Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 07:27 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
While one might get one dug up I don't recall a lie coming from Paul or Kucenich. Like I referenced earlier, Dennis didn't try and explain away his ACA vote. He was honest that he didn't support the ACA bill but as a (D) he regretfully had to vote for it.
My point is that at one point or another politicians (or statesmen or whatever) will lie. It's just plain fact and a truth that people seem to forget.

I'm not saying Ron Paul would be more apt to tell the truth, but he's a politician and politicians lie. That's the point I'm making.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 07:31 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
My point is that at one point or another politicians (or statesmen or whatever) will lie. It's just plain fact and a truth that people seem to forget.

I'm not saying Ron Paul would be more apt to tell the truth, but he's a politician and politicians lie. That's the point I'm making.

The collective wide paint brush v. the individual that is Ron Paul.

You are a liberal and liberals all lie.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:24 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Nobody would ever claim that Ron Paul has never lied in his life. I think it would be safe to say in their political lives Obama has more lies in his short political career many times over.

Quote:
The point isn't worth much without examples. To repeat myself.......people cheat on their taxes, hence adiosToreador cheats on his.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:00 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,446,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
LOL

Ron Paul voted NO on Iraq.
Ron Paul voted YES on the War Against Terrorism (H.J.Res. 64). The bill passed 420 to 1. The ONLY Representative to vote against going to war against terrorism was Rep. Barbara Lee (CA-D).

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2001/roll342.xml

Ron Paul proceeded to vote against every attempt to fund the military's efforts in this war.

If you are quite finished with your childish personal attacks, maybe you can come to grips with your serious delusions about Ron Paul, but I seriously doubt it.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:16 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,856,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The problem with people like Ron Paul and you is that you claim everyone else lives is a fantasy world, but in reality it is you.

Now granted, when Paul sites down in hour long interviews, he makes more sense because he explains himself, but i dont think his followers watch those interviews, i think they just listen to his campaign slogans.
Being uninformed, as your posts prove, is a problem with the irrational big government loons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Spying really has never been a political hot button issue, all the countries with the capabilities do it. If you can explain why you are actually against it, then i will give you a detailed response.

Drone strikes are better than sending our military into foreign lands, and the argument that we should just end this program, shut down bases and stop patrolling the seas would only be possible in a utopian society where there were no pirates that robbed shipping vessels,or terrorist that attacked innocent people.
If we didn't occupy invade and overthrow other nations there wouldn't be any terrorists. Not looking into the reasons or just plain ignoring them is a short coming of the big government supporters. Instead their reasoning is "because someone said".

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 11-17-2013 at 09:30 PM..

Old 11-17-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Ron Paul has already deliberately lied on several occasions, but the Ron Paul fanatics are incapable of comprehending that reality. To these fanatics Ron Paul can do no wrong, even though he had to deliberately lie and pretend to be a Republican in order to get elected, when everyone knows he is an avid Libertarian. Ron Paul was a RINO.

Furthermore, Ron Paul tells his fanatics how much he supports the military, and they believe him. Even when he votes to send US troops to war and then refuses to fund the military while they are at war.
He so strongly supports the troops he doesn't risk their lives over something that has nothing to do with protecting our borders. You don't care when our troops get killed. Disgusting.

Quote:
Lets not forget about his "free trade" rants that his fanatics lap up. For more than 30 years Ron Paul has voted against every free trade agreement ever submitted in the House, and has never once offered his own bill for free trade. Ron Paul's voting record is a complete contradiction to what comes out of his lying mouth, but that does not phase his fanatics.
Free trade isn't something that is hundreds of pages long. That is managed trade. You never learn do you?

Quote:
I, for one, am grateful that this anti-military, anti-trade, isolationist, lying lunatic never won election as President.
He's the strongest pro military candidate which is why last time he ran he received more donations from active military that any other candidate when he was running. He's always been for free trade. He's never been an isolationist and you have no proof that he is. He's not the one lying here. Funny how the big government supporters have to make things up about Ron Pauls policies. Their way is such a complete and utter failure they have nothing to back up their horrible policies except mis represent the policies of others.

Quote:
As for Ron Paul's fanatical supporters, as the adage goes, "there is no fixing stupid, not even with duct tape."
As for big government fanatical supporters, as the adage goes, "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results in insanity."

Old 11-17-2013, 09:32 PM

4,882 posts, read 5,012,442 times
Yes, all politicians lie.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
He so strongly supports the troops he doesn't risk their lives over something that has nothing to do with protecting our borders. You don't care when our troops get killed. Disgusting.

Free trade isn't something that is hundreds of pages long. That is managed trade. You never learn do you?

He's the strongest pro military candidate which is why last time he ran he received more donations from active military that any other candidate when he was running. He's always been for free trade. He's never been an isolationist and you have no proof that he is. He's not the one lying here. Funny how the big government supporters have to make things up about Ron Pauls policies. Their way is such a complete and utter failure they have nothing to back up their horrible policies except mis represent the policies of others.

As for big government fanatical supporters, as the adage goes, "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results in insanity."
You are obviously a victim of cult-of-personality, no less so than any messiah-worshiping Obamabot.

Your only hope of salvation is to come to the realization that ALL politicians deliberately lie.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:54 PM

Quote:
You are obviously a victim of cult-of-personality, no less so than any messiah-worshiping Obamabot.

Your only hope of salvation is to come to the realization that ALL politicians deliberately lie.
Keep running from the truth and you'll keep making the same mistakes over and over again. Because you said so, and have nothing to back it up, doesn't mean much.

Old 11-17-2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Keep running from the truth and you'll keep making the same mistakes over and over again. Because you said so, and have nothing to back it up, doesn't mean much.
I posted the actual Roll Call Vote #342 from the 107th Session of Congress for all to see, where Ron Paul votes to go to war, and yet you continue to deny reality. This is a classic example of fanaticism, no different than the Obamabot fanatics who insist that Obama never lied.

Fanatics can never cope with reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies