Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 02:22 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,260,559 times

Advertisements

My Daddy always told me to do what the police say. It always worked for me, never been shot, beat up or arrested. Its simple, just say yes sir and no sir.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 02:27 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
My Daddy always told me to do what the police say. It always worked for me, never been shot, beat up or arrested. Its simple, just say yes sir and no sir.
You are a government's dream citizen!

Old 11-18-2013, 02:28 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
Watching the video, the cop with the baton lost it and allowed anger to take control.
The cop who did the shooting was, IMO, the same. There was NO reason to shoot at that van! Whose life was he protecting?
I have seen too many examples of the fine "marksmanship" of police officers to believe for an instant that he could have hit the tires without endangering everybody in the vehicle! For instance, the cop in Great Falls, MT who shot at a suspect 9 times, hit him twice, neither of which was life-threatening, and had NO IDEA where the other shots went! Such a scenario has been repeated many times since.
Where, by the way, did those three shots go? Does anybody have any idea?
IMO, those two cops endangered those children as much or more than their mother did!

Old 11-18-2013, 02:36 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,260,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
You are a government's dream citizen!
I never thought I would look good with a nightstick stuck up my rear.

Old 11-18-2013, 02:38 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
She was in court this morning: Tennessee mother indicted for high-speed chase in Taos County - The Taos News: News
Charged with intentional abuse of a child, fleeing law enforcement, possession of drug paraphernalia. They should drop the child abuse charge, the cops are the ones who did that.
She was speeding and apparently had drugs in the vehicle. What kind of moronic mother takes young kids when she's running drugs? Was she running drugs to the Indian reservations? Killing other people's kids because easy money is all that matters?

Old 11-18-2013, 02:41 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
She was speeding and apparently had drugs in the vehicle. What kind of moronic mother takes young kids when she's running drugs? Was she running drugs to the Indian reservations? Killing other people's kids because easy money is all that matters?
Apparrently, she did not have drugs, or she would have been charged with possession.

Old 11-18-2013, 02:43 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Yeah, what's a little terrorism in one's life? It never hurt anybody, right?
Please specify, was the terrorism from the cop are the mother?

Old 11-18-2013, 02:46 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Cops on the equivalent of a violent feeding frenzy,shoot to kill anything that moves,

Old 11-18-2013, 02:46 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
My reaction would still be the same. A "runaway" minivan filled with a mom and kids does not warrant pulling a gun and shooting at them.

It's not like she killed three cops with her minivan. I could see the cops' reaction to that, but not to what transpired.
Specifically, what did the cop who fired the shots know and what did he see?

Personally, I think they should have set up a road block an hour prior to the incident and had a mental health professional talk to the mother. I mean, if we are going to Monday morning quarterback this thing and pretend like every cop involved knew all the details we know now, why not take care of this before the initial stop.

You have NO CLUE what the facts were in regards to the cop who fired the shots, yet you apparently pretend to know them.

Old 11-18-2013, 02:50 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Apparrently, she did not have drugs, or she would have been charged with possession.
that's true.

Quote:
Chávez argued that Ferrell’s release from Taos County Adult Detention Center should require a $10,000 bond with 10 percent to the court, a waiver of extradition and requirements that she undergo regular drug screening and maintain residency in New Mexico, citing prior arrests for driving while intoxicated as well as the discovery of what appeared to be two marijuana pipes at the time of her arrest. He added that she should be prohibited from discussing the incident with her children, noting that they may serve as witnesses at trial.

Tennessee mother indicted for high-speed chase in Taos County - The Taos News: News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies