Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 08:36 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times

Advertisements

No.

I don't think it will happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 08:37 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,651,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
I hoped for the day America finally realized that skin color doesn't matter. I hoped for a day where America dropped those silly generalizations and realized that every human is an individual with their own mind and free will.....

That day never came and I'm starting to think it will never come.

Why can't some people in this country look past skin color? Two people of the same race won't always go down the same path, every race has people who do bad and people who do good, and your skin color does not control your actions. I find myself repeating these things everyday and people refuse to listen.

Do you think we can finally move on from this?
unfortunately, I don't see that happening in our life time. I hate to sound so negative here but i'm also trying to be real and not just say what you want to hear. you will never be able to totally eradicate racist views. nothing in life is 100% except death so all 100% of society will never be free of racism. but we can still hope and try, love always conquer hate.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:39 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
the whole world does this. Why are you just picking on America?

Old 11-18-2013, 08:42 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
It will never happen. There will always be a group that is singled out. The Irish were at one point, the blanks have been off and on, I am sure the Chinese through Angel Island were as well as Mexicans. We will just find another group when all of these are fully accepted.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:04 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You guys only care about his dream because he's safely dead and can't be the nuisance he was to you guys when he was alive.
What does that mean?

Dr. King was murdered 8 years before Harrier was born.

He never had the opportunity to be a "nuisance" to Harrier, and for the record Harrier supports what the reverend was trying to do.

Harrier grew up in a post racial society, lived and lives in mixed neighborhoods, had and has friends and neighbors of all races, and is deeply offended that "tolerant" liberals on this forum call Harrier a "racist" simply because he self-identifies as a conservative.

The fact that liberals use such vicious and intellectually dishonest tactics in an attempt to squelch open debate on pertinent issues is why Harrier often brings up the racist history of the Democratic Party, which defended slavery, perpetuated Jim Crow, and voted against the Civil Rights Act.

Todays extremist left wing liberals bear little resemblance to the classical liberals who through a coalition of Republicans and conscientious Democrats(many of whom were Christians, as was Dr. King, and liberals today irrationally despise Christians) passed the Civil Rights Act and ended institutional racism(supported by Democrats) in this great republic.

You can't handle all of this and are blinded by your Pavlovian reaction to the word "conservative", the evidence of the brainwashing to which you have been subjected by your liberal masters and their willing sycophants in the left wing media, such as MSNBC.

Start thinking for yourself and quit being a tool for the clueless Democrats.

Last edited by Harrier; 11-18-2013 at 09:44 AM..

Old 11-18-2013, 09:08 AM

11,248 posts, read 11,020,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
nope

simply because even within a certain race of people they cant get past the whole dark skin -- light skin thing

if your own race cant even get right how can there be harmony amongst different races, ethnicities, etc
It's not even really about skin color usually. It's more about perceived culture within the same skin color. Most Japanese think of themselves as superior compared to other Asians (Chinese, Koreans, Filipinos, ect), and and most African blacks don't think too highly of American blacks.

Many people right here on CD are labeled as racist when they make negative comments regarding a certain segment of a particular race. Don't know how many times I've been labeled a racist for making a comment regarding, for instance, thug behavior and violent crime amongst inner city blacks. Of course, to a liberal that means I dislike all black people.

Racism, and claims thereof, keep the world turning. It's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:19 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,169,560 times
Quote:
I hoped for the day America finally realized that skin color doesn't matter. I hoped for a day where America dropped those silly generalizations and realized that every human is an individual with their own mind and free will.....

Why can't some people in this country look past skin color? Two people of the same race won't always go down the same path, every race has people who do bad and people who do good, and your skin color does not control your actions. I find myself repeating these things everyday and people refuse to listen.

No they will not go away but they will continue to moderate over time as they have.

But do you think generalizations, stereotypes, etc. don't exist in other countries? Do you think Germans, French, Russions, Japanese, Finnish people don't have some prejudice?

Old 11-18-2013, 09:25 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,652,853 times
It will go away when we stop separating ourselves based on our differences (diversity) and start uniting as people.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:28 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:

The fact you condemn all americans tells me you have not got past it

Old 11-18-2013, 09:30 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,469,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
When Oprah Winfrey and her ilk are gone, racism will begin to fade away. There is absolutely no doubt comrade obama has set race relations back 100 years..
Oprah made you a racist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies