013, 08:10 AM
 
Location: Too far from home.
8,743 posts, read 5,762,276 times
Reputation: 2361
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Now granted, when Paul sites down in hour long interviews, he makes more sense because he explains himself, but i dont think his followers watch those interviews, i think they just listen to his campaign slogans.
Without explaining himself, Obama got elected because people were dazzled by his campaign slogans, the major one being "Hope and Change" and "Forward". If only he explained what his agenda was and how that hope and change and forward would impact this country, and people listened maybe he wouldn't have been elected, never mind re-elected. Up to this day the majority of his supporters don't question how is it possible he didn't know about important issues that are taking place under his presidency. They don't question how a president can be so removed from so many issues. They don't stop to ask how can a president say "I didn't know" so many times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2013, 08:12 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 72,326,058 times
Reputation: 27564
I think if anything Ron Paul being President would have united D's and R's because he'd get rid of all their pork programs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2013, 10:00 AM
 
16,704 posts, read 9,068,315 times
Reputation: 6750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
That's not the issue. As a doctor, Paul is used to giving orders and them being followed. That's hard to get over.
Generals are use to giving orders and them being followed - probably more so than doctors.

Yet several generals have made terrific presidents including Washington and Ike. Ike was in fact known for working with people.

You should be careful when speaking in generalizations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2013, 10:02 AM
 
16,704 posts, read 9,068,315 times
Reputation: 6750
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I think if anything Ron Paul being President would have united D's and R's because he'd get rid of all their pork programs.
Obama said he would reduce earmarks (pork) by veto if necessary back to 1994 levels.

They increased and increased in his first 2 years when the Democrats controlled everything. Obama's promises have no value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2013, 10:21 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 72,326,058 times
Reputation: 27564
Ron Paul was a member of Congress for years and wasn't "barking orders".
He presented bills and grilled agency heads with the hard questions no one else asked.
Not that he got any straight answers mind you.

Compare him to Pelosi who does "bark orders"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2013, 12:21 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,229 posts, read 11,479,282 times
Reputation: 4304
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's unconstitional. Even Obama has admitted that it has went too far. Not that it's not likely still expanding.

NSA Declassifies Documents Revealing Unconstitutional Spying On U.S. Emails

NSA Declassifies Documents Revealing Unconstitutional Spying On U.S. Emails | ThinkProgress

I eagerly await your detailed response.



Not doing it at all is the best choice.

Malala Yousafzai tells Obama drones are 'fueling terrorism'

Read more here: Malala Yousafzai tells Obama drones are 'fueling terrorism' | Washington Watch | McClatchy DC

This is one area that Kucenich would have been a far, far better president than either Bush or Obama.
You not liking something does not make it unconstitutional, Try again.

Your argument that not doing it at all would be best would again, only be best in a utopia where terrorist magically stopped hating us the second we stopped using drones, that isnt going to happen in the real world and that is problem with the argument you are trying to make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2013, 12:32 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,229 posts, read 11,479,282 times
Reputation: 4304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Yes we do listen and is why we are followers. Non followers are the ones that don't listen or don't have the intellectual wherewithal to understand him, so they label him a kook or a nut. I think some voters today are products of our dumbed down school system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseeking View Post
Exactly. The non followers, word by word, take their cues from political news talking points.
Such as "He's racist!"
the word racist does not appear in my comment, stay on topic and dont try to generalize and side step the discussion. If you cant put forth an argument, then just dont respond.

When Ron Paul does interviews where he actually has to tell how his ideas would become a reality, he sounds nothing like he does in debates or in campaign speeches.

social security, welfare, medicaid, these arent things he wants to get rid of on day one, which people on this forum would have you believe which is why the above comments just show me that Paul supporters do indeed only listen to the campaign trail.

Last edited by dsjj251; 11-17-2013 at 12:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2013, 12:39 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,229 posts, read 11,479,282 times
Reputation: 4304
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Without explaining himself, Obama got elected because people were dazzled by his campaign slogans, the major one being "Hope and Change" and "Forward". If only he explained what his agenda was and how that hope and change and forward would impact this country, and people listened maybe he wouldn't have been elected, never mind re-elected. Up to this day the majority of his supporters don't question how is it possible he didn't know about important issues that are taking place under his presidency. They don't question how a president can be so removed from so many issues. They don't stop to ask how can a president say "I didn't know" so many times.
Unlike Paul, President Obama did explain himself. You are one of those people who would admit you have never even listen to a full speech by the man and still write the above post.

As for the bold, the man is over 2 million federal employees all of which are in a command structure. There is a reason there is a Secretary,Director, Administrator or Chief. So that they can take care of the day to day operations and he can handle what is deemed important.

Are you seriously saying you thought the president signed off on every single thing that happens in this nation on a daily basis ? and you call Obama supports dumb ?

as for what you see as important, it is just that, what YOU see as important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:48 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top