Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2013, 05:25 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,933,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Define critical thinking.

Also you are aware the The Iraq war was a bipartisan war, also were not the ones are ran on the principal of "compromise" and then refuse to compromise, the shut down was a bipartisan failure.
Again, you repeat yourself and totally ignore my comments on the Iraq war. It was "bipartisan" because the intelligence offered up to Americans and Congress by Cheney/Bush was fabricated. What's not to understand??
And again, you refuse to address the thread topic or offer up RW solutions to any problem. Duck, dodge, divert...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 05:38 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,741,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Again, you repeat yourself and totally ignore my comments on the Iraq war. It was "bipartisan" because the intelligence offered up to Americans and Congress by Cheney/Bush was fabricated. What's not to understand??
And again, you refuse to address the thread topic or offer up RW solutions to any problem. Duck, dodge, divert...
So their is no chance it was just really really bad intel?

Old 11-21-2013, 06:01 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times
Quote:
It of course was really, really bad intelligence. But that was mostly caused by the fact it was intelligence driven to a predefined outcome. Bush and Chaney knew the answer so the Intelligence people got them what they wanted.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:09 PM

Quote:
No chance. Remember the on-site inspections which gave real intelligence that Cheney/Bush castigated and decided to ignore? You are unaware that Cheney met with Big Oil to divide up profits long before the invasion?
With a grand public display of innuendo and questionable props, they turned a man of integrity, Colin Powell, into Carrot Top for the purpose of priming the public for invasion. The war, which killed almost 5000 young Americans, was fought for corporate profit and political capital - and it seems like Powell bailed on them after realizing he had been used.
To insinuate that Cheney/Bush were "victims" of bad intel is just something one might hear from Limbaugh and his ilk.

Last edited by detwahDJ; 11-21-2013 at 11:11 PM..

Old 11-21-2013, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well, you guys never claim that, we liberals just like to remind you often that you are a part of the party of intolerance.
Simple Yes or No answer, Is it wrong to be intolerance again suicide bombers?

Old 11-21-2013, 11:39 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,994,098 times
Quote:
Simple Yes or No answer, Is it wrong to be intolerance again suicide bombers?
I love intolerance. I'm one of the most intolerant guys you'll ever meet.

Old 11-21-2013, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
I love intolerance. I'm one of the most intolerant guys you'll ever meet.
Oh Patton.

Old 11-21-2013, 11:48 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,994,098 times
Quote:
Oh Patton.
Oh gunlover.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:19 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,236 times
If liberals are indeed tolerant of the opinions of others, why the hell are they pushing a piece of crap hilariously called the 'Fairness Doctrine'?

They can't stand the fact that conservative talk radio has been the second-most listened to radio format in the nation (behind country) for over 21 years, and that the Wall Street Journal is tops in circulation nationally.

We the people have been voting with our eardrums & eyeballs that ours is a conservative country.

Why are Democrats still in denial about this after 20+ years?

The fact that Caucasians are revitalizing downtown Detroit shouldn't be a problem for anyone except for the race-baiting locals who can't stand it; liberals have a multi-decade record for destroying livelihoods, thanks to idiotic golvernment-driven and quota-mandated policies such as the 2008 housing crash, which was 100% their fault.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by things and stuff View Post
Socially, yes to some extent. They didn't all switch in the South. It's more complicated than that, I guess.

I grew up in Seattle and have always been liberal with a socially libertarian streak. I've seen what good Democrat run areas can do in Seattle. In many ways it is superior to any conservative areas I've been to, but..

Traveling and living in the South has been a real-eye opener. Yes, I'm a non-white liberal 2nd generation immigrant, but Southern Democrats are absolutely terrible. The black caucus democrats here in Louisiana are so backwards that I can see how they drive people to be pawns of the GOP.

My first week in Baton Rouge, there was a big news story where black politicians demanded that the city cut down the trees in undeveloped lots and parks in the black parts of town because they caused crime. Uhh what, trees caused crime??? I was blown away. They also want to ban liquor sales and all kinds of other crap. They have the most blatantly corrupt politicians (small time locals) and then re-elect them because they're black. They claim they are for diversity but most of their policies are more exclusive than anything.

From what I gather, Detroit is run by these types of idiots. Ah well.
Detroit has been run by a mix of clueless and aware people with the clueless winning out. Maybe they were concerned about their own short-term careers and, not knowing what to do, just "back-burnered" the growing problems. It's possible they didn't foresee the demise of manufacturing, and were content with the auto industry "sugar daddy".
Government in general will attract regressive, ultra-cautious thinkers, while creative people will seek other career paths imo.
Some years ago, I remember one forward-thinker, a privately-hired planner, who was laughed out of town for her "blasphemous" ideas. Her proposed plan? Make Detroit world-class by diversifying industries, working for regional cooperation and input, coordinate various institutions like government, universities, businesses, etc, into a cohesive grand plan for the city and region. Like flies on feces, the local media jumped all over her for her "crazy" notions because - well - "this is Detroit, how dare this outsider rock the boat". For one, the media, with more allegiance to the suburbs, wanted no part of regionalization and wanted to keep Detroit with its growing problems corralled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies