U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-18-2013, 09:32 AM
 
2,226 posts, read 1,763,868 times
Reputation: 901

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
I hoped for the day America finally realized that skin color doesn't matter. I hoped for a day where America dropped those silly generalizations and realized that every human is an individual with their own mind and free will.....

That day never came and I'm starting to think it will never come.

Why can't some people in this country look past skin color? Two people of the same race won't always go down the same path, every race has people who do bad and people who do good, and your skin color does not control your actions. I find myself repeating these things everyday and people refuse to listen.

Do you think we can finally move on from this?
Tragically, probably not. Too much fear and inherent racism
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-18-2013, 09:40 AM
 
Location: Whereever we have our RV parked
8,778 posts, read 7,698,666 times
Reputation: 15051
It doesn't end till the end. Prejudice of one class or race of people vs. another is present in all cultures. Black tribes in Africa hate other black tribes. Remember Rwanda. Japanese hate Koreans and Chinese and vice versa. We still have it today, that's why whites prefer to live in white neighborhoods towns and blacks prefer to live in black neighborhoods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2013, 09:42 AM
 
1,401 posts, read 1,640,442 times
Reputation: 1428
Not in our lifetimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2013, 09:49 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,124 posts, read 22,029,506 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
It will go away when we stop separating ourselves based on our differences (diversity) and start uniting as people.
Very good point.

The focus on diversity has perpetuated divisiveness when we should be uniting as human beings.

Liberals create that divisiveness because it appeals to the basest of human emotions, is entirely irrational, and pits segments of the population against each other, which is the only way which liberals can remain relevant.

Ever notice that diversity and division have the same root?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2013, 10:02 AM
 
3,624 posts, read 3,088,677 times
Reputation: 1504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
What does that mean?

Dr. King was murdered 8 years before Harrier was born.

He never had the opportunity to be a "nuisance" to Harrier, and for the record Harrier supports what the reverend was trying to do.

Harrier grew up in a post racial society, lived and lives in mixed neighborhoods, had and has friends and neighbors of all races, and is deeply offended that "tolerant" liberals on this forum call Harrier a "racist" simply because he self-identifies as a conservative.

The fact that liberals use such vicious and intellectually dishonest tactics in an attempt to squelch open debate on pertinent issues is why Harrier often brings up the racist history of the Democratic Party, which defended slavery, perpetuated Jim Crow, and voted against the Civil Rights Act.

Todays extremist left wing liberals bear little resemblance to the classical liberals who through a coalition of Republicans and conscientious Democrats(many of whom were Christians, as was Dr. King, and liberals today irrationally despise Christians) passed the Civil Rights Act and ended institutional racism(supported by Democrats) in this great republic.

You can't handle all of this and are blinded by your Pavlovian reaction to the word "conservative", the evidence of the brainwashing to which you have been subjected by your liberal masters and their willing sycophants in the left wing media, such as MSNBC.

Start thinking for yourself and quit being a tool for the clueless Democrats.


you say you grew up in a post racial society, yet you create a thread talking about black mannequins and racism.

cant make this up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2013, 10:10 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,124 posts, read 22,029,506 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
you say you grew up in a post racial society, yet you create a thread talking about black mannequins and racism.

cant make this up.
Here is the link.

Is the use of black mannequins racist?

Harrier will allow people to draw their own conclusions.

Harrier never really seriously thought about race until he encountered left wing assaults on this forum roughly 3 years ago.

It is liberals who are perpetuating race significance, and it is a non-issue for most of us who were born after the civil rights era.

Try telling Harriers friends, many of which are black, Hispanic, or Asian, that Harrier is a "racist".

They would laugh you out of the planet.

Quit being so gullible(or liberal, which is pretty much the same thing).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2013, 11:24 AM
 
51,914 posts, read 41,783,059 times
Reputation: 32385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
I hoped for the day America finally realized that skin color doesn't matter. I hoped for a day where America dropped those silly generalizations and realized that every human is an individual with their own mind and free will.....

That day never came and I'm starting to think it will never come.

Why can't some people in this country look past skin color? Two people of the same race won't always go down the same path, every race has people who do bad and people who do good, and your skin color does not control your actions. I find myself repeating these things everyday and people refuse to listen.

Do you think we can finally move on from this?
There will always be idiots but things have gotten unquestionably better.

Don't pay so much attention to the squeekiest wheel that is so attractive for the media to display.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2013, 11:51 AM
 
Location: Here
1,694 posts, read 1,494,222 times
Reputation: 1332
Things have gotten better through the decades, but what is required is a complete dismantling of the wall separating people, and there are too many people on both sides of that wall who are unwilling to take that step due to fear, and for some, maintaining race-based cultures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2013, 12:06 PM
 
50,591 posts, read 26,698,277 times
Reputation: 15832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
What does that mean?

Dr. King was murdered 8 years before Harrier was born.

He never had the opportunity to be a "nuisance" to Harrier, and for the record Harrier supports what the reverend was trying to do.

Harrier grew up in a post racial society, lived and lives in mixed neighborhoods, had and has friends and neighbors of all races, and is deeply offended that "tolerant" liberals on this forum call Harrier a "racist" simply because he self-identifies as a conservative.

The fact that liberals use such vicious and intellectually dishonest tactics in an attempt to squelch open debate on pertinent issues is why Harrier often brings up the racist history of the Democratic Party, which defended slavery, perpetuated Jim Crow, and voted against the Civil Rights Act.

Todays extremist left wing liberals bear little resemblance to the classical liberals who through a coalition of Republicans and conscientious Democrats(many of whom were Christians, as was Dr. King, and liberals today irrationally despise Christians) passed the Civil Rights Act and ended institutional racism(supported by Democrats) in this great republic.

You can't handle all of this and are blinded by your Pavlovian reaction to the word "conservative", the evidence of the brainwashing to which you have been subjected by your liberal masters and their willing sycophants in the left wing media, such as MSNBC.

Start thinking for yourself and quit being a tool for the clueless Democrats.
There has NEVER been a such thing as a post racial America and furthermore, you didn't grow up in one.

There will never be such a thing, and I don't know why so many insist on wanting such an impossibility. We can't erase a few hundred years of animosity just because we wish it would go away.

Anyway, racial harmony isn't important to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2013, 08:22 PM
 
835 posts, read 899,287 times
Reputation: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
The fact you condemn all americans tells me you have not got past it
And here come another person who only read the title of the thread and missed where I said "some" Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top