Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 06:33 PM

2,960 posts, read 3,527,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
OHH- where you there?? OH Sorry-- eye witness ya'll-
Mr. Zimmerman will find his destinty all by himself. and I will always, hear me well- always be on the side of the kid-
He got exactly what he deserved and with your attitude, I wonder if your own children are playing the "knockout" game.

Last edited by D-Towner; 11-20-2013 at 06:43 PM..

Old 11-20-2013, 06:48 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,907,092 times
I’m seeing some of the same kinds of posts on this thread that overwhelmed the thread that went on for months on the True Crime board: Zimmerman’s an evil killer wannabe cop, Martin was a thug, anyone who questions whether Zimmerman was legally justified in shooting or who goes the other way and says he was is a “supporter” of whichever one of them, people stating definitively what did and did not happen as if they had been there to witness the incident, etc. In the midst of that kind of talk, it’s refreshing to see some rational thought, like that in the posts below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If the women were on top of him beating him to death, I'd defend him; however, that wasn't the case now was it?

Not that long ago, there was a burglar, or some sort of criminal, that was in the process of committing some sort of a property crime like theft. He witnessed a much worse violent crime and immediately called the police who showed up and stopped the violent attack. I gave the thief kudos for doing the right thing, but that doesn't me that I condoned his other crimes.

Trust me, if Martin had NOT broken Zimmerman's nose before jumping on top of Zimmerman beating him "MMA ground and pound style", I would have said they should throw George in prison. But, the fact is that Martin did break Zimmerman's nose and then jump on top of him beating his head into the ground.

It's amazing that people are too irrational to see the difference.
Yes. From a legal perspective, each case or incident has to be judged by its own details and how those fit with the law, rather than saying a person should be punished, or not, for a single incident based on that person’s general history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Quote:
if some idiot is following me in the dark with out IDENTIFYING himself and creeping me out- and I feel threatened,, as my sons would say- IT'S on- the boy should have called his dad or police but kids don't do that... least not from Miami- - anyhow this guy now has the mark of CAIN on his forehead... he can move overseas,, he is done here.
If you passed this "valuable" information on to your sons, don't be surprised if one day they decide "it's on" and end up in a coffin because the other person has a gun or in prison because the mentally handicapped person they beat down had asked 5 people earlier for directions to "home".

You may, just may, consider telling your sons that if some dude creeping them out seems to be following them, they might want to use that cell phone to call the cops or jog the 100 yards back to their home. If Martin had done either of these, he'd still be alive today. He chose "it's on", because not doing so means you're a wimp (in some people's minds), and now he's decaying in a box 6 feet under.

Quote:
Did I not just say the the same, call the cops, or parents-find safe haven-? (previous post) but sometimes fear will take over and they will respond,,, that is the reality . . .

. . . flight or flight- dont think you can change it-or just TURN it OFF/// my sons now have sons,,, we teach non-violence, but when it happens, specially teens- we try to teach them to deal with it as adults would...that is hard at 16 to think that way-envirorment has alot to do with it, so not condoning it- just pointing out that kids do not think as adults. EVERY kid I talked to said they would have done the same thing,,,least about 40 of them-- with all the bullying and sex fiends, gangs etc. protection is VERY much on their minds. I actually wrote to CNN and asked that they get opinions from the teens regarding this whole matter- NOBODY listened to them, and this was all about teens and their reality.
My initial reaction to Tinytrump’s “IT’s on” remark was to think that this is how a situation escalates into something really bad. Therefore I reacted positively to Pedro’s response. But then I do also feel that Tinytrump has offered some thoughtful discussion about why a teenager might do what Trayvon Martin did. I’ll add that some realities of the black urban sub-culture might also make it unlikely that a teenager from that background is going to immediately call the police if he thinks he might be faced with some potential threat. Good reminder that a teenager can’t necessarily be expected to behave like an adult, Tinytrump.

On the other hand, while the ideas Tinytrump puts forth here might be a good reminder that Martin may not have been the thug some people on the True Crime thread said he was, no understanding of how a teenager might be expected to react in such circumstances means that Zimmerman could reasonably have been expected to lie there and be beaten into a coma, beaten until he suffered brain damage, or possibly even beaten to death, without defending himself.

Old 11-20-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
I’m seeing some of the same kinds of posts on this thread that overwhelmed the thread that went on for months on the True Crime board: Zimmerman’s an evil killer wannabe cop, Martin was a thug, anyone who questions whether Zimmerman was legally justified in shooting or who goes the other way and says he was is a “supporter” of whichever one of them, people stating definitively what did and did not happen as if they had been there to witness the incident, etc. In the midst of that kind of talk, it’s refreshing to see some rational thought, like that in the posts below:

Yes. From a legal perspective, each case or incident has to be judged by its own details and how those fit with the law, rather than saying a person should be punished, or not, for a single incident based on that person’s general history.

My initial reaction to Tinytrump’s “IT’s on” remark was to think that this is how a situation escalates into something really bad. Therefore I reacted positively to Pedro’s response. But then I do also feel that Tinytrump has offered some thoughtful discussion about why a teenager might do what Trayvon Martin did. I’ll add that some realities of the black urban sub-culture might also make it unlikely that a teenager from that background is going to immediately call the police if he thinks he might be faced with some potential threat. Good reminder that a teenager can’t necessarily be expected to behave like an adult, Tinytrump.

On the other hand, while the ideas Tinytrump puts forth here might be a good reminder that Martin may not have been the thug some people on the True Crime thread said he was, no understanding of how a teenager might be expected to react in such circumstances means that Zimmerman could reasonably have been expected to lie there and be beaten into a coma, beaten until he suffered brain damage, or possibly even beaten to death, without defending himself.
Trayvon Martin had no excuse for acting how he did. If he was mad about being followed and wanted to confront George Zimmerman, he could have gotten near him and said, "Hey man, why are you following me?" There is no evidence that George Zimmerman acted aggressively towards Trayvon Martin; however, there was a witness who stated that Trayvon Martin was beating him into the ground. Simply following someone is not a crime; however, beating someone into the ground is.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:34 PM

46 posts, read 68,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Well, as we can see, whenever approached by cops, questioned, arrested, he's always cooperative, he just seems to have a problem with people who aren't in uniform, you know, like juvenile thugs and women.

GF probably threatened to slap him silly, so he decided to, "stand his ground" again.
What juvenile thugs did he have a problem with? Only problem I've ever heard about was him harassing an unarmed kid who was minding his own business, talking on the cellphone with his girlfriend while walking back to his father's house. What juvenile thugs have you heard about? When did it happen? I must've missed it.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:44 PM

46 posts, read 68,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Trayvon Martin had no excuse for acting how he did. If he was mad about being followed and wanted to confront George Zimmerman, he could have gotten near him and said, "Hey man, why are you following me?" There is no evidence that George Zimmerman acted aggressively towards Trayvon Martin; however, there was a witness who stated that Trayvon Martin was beating him into the ground. Simply following someone is not a crime; however, beating someone into the ground is.
Somehow in your quest to STILL defend this idiot...you completely and willfully ignored the most important facts:
1.) He was not in any way, shape or form acting in any official or elected capacity to have approached him.
2.) Zimmerman called the cops and THEY told him NOT to leave his car or approach Martin. Right there he defied standing orders from the police.
3.) What was so urgent that GZ felt the need to defy the police and take it upon himself to play Rent-a-Cop?
4.) If one of your kids were outside and gotten approached by some strange man who claimed he killed them in self defense after the police told him not to approach how would you feel?
5.) Would you not fight for your life against someone chasing you trying to take it?
6.) If some man tried to forcibly stop you...you're going to do it?

Old 11-20-2013, 08:07 PM

35,662 posts, read 21,025,987 times
This will go on, and on, and on- I simply tried to show the "kid's" point of view.. and DTowner...I have two very well respected law abiding men who provide for their families and do what is expected. My 3rd son is in heaven, he was killed by an idiot driver and as to "law" enforcement-- ha-ha you would be so surprised to know what I know and why. But I'll leave it there. Zim, might have thought he was doing the right thing and found trouble carrying out HIS agenda,,, nobody knows WHY they finally got into the physical altercation- really nobody knows- maybe both were just spooked once they went face to face. When you all get the video. let me know, the rest is speculation. Zim saw him walking and talking on a Phone --nothing more, and he assumed the worst. End of story can't change it- now only thing left is to see how Zim lives his life and exposes his character.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:11 PM

329 posts, read 431,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
This guy is a total loser. I'd like to ask this new girl of his - was she expecting anything better from him?
The shame of it is that there is no shortage of women who want to be with him.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:13 PM

329 posts, read 431,064 times
George Zimmerman is not a man. He appears to me to have maybe been a spoiled child. He cannot control his emotions and temperment. He really should not be allowed to have firearms.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:29 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,907,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post

Quote:
This will go on, and on, and on- I simply tried to show the "kid's" point of view.. and DTowner...I have two very well respected law abiding men who provide for their families and do what is expected. My 3rd son is in heaven, he was killed by an idiot driver and as to "law" enforcement-- ha-ha you would be so surprised to know what I know and why. But I'll leave it there. Zim, might have thought he was doing the right thing and found trouble carrying out HIS agenda,,, nobody knows WHY they finally got into the physical altercation- really nobody knows- maybe both were just spooked once they went face to face. When you all get the video. let me know, the rest is speculation. Zim saw him walking and talking on a Phone --nothing more, and he assumed the worst. End of story can't change it- now only thing left is to see how Zim lives his life and exposes his character.
Tinytrump, I'd like to rep you for more than one post on this thread, but can't rep any of them because I have to spread some. D-Towner, please note that the final observation in my earlier post was that it would be unreasonable to expect Zimmerman to just lie there and not defend himself just because someone might understand how a teenager might do what Martin did. My praise for Tinytrump's earlier post and those couple of posts by PedroM was mainly about the fact that those posts stood out for their thoughtfulness and insight in the middle of all the sniping that has gone on so much on threads about Zimmerman.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canceltriplea View Post
Somehow in your quest to STILL defend this idiot...you completely and willfully ignored the most important facts:
1.) He was not in any way, shape or form acting in any official or elected capacity to have approached him.
2.) Zimmerman called the cops and THEY told him NOT to leave his car or approach Martin. Right there he defied standing orders from the police.
3.) What was so urgent that GZ felt the need to defy the police and take it upon himself to play Rent-a-Cop?
4.) If one of your kids were outside and gotten approached by some strange man who claimed he killed them in self defense after the police told him not to approach how would you feel?
5.) Would you not fight for your life against someone chasing you trying to take it?
6.) If some man tried to forcibly stop you...you're going to do it?
No he didn't...you're a liberal and you aren't telling the truth. It's okay, I understand. He was told by the 911 dispatcher that "we don't need you to do that" in reference to following Trayvon Martin. The 911 dispatcher has no authority, so George Zimmerman was not legally obligated to follow orders that were given to him (and once again, he wasn't ordered not to get out of the car).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.