Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 04:13 AM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times

Advertisements

Per the newspaper article officer Montoya said: “My decision in shooting at the tire and not at the driver was because of all the people in the vehicle. …”

So, if not for the kids being in the car, he's admitting he would have shot her. Over a stupid traffic ticket, omg. She took the highway into town, if she was fleeing she would have turned south at the intersection. For all we know, she could have been going to the courthouse. Good grief, it's not like they couldn't nail her later. She handled the situation really poorly, but the cops were worse. They are supposed to be professionals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 06:03 AM

329 posts, read 431,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Were the cops using mind control on her to force her to drive with reckless abandon after forcing her to flee?

"Yes, I tied tuna filets around my body and jumped in the shark infested waters, but the sharks had no reason to bite me."
I did not see her drive recklessly. She pulled out very carefully and did not speed and pulled back over eventually. It was a low speed pursuit. I also did not see any "child abuse". The correct charges are simply resisting arrest, eluding and the drug pipes. Don't get me wrong, she needs serious jail time but let's not overdo it.

Old 11-20-2013, 06:07 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1
While I hold the mom responsible for doing what she did, the cop NEVER should have fired upon the minivan.
No but the mother clearly was wrong for what she did...... IF ANYTHING HAPPEND TO HER KIDS,IT WOULD BE HER FAULT!!

Old 11-20-2013, 06:17 AM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
So, basically what this person is saying is that cops when pulling people over, should approach with guns drawn, cuff the offender/s, write the ticket/s, and gently release the subject afterwards like people do with lions and tigers and elephants in the wild, .
No, what I'm saying, is, is that when a cop approaches a vehicle, he/she should proceed with caution, because he/she will never know what is really in the vehicle being pulled over...

And, since this idiot drove off TWICE, why are you coddling her? And since this policeman was ATTACKED, why are you coddling the teenager?

Again, the policeman who fired the rounds, and I have siad this NUMEROUS times in this thread, was wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
because we all know there ain't no bad cops.
And NJM, you are grouping all cops into a single barrel...why is that? I guess there are no good cops and should just continue to let people run off, like this idiot....right...

I guess the cop shold have said...oh...look she is driving off, and because she has kids in the van, that is acceptable? It must be to you...

Stop coddling...

Old 11-20-2013, 06:18 AM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WmMeeker View Post
I did not see her drive recklessly. She pulled out very carefully and did not speed and pulled back over eventually. It was a low speed pursuit. I also did not see any "child abuse". The correct charges are simply resisting arrest, eluding and the drug pipes. Don't get me wrong, she needs serious jail time but let's not overdo it.
WOW...coddling....no wonder the United States is like it is....

If she would have listened and NEVER drove off, none of this would have happened....Simple question, yes or no?

Old 11-20-2013, 09:51 AM

544 posts, read 610,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
If she would have listened and NEVER drove off, none of this would have happened....Simple question, yes or no?
Probably Yes.

However, if we didn't live in a police state, and mary jane was legal everywhere like it should be, and cops didn't pull you over unless you were actually driving wrecklessly, then none of this would of happened. Simple question, yes or no?

Old 11-20-2013, 10:51 AM

7,332 posts, read 2,741,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHarley View Post
So has it been confirmed that the mother's only 2 options were to pay a hundred and some dollar ticket right on the spot, or drive back to meet a judge who would then tell her to pay up or else?

If so, I'll say she had every right to drive off since she was a victim of highway robbery.
The officer very plainly told the driver she had 30 days in which to pay the fine and that she could mail it in.

Old 11-20-2013, 11:37 AM

349 posts, read 422,603 times
Quote:
Probably Yes.

However, if we didn't live in a police state, and mary jane was legal everywhere like it should be, and cops didn't pull you over unless you were actually driving wrecklessly, then none of this would of happened. Simple question, yes or no?
She was speeding

Old 11-20-2013, 11:38 AM

544 posts, read 610,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronHarpoons View Post
She was speeding

Oh no, the horror!

Old 11-20-2013, 11:39 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
The actions of the different officers and the fact that the routine traffic stop ended with an officer shooting at a car and a high speed chase has led to an internal investigation, the New Mexico State Police told ABCNews.com.

Ferrell was charged with five counts of abuse of a child, aggravated fleeing an officer, resisting an officer, reckless driving and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to The Taos News. Her teenage son was charged with battery of an officer.

The Taos News reported that New Mexico State Police said they allegedly found two marijuana pipes in the minivan.

Minivan Stop Ends in Shoots Fired, High Speed Chase for Family - ABC News
Looks like a bad shoot.

That patrolman might be in for some tough sledding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies