Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2013, 07:08 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Statesmen is a variation of a politician. Therefore, politicians lie.

Either you willingly choose to remain ignorant of this fact or Ron Paul has you hanging on his every word with bated breath.

Another redefinition?

What variation?
They are opposites.

One uses lies and deception, to keep power.
The other uses the truth, to gain trust to be a leader.

Who would you trust with your life... Nancy Pelosi or Ron Paul?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 07:16 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Really? So you think him paying all his family members from campaign funds is the truth? You have an unclear view of Ron Paul. While one wishes there were honest politicians, he is yet just another one, like all the others....

by the he has more family on the payroll, 6 and any other member of Congress and paid a total of $304,000 to them. If you are missing the point, this is a way for him to siphon funds off.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50157523n

Nice try at deception there....

What you say is illegal. He would have been prosecuted and it would have been big news.
Now if they were paid like Billy was for Jimmy, Hilary was for Bill, Laura was for George, Bill & Chelsea were for Hilary, Michelle was for Barack(over 1 million), and all of Mitts family was for Mitt, to work on their campaigns.
No campaign has 100% volunteers. Who do you trust the most if not your family.

Oh.... and the link you posted to make it seem as if you are being truthful says...

The page cannot be found

The page you requested cannot be found on the CBS News website.
The page may have been removed, had its name changed, or is just temporarily unavailable.
To locate the page you are looking for, please try one of the following:
  • If you typed the page address into the browser window, check the spelling for accuracy
  • Click the back button to try another link
  • CBSNews.com Home Page
  • Site Map

Last edited by BentBow; 11-21-2013 at 07:30 AM..

Old 11-21-2013, 09:54 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
- Agreed, if body count is your only criteria, then drones kill less people. Looking at foreign policy like an accountant isn't very pragmatic though.
Drone stikes seem to have less of a foreign policy tidal wave than invading an entire country or sending in a strike team, and even if i wasnt talking about just a drone strike, it would still be the same, drones are indeed better than sending in an army.

Quote:
- I have yet to meet a Progressive who's not in favor of drone strikes, as long as Obama is doing them. When it's the next NeoCon pulling the trigger they'll be against them of course.
we are going to have to agree to disagree here.

[/quote]- I'm saying the reason they attack us, is because we're in their countries attacking them. It's chicken or the egg, except in this case we know which came first & it was us attacking them in their countries. That's what the CIA & Osama Bin Laden both said after 9/11. What the CIA termed "Blowback". It was a reaction to us building permanent military bases in Saudi Arabia, killing all those civilians in Iraq via sanctions & number of other aggressions against Muslims in their own countries. [/quote]

Again, thats my point, it wasnt drones, it was simply a US presence. My assumption was that you were saying drones are the reason the terrorist are attacking the U.S. and its assets.

Quote:
- Think about your logic. If we go to a country, attack them, build a base on their land & they resist then they're threatening us? That sounds liek it's right out of Bush's cowboy handbook on politics.
Thats not my logic, that you using hyperbole, I clearly said if they pose a threat. Your comment makes it sound like i would be advocating an invasion of switzerland.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Congress gave him the power to close it.

President Obama can shut Guantanamo whenever he wants to.
No they didnt, your own link says that permission has to be given for those prisoners to be transferred.

Thats like saying "yea, you can take the car to town if you can find where i hid the car keys".

Old 11-21-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Let me pick this apart even though it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Human beings are mammals. We belong to the Animal Kingdom. Henceforth, we are animals. So yes, people do have sex with animals. Your logic is sound if a little confusing.

adiosToreador (that's me) does not have sex with animals because adiosToreador is still a virgin at 26 years of age. Understood?

Your statement had merit, but fell short. Try again.

I don't need to provide an example because Ron Paul is a politician (or statesmen or whatever, he's a politician). Politicians lie.

Therefore, whenever he's up at the podium he might sound like he's telling the truth and he very well may be at certain times; however, to claim that he *always* tells the truth as a politician and has never lied is just full on zealotry and willful ignorance.

Politicians lie.
TMI, Are you a witness or for religious reasons, because the bible does not say you have to be a virgin till marriage.

His statement did not fall short, regarless of humans being animals, you knew exactly what he meant.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Another redefinition?

What variation?
They are opposites.

The other uses the truth, to gain trust to be a leader

the one who redefined it was you as the bold is not the definition of statesman or politician

what you did is the equivalent of saying that a puppy is a cute and cuddly animal and a cat is an evil lazy creature

Old 11-21-2013, 10:44 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,681,868 times
Ron Paul awakened a deeper part of the American idea then people know. It was always there its the HUMAN spirit of resistance to the status quo. The status quo is more government, more wars and more spending.
Ron Paul asked and spread the idea of which has been in the minds of all FREE men, once you understand the tyranny in which you come from and the history of those who wish not to repeat it.

The truth is there for those who want to see it.

Old 11-21-2013, 11:36 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
I don't need to provide an example
You do or your accusations are worthless.

Old 11-21-2013, 11:39 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
No they didnt, your own link says that permission has to be given for those prisoners to be transferred.

Thats like saying "yea, you can take the car to town if you can find where i hid the car keys".
Slate or you? I'm going with Slate.

Old 11-21-2013, 11:57 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You do or your accusations are worthless.
You're the one made the positive assertion that Ron Paul always tells the truth. All I've said in this thread and have ever said in this thread is that politicians lie.

This seems to strike a nerve with you for whatever reason. I don't need to provide anything.

Politicians lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
TMI, Are you a witness or for religious reasons, because the bible does not say you have to be a virgin till marriage.
It's not TMI and I was stating my status due to his assertion that I have sex with animals in order to prove a point. He failed to do so.

Quote:
His statement did not fall short, regardless of humans being animals, you knew exactly what he meant.
Just because I knew what he meant doesn't mean his statement fell short. It did fall short because it was a hackneyed example and a desperate one at that. What does any of this have to do with Ron Paul and whether or not he always tells the truth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Another redefinition?

What variation?
They are opposites.

The other uses the truth, to gain trust to be a leader.

Neither since both are politicians. Politicians lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies