U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 07:50 AM

16,553 posts, read 11,491,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
I hoped for the day America finally realized that skin color doesn't matter. I hoped for a day where America dropped those silly generalizations and realized that every human is an individual with their own mind and free will.....

That day never came and I'm starting to think it will never come.

Why can't some people in this country look past skin color? Two people of the same race won't always go down the same path, every race has people who do bad and people who do good, and your skin color does not control your actions. I find myself repeating these things everyday and people refuse to listen.

Do you think we can finally move on from this?
As soon as race hustling ceases to be a business. Racism is kept around for personal gain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 07:55 AM

871 posts, read 691,759 times
We will only get past it, when people stop using their skin color as an excuse.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:58 AM

19,634 posts, read 12,436,329 times
Quote:
I hoped for the day America finally realized that skin color doesn't matter. I hoped for a day where America dropped those silly generalizations and realized that every human is an individual with their own mind and free will.....

Why can't some people in this country look past skin color? Two people of the same race won't always go down the same path, every race has people who do bad and people who do good, and your skin color does not control your actions. I find myself repeating these things everyday and people refuse to listen.

Not until people stop teaching their kids how to be a bigot.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:05 AM

10,543 posts, read 12,010,643 times
It's a human problem and other countries have it too because they also have humans.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:09 AM

16,924 posts, read 11,813,804 times
Our nature insists 'we notice the differences when there are similarities and similarities when there are differences".

Noticing differences does not make one racist or prejudice although it can be used in that way.

The social justice system has set the threshold for tolerance at ZERO, an impossible level to achieve given the nature of humans. Change the definition of racist, pressure and punish politicians who have hijacked 'racism' and used it as a political nuclear weapon and we'd all be a lot happier and content.

The great slippery slope, pet guard dog of liberal causes and fed by hungry lawyers, concludes, the most innocent behavior, today, is predictive of the least likely future behavior and must be prevented now with zero tolerance. Say the wrong word and you are branded a cross burning noose swinging heart filled with hate racist. Not going to win support or open ears to your message with that attitude!

To generalize about America is racist and ethnocentric. To allow banned words by one group and not another feeds the perception of racism and creates further division.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:11 AM

17,611 posts, read 19,036,689 times
Quote:
I am well aware that other countries have their racial tensions. You can't avoid racism and I am fully aware of that fact. Even then, when compared to some other countries, America has it pretty bad.
Actually it is just the opposite. There is a dialog about it in America because those of us in the 'minority' actually have a voice. For example, people of indigenous or African descent in Latin America do not have the power to complain about racism and discrimination in their countries so they will simply state that it does not exist. The same with countries that have a definitive caste system such as India where the lower castes are voiceless and powerless.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:16 AM

3,201 posts, read 3,567,750 times
nope

simply because even within a certain race of people they cant get past the whole dark skin -- light skin thing

if your own race cant even get right how can there be harmony amongst different races, ethnicities, etc

Old 11-18-2013, 08:20 AM

7,475 posts, read 20,202,458 times
When Oprah Winfrey and her ilk are gone, racism will begin to fade away. There is absolutely no doubt comrade obama has set race relations back 100 years..

Old 11-18-2013, 08:21 AM

35,225 posts, read 19,282,093 times
Default Will America ever move past skin color and generalizations?

Slowly but gradually, yes.

But not in the lifetime of anyone breathing today.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:30 AM

30,193 posts, read 16,624,133 times
Quote:

I thought we had moved away from this some time ago, until Obama was elected and claims of racism were everywhere. Even to criticize his extreme Leftist policies is viewed as "racism" by the Left.

If I supported Herman Cain (which I did) I was still a "racist" for not supporting Obama! Of course to blacks, Herman Cain is an "Uncle Tom."

As another example, the shooting of Trayvon Martin by George Zimmerman in self defense was blamed on Zimmermans "racisim." I guess he was just to let Martin kill him (which he surely would have done).
It was Eric Holder who sent his lackeys to Florida to stir up the "racist" issue in that case, after the police had already determined the shooting was indeed, self defense.

Obama is to blame for the way things are. He has taken us back about 70 years. Even Oprah is claiming racism is a problem again.

And what about these black thugs that are involved in this "game" of "Knock Out?" Are we to simply ignore this? Is it "racist" to think these young thugs should be in jail?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies