Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is the most disingenuous politician in recent years?
Obama 32 47.06%
George W. Bush 1 1.47%
Biden 2 2.94%
Cheney 6 8.82%
Pelosi 5 7.35%
Boehner 2 2.94%
Reid 0 0%
Cruz 2 2.94%
Kerry 0 0%
McCain 0 0%
John Edwards 2 2.94%
Romney 10 14.71%
Hillary 1 1.47%
Other 5 7.35%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 08:19 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,418,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
That is BS.

Obama has not been consistent on those things. He has not been consistently liberal. He has flip flopped as much as Romney.
Look, I am sure if you ask anyone on this board they can tell you what they think Obama believes. The answers may be different, but I am sure everyone has their own view the same is true for a lot of Republicans and Democrats like Ted Cruz, Elizabeth Warren, and Rand Paul. With Romney I think you will find quite a lot of informed people who if you ask them that question would not really know. That is a clear mark of being disingenuous particularly for a candidate that received a major party nomination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 08:26 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,194,123 times
Real hard poll, all I had to do was think of which politician has lied to me most over the past ten years....

***** obama ******

Old 11-19-2013, 08:27 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,856,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Other: Maxine Waters
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchuckie View Post
Shes just an idiot

Maxine Waters is comedy gold, my friends. She has that once-in-a-generation brand of stupidity that makes her funnier than most standup comedians.

Back in 2008, Waters was lecturing oil company executives at a congressional hearing when she plainly stated her true intentions: “Guess what this liberal would be all about? This liberal would be about socializing … uh, umm. … Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.”

Seriously, you can't make this stuff up!

"If I had a son, he would look like Maxine Waters."

-- Barack Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
The fact that Obama has been elected twice proves that there are far too many idiots in this country.
Fixed that for you.....

Old 11-20-2013, 04:20 AM

26,490 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
Look, I am sure if you ask anyone on this board they can tell you what they think Obama believes. The answers may be different, but I am sure everyone has their own view the same is true for a lot of Republicans and Democrats like Ted Cruz, Elizabeth Warren, and Rand Paul. With Romney I think you will find quite a lot of informed people who if you ask them that question would not really know. That is a clear mark of being disingenuous particularly for a candidate that received a major party nomination.
Take one issue that you said Obama was consistent in, BUDGET and look just at that:

-Reducing the deficit in half by the end of his 1st term, FAILED.

-Reducing earmarks to 1994 levels by veto if necessary, Bush was irresponsible for letting them grow, not only has he FAILED, but they have grown on his watch.

-Go through the budget line by line to reduce waste, FAILED. He couldn't even pass a budget with the Democrats controlling the House and Senate.

-End no bid government contracts for anything above $25, FAILED.

-Paying for things with a Continuing Resolution is unethical, he has paid for more things with Continuing Resolutions in the first 2 years with the Democrats under control of everything than Bush did in 8, FAIL.

-What is his position on Too Big To Fail, a BS LIE, as he has kept the same policy under a different name.

-What is his position on QE, apparently record levels of it.

-No Special Access for big donors, FAIL.

-No lobbyists in the WH as they lobby for wasteful spending and bad laws, FAIL, called out Bush for it, but has MORE than Bush.

What is Obama's personal life? He lied about the circumstances of his own mother's death. His books about himself are full of lies. He tells so many lies that are easy to check, like that he had never compared himself to Lincoln. We are talking about a man that while running in the 2008 primaries, literally had contradicting commercials running depending on whether it was a major coal state.

You can't trust a word Obama says. You can't trust any position he says, unless he is agreeing with Bush.

Old 11-20-2013, 03:12 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Obama and I thought this back in 2008. I just couldn't trust him in the debates and couldn't put my finger on it. During his first term, he proved me right.

Old 11-20-2013, 03:51 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,603,217 times
Every politician in history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies