U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 10:01 PM

9,427 posts, read 5,748,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Excuse me? Can you elaborate on this. I'm not getting this.
The cities is looking for more moeny so it can waste it on public sector unions pensions and buying votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 10:03 PM

11 posts, read 14,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That sounds more believable. I am sure there are plenty of young people in Michigan and surrounding midwest areas that are looking to get away from the suburbs and rural life for something more urban and exciting.
Shootings, muggings, and rape and murder....hmmm exciting!

Old 11-17-2013, 10:04 PM
Status: "Days like this I think to myself "I hate living in Georgia"." (set 2 days ago)

47,632 posts, read 45,275,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
just because it has not be found does not mean it does not happen, I mean if you are going to break the law, be smart about it...
My post was in response to someone who said that "you get criminal mayors when you have liberals". And if you say it hasn't been found in Seattle, Denver, Minneapolis, and Boston, then you could say the same about places such as Salt Lake City and Amarillo. What about Louisiana? That is basically a conservative state and it's very corrupt.

Old 11-17-2013, 10:14 PM

Quote:
My post was in response to someone who said that "you get criminal mayors when you have liberals". And if you say it hasn't been found in Seattle, Denver, Minneapolis, and Boston, then you could say the same about places such as Salt Lake City and Amarillo. What about Louisiana? That is basically a conservative state and it's very corrupt.
Hey show me a elected official who is not corrupt.

That being said at least those cities are not as bad in the way of crime and high taxes.

Old 11-17-2013, 10:15 PM

46,054 posts, read 29,429,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
just because it has not be found does not mean it does not happen, I mean if you are going to break the law, be smart about it...
Well in that case everyone is a criminal, you can't prove me wrong because you can't prove that it doesn't happen with everyone.

Old 11-17-2013, 10:17 PM

46,054 posts, read 29,429,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan F View Post
Shootings, muggings, and rape and murder....hmmm exciting!
Violence can happen anywhere, it is up to the individual to decide where they feel safe to live and what they want out of where they live.

Old 11-17-2013, 10:20 PM

29,125 posts, read 21,970,509 times
Quote:
What about Louisiana? That is basically a conservative state and it's very corrupt.
New Orleans is quite liberal.

Former Congressman William Jefferson was from Louisiana, he was a Democrat, and he hid $90,000 in his refrigerator and was sentenced to prison.

Talk about cold cash and cooling ones heels, which he will do until at least 2023.

Old 11-17-2013, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
New Orleans is quite liberal.

Former Congressman William Jefferson was from Louisiana, he was a Democrat, and he hid $90,000 in his refrigerator and was sentenced to prison.

Talk about cold cash and cooling ones heels, which he will do until at least 2023.
I never understood why he keep it in his house, or did not convert it to gold..

Old 11-17-2013, 10:53 PM

3,241 posts, read 3,275,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; I think EdwardA is a "Black" dude.
Yes very much in quotation marks, might need 8-10 spare quotation marks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
He is.

That fact drives liberals nuts.
From people who think the world was created 4000 years ago. By God. And he hates gay people. Doesn't get more reliable than that

Old 11-17-2013, 11:06 PM

2,176 posts, read 964,277 times
do they want to fix this by having wealthy educated white people move into the ghetto? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or