Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 04:05 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,794,657 times

Advertisements

@The OP: Probably Not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 05:47 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
This entire post looks like a copy and paste job.

There is no IRS scandal, that died the second the world found out they targeted both sides of the aisle. The entire argument was over whether or not a "key words" list should exist.

There is no NSA scandal, People have known for years that we spied on the heads of foreign countries, friends and allies.

There is no Benghazi scandal. 4 americans died and the right has failed in trying to make it a political issue.

F&F was never a major issue, the right just wanted it to look like it. You even claimed it was a gun running operation, that even turned out to be false.

and you are telling me you think the President knows the day to day operations of the CIA, FBI, NSA,FCC, NTSB, FEC, and about 400 other individual organizations with thousands of subdivisions. You expect the president to have to know about all of them ??? Then what exactly do we need Secretaries and Directors for ? by your logic, since everyone should be reporting to the president directly anyways, we should just abolish all these positions.

where are you even getting these exchange numbers from ????? the only place i ever saw that 1 number from was some healthcare exec from one company claiming less than 10 people had signed up with his specific company through the exchange website.

the medicaid number is false as well, you do realize that you could just look at the press release and see the numbers right ? or are you still believing every blog that claims to have the "real" numbers ???

I have only hear president Obama speak about his race 2 times in his entire presidency which has been 4 years and 10 months. If you are going to claim he is more worried about being BPOTUS than just POTUS, you need to actually show something that backs up your claim.
Keep telling yourself whatever takes to convince yourself that this president is the best thing that has happened to this country in the last century. And keep avoiding the major issues.

Cut and paste??? LOL Nah, I'm quite capable of doing my own thinking thank you very much.

The only part of your post I will address are the Obamacare enrollments numbers. Day 1, 6 enrollments (which, during a comedy sketch on SNL, said it was 6 - one week before the official number was released). Day 3, a total of 400+ enrollments. As of Nov 12, almot 107,000 enrollments. Recent number of enrollments under Medicaid is over 400,000. About 52% of Americans DO NOT WANT Obamacare. I'm sure the better part of the 48% do and will enroll for Medicaid, which is subsidized up to 100%. Go take a look at the plan - the premium will be 0% for many.

F&F. Holder admitted to it's existence. Rather than take responsibility for what happened under his watch he pushed it back to the Bush Administration.

I'm not going to pick apart the rest of your post, because it would be a total waste of time trying to explain to someone that writes nonsense that is totally irrelevant or refuses to see the full picture for fear of facing the reality of this president and/or is ill-informed.

I can give you 50 links to back up my statements, something you can't do. You clearly missed quiet a few speeches when he spoke about being black.

Old 11-17-2013, 06:00 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
When the forefathers wrote the constitution, they specifically had in mind the Republican party platform as of 2013. Anything else would be absolutely not upholding the constitution.
Sorry, but a smart aleck remark doesn't constitute a real answer. Come up with a real answer, otherwise you're just proving my point. Every single liberal, every last one of them, supports government overstepping its constitutional authority. If I'm wrong, give me even one single example of one who doesn't.

Old 11-17-2013, 06:18 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
My previous statement still stands. Politicians lie. The thread is asking the question if Ron Paul would lie to us like Barrack Obama has. The answer is pretty broad as politicians lie. Simple.
While one might get one dug up I don't recall a lie coming from Paul or Kucenich. Like I referenced earlier, Dennis didn't try and explain away his ACA vote. He was honest that he didn't support the ACA bill but as a (D) he regretfully had to vote for it.

Old 11-17-2013, 06:18 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Sure he would have lied.
Once a candidate becomes President and learns everything, the best Paul could have done were lies by omission.

We live in a dirty world, and we have created our share of the dirt. Presidents all learn things that get innocents killed and other very drastic and nasty stuff. And every one of them has to live with consequences we will never know anything about, ever, including Ron Paul.

No President has the ability to change everything he does not approve of or that goes against his best conscience. Ron Paul is no saint. He too would have learned he would have to put up with things that he could not change any more than any of his predecessors.

Your marble pedestal is about 100 feet too high, Bent.

Old 11-17-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Sure he would have lied.
Once a candidate becomes President and learns everything, the best Paul could have done were lies by omission.

We live in a dirty world, and we have created our share of the dirt. Presidents all learn things that get innocents killed and other very drastic and nasty stuff. And every one of them has to live with consequences we will never know anything about, ever, including Ron Paul.

No President has the ability to change everything he does not approve of or that goes against his best conscience. Ron Paul is no saint. He too would have learned he would have to put up with things that he could not change any more than any of his predecessors.

Accepting things you don't care for and lying about them are two different things.

Old 11-17-2013, 06:37 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Accepting things you don't care for and lying about them are two different things.
Only when critical secrets come up for mention. Then the choice becomes either lying by omission or an outright lie to prevent some massively bad things from happening.

I doubt very seriously that any President has been gleeful knowing the full power that is carried by those two guys who follow him everywhere with attaché cases handcuffed to their wrists.

And so far, no President has ever failed to lie about some issue, important or not. As I said, Ron Paul is no saint. He has things in his past some folks believe he lied about, just as any candidate has. And he never made his accusers happy, just like none of the others did. He would lie if he had to. That comes with the territory.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Only when critical secrets come up for mention. Then the choice becomes either lying by omission or an outright lie to prevent some massively bad things from happening.
I don't have a problem with the president admitting that there are things he can not discuss in public. That is not lying.

Quote:
I doubt very seriously that any President has been gleeful knowing the full power that is carried by those two guys who follow him everywhere with attaché cases handcuffed to their wrists.

And so far, no President has ever failed to lie about some issue, important or not. As I said, Ron Paul is no saint. He has things in his past some folks believe he lied about, just as any candidate has. And he never made his accusers happy, just like none of the others did. He would lie if he had to. That comes with the territory.
Not answering a question is not lying.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:20 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Sure he would have lied.

Ron Paul has already deliberately lied on several occasions, but the Ron Paul fanatics are incapable of comprehending that reality. To these fanatics Ron Paul can do no wrong, even though he had to deliberately lie and pretend to be a Republican in order to get elected, when everyone knows he is an avid Libertarian. Ron Paul was a RINO.

Furthermore, Ron Paul tells his fanatics how much he supports the military, and they believe him. Even when he votes to send US troops to war and then refuses to fund the military while they are at war.

Lets not forget about his "free trade" rants that his fanatics lap up. For more than 30 years Ron Paul has voted against every free trade agreement ever submitted in the House, and has never once offered his own bill for free trade. Ron Paul's voting record is a complete contradiction to what comes out of his lying mouth, but that does not phase his fanatics.

I, for one, am grateful that this anti-military, anti-trade, isolationist, lying lunatic never won election as President.

As for Ron Paul's fanatical supporters, as the adage goes, "there is no fixing stupid, not even with duct tape."

Old 11-17-2013, 07:26 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
No, they dont. I dont even agree with Paul and I think he would tell the truth, i just dont think his ideas would work.
If you honestly believe that politicians and weathermen don't lie, then you're just fooling yourself.

Despite all the right that Ron Paul may talk about it, he's a politician (statesmen or whatever else you want to call him) and politicians lie. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies