Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 10:55 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
It's hard to feel sorry for the Citizens of Oregon. They continue to elect people that don't bother to read Legislation and don't understand what they are voting for. You reap what you sow.

Jeff Merkley acknowledges he failed to foresee wave of health insurance cancellations

They want "distance" now from their ineptitude and votes - they can run, but they won't be able to hide.
Oregon voted these people into office and then kept them in office. Only the Oregonians can "fix" this problem.

Zero people enrolled after 6 weeks is a total disgrace - 70,000 people added to their Medicaid roles is a total disaster in the fiscal sense.
Merkely got elected by the brain-dead morons from the Tri-Met area (and a couple other counties), and he's nothing but a party stool-pigeon. Of COURSE he followed the party down the path... he knows not a damn thing else to do- he's a party slave and nothing else. Oh, he'll whine and moan "Oh, horrors, I didn't know".

Well, too bad, nobody believes that lie. He absolutely DID know what he was voting for, because the critics told him right to his face what was going to happen, and he had access to all the data that was already there TELLING him this would happen. What did he do? Chose to vote for it, in hopes of maintaining the federal power grab for the Democrat party, and deal with the fallout later by making sorrowful sounding noises and pretending to care. The fool never cared, still doesn't, and just hopes to squeak by another election, hoping the fools on the west side will still continue to vote for him because of the "D" in front of his name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 11:07 PM

893 posts, read 1,207,406 times
Okay, I just have to ask... why "0.00" in the thread title (instead of just "0")? Is it possible for a percentage of a person to sign up? Were you expecting 10.33 people to have signed up or something?

Old 11-19-2013, 12:58 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Actually I think 6 people are signed up technically....and 70 THOUSAND on medicaid.

The Oregon website is actually very functional, you can browse plans, see what your costs will be, etc. the problem is where they connect to the federal databases.

Reality-I dont for a second believe the signups going to be functional in...what 12 days from now? LOL. yeah no.

That being said...Its entirely possible I will be one of the people signing up on it depending on my work situation (transferring from one agency to another), and I know what my choices are-and its a LOT less expensive for me then it was before. Im going to save thousands. No subsidies for me obviously, but it looks pretty damn nice. Sadly, I bet it will be mid December before they get the signup stuff done.

Old 11-19-2013, 06:25 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,778 times
those racist Oregon people.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:08 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Merkely got elected by the brain-dead morons from the Tri-Met area (and a couple other counties), and he's nothing but a party stool-pigeon. Of COURSE he followed the party down the path... he knows not a damn thing else to do- he's a party slave and nothing else. Oh, he'll whine and moan "Oh, horrors, I didn't know".

Well, too bad, nobody believes that lie. He absolutely DID know what he was voting for, because the critics told him right to his face what was going to happen, and he had access to all the data that was already there TELLING him this would happen. What did he do? Chose to vote for it, in hopes of maintaining the federal power grab for the Democrat party, and deal with the fallout later by making sorrowful sounding noises and pretending to care. The fool never cared, still doesn't, and just hopes to squeak by another election, hoping the fools on the west side will still continue to vote for him because of the "D" in front of his name.
Merkley is fine, he wasn't my top choice when he ran, but I haven't had any issues with him since and will probably vote for him again.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:11 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And that's a liberal state --- you'd think they'd be flocking to it.

There is no website excuse anymore because Obama made sure that they can apply by telephone. Or are the taxpayers having to pay thousands of telephone answerers to sit around doing nothing in addition to programmers who can't build a website?
Can I haz apply for Obamacare with carrier pigeon?

Old 11-19-2013, 08:18 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Meanwhile in their northern neighbor of Washington state (where I live), Obamacare is going great guns!!!! Gov. Jay Inslee is a national rising star for the Democratic party, and co-author of a WaPo op-ed the other day that shares happy, shiny Obamacare success stories.
How we got Obamacare to work - The Washington Post

Not so fast. Obamacare needs to get to 7 million paying customers to be viable.

Six signups on Obamacare Day 1? Why it's a big problem ... not a disaster (+video) - CSMonitor.com

The vast majority of sign ups here (about 80%) have been for Medicaid, i.e. non-paying.

WA pop is currently 6.9 million, US pop=313 million, so proportionally we would need about 150,000 in order to be termed a success story. How many do we actually have? Exactly 9,230. Bottom line, WA has so far signed up 6 percent of what is needed. I guess that's a success story, relatively speaking, in the world of Obamacare.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:23 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
It seems like Oregon has been having major issues with their website and are having to do everything by hand and have had 18,000 people submit for it, but are waiting for information to be mailed back to them to learn what plans and tax breaks are available to them.

The article goes on to mention that their fast track program has enrolled 70,000 people into their Medicaid program.
The right wing media is running on overdrive to pump out negative info as much and as furiously as possible. They ignore ALL positive aspects and sociopathically get down on their collective knees and pray that people will not get health coverage. Pathetic, isn't it?

Old 11-19-2013, 08:29 AM

3,599 posts, read 6,783,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The right wing media is running on overdrive to pump out negative info as much and as furiously as possible. They ignore ALL positive aspects and sociopathically get down on their collective knees and pray that people will not get health coverage. Pathetic, isn't it?
The issue is Obama is so afraid to point to the "positives". Reason?

Most of the "positives" are getting people onto medicaid expansion. Obama and the Dems are in a catch 22 if they try to promote this:

Taxpaying citizens do not want to hear that a positive of the ACA is letting more free loaders onto the system while they get hit with higher premiums and deductbles.

ACA supporters so blinded they fail to see both sides. Winners and losers.

I see both sides. If Obama wanted to increase medicaid, than he should have done that.

But he had to mess around with the entire system. It creates a huge mess.

There is close to no savings for much of the federal taxpaying citizens. In fact, I will be willing to bet more than 80% of federal tax paying citizens on the exchanges will get hit with much higher premiums and rates than they would have pre ACA days.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:34 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Can I haz apply for Obamacare with carrier pigeon?
Lol.

"I'm sorry, but all of the carrier pigeons are busy serving other customers. Please press 2 to apply by smoke signal."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies