U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2013, 08:11 AM

3,092 posts, read 3,437,417 times

Advertisements

No one is blaming the workers. We have the same thing in my office, and we pay a lot more than Wal-Mart. It benefits families who have fallen on hard times--a spouse died or lost their job, a newly single mom with kids, someone who is struggling with medical costs for their impaired child. There is nothing wrong with fellow employees opening their hearts and their wallets to help co-employees at any level.

For what it's worth, talk to the companies like Hewlett-Packard, McDonalds, and others who have laid off tens of thousands of American citizens and have written letters to Pelosi and Boehner pushing for immigration reform so they can replace those workers with immigrants who will not complain at all about their low wages. Employees giving to other employees at the holiday season out of love and concern is not the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Again, it is always much easier to blame the one being exploited than it is the one doing the exploiting.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2013, 08:33 AM

871 posts, read 688,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You are exactly right. And I'd be willing to bet that those who bash Walmart give very little in charity, if at all.

These people are all of the type that think themselves better than everyone else.

And another thing about Walmart is that they involve themselves in the communities they serve as well. They give much, and most communities like when a Walmart comes to town.
I can't stand Walmart and the crap it sells. I will shop elsewhere. Because, I do not shop at Walmart, I do not believe/think I am better than anyone else.

I happen to give to many charities, most recently (just a few days ago) a local food drive to help those in need. We also help family and friends in need.

Most communities around where I am, do not want Walmart in their neighborhoods. Actually, I live outside of a very big city. The nearest Walmart to me, is at least 15 miles from me. Which is perfectly fine with me.

Most large corporations give to the community, this is nothing special to Walmart.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies