U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 07:27 PM

835 posts, read 900,174 times

Advertisements

I hoped for the day America finally realized that skin color doesn't matter. I hoped for a day where America dropped those silly generalizations and realized that every human is an individual with their own mind and free will.....

That day never came and I'm starting to think it will never come.

Why can't some people in this country look past skin color? Two people of the same race won't always go down the same path, every race has people who do bad and people who do good, and your skin color does not control your actions. I find myself repeating these things everyday and people refuse to listen.

Do you think we can finally move on from this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 07:28 PM

15,087 posts, read 17,578,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post

Yes.

[no further comment]

Old 11-17-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Yes.

[no further comment]
When do you think that will be? That day looks distant from where I stand.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:36 PM

544 posts, read 522,431 times
Which country in the world is past skin color? Name one, and then we'll find racist news stories or reports to disprove you.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHarley View Post
Which country in the world is past skin color? Name one, and then we'll find racist news stories or reports to disprove you.
I am well aware that other countries have their racial tensions. You can't avoid racism and I am fully aware of that fact. Even then, when compared to some other countries, America has it pretty bad.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:50 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,732,030 times
Who is America?

Old 11-17-2013, 08:09 PM

12,049 posts, read 5,723,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
I hoped for the day America finally realized that skin color doesn't matter. I hoped for a day where America dropped those silly generalizations and realized that every human is an individual with their own mind and free will.....

That day never came and I'm starting to think it will never come.

Why can't some people in this country look past skin color? Two people of the same race won't always go down the same path, every race has people who do bad and people who do good, and your skin color does not control your actions. I find myself repeating these things everyday and people refuse to listen.

I actually thought we were about to that point - I didn't really understand the vast differences in certain parts of the country and all the other factors like Politics. I'm grateful that I live where I live.

Do I think we can move on from this?
NOPE Ö.. I won't see it in my lifetime, maybe not even in my son's lifetime.
I concur with [no further comment]

Old 11-17-2013, 08:12 PM

29,124 posts, read 22,055,307 times
Not as long as liberals are around.

Democrats are opposed to the fulfillment of Dr. King's dream.

They only remain relevant if they can artificially create division and animosity where it otherwise wouldn't exist.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:16 PM

16,477 posts, read 16,590,547 times
It's biological......humans are more trustful of people of the same race as themselves... much more so than their trust levels of someone of a different race. That is why IMHO, the multi-culti model that the USAtard is following is dumb, dumb are really DUMMMMMMMM.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:17 PM

55,679 posts, read 74,671,253 times
i agree i am tired of it. when however will it stop???? when we stop overlooking bad behavior on account of skin color. principles not personalities. when u stop using race as a defense for bad behavior.then u will shame your adversaries instead of providing them with ammunition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies