U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 04:52 PM

66,250 posts, read 33,633,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Calculate the UE rate the way they did it almost a 100 years ago? Riiiiiiiiiiiight. Why?

Because it would show how close, or far we are from that time in history. A good measure of apples and apples.

Why not? What is there to deceive and hide?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 04:53 PM

9,066 posts, read 5,596,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Assume that the revelations surrounding the 2012 UE rate are validated and it is proved that the Obama admin manipulated the numbers before election as the NY Post reported.

At what point to the most principled democrats step and and renounce Obama?

Bush went rogue and many of us principled conservatives called him to the carpet. I couldn't support the guy; I wrote him a letter asking for my campaign contribution back. I wasn't going to vote for the other camp, but I didn't have to support him in 2004.

If the allegations from the BLS employees are true, and they changed the numbers at the request of the White House, will you at least admit he's a lying scum bucket? You don't have to alter your beliefs and ideology to take him to task. You can still believe in unicorns and rainbows. I think at a minimum, though, you could rebuke the guy.
Don't hold your breath ... because if you think liberals are offended by lies, it may be you who believes in unicorns.

The truth is, there are only three fundamental criteria for membership in the club of liberalism:

1) your brain must process information backwards

2) you must detest anything that hints of morality and decency

3) you must love lying almost as much as you love being lied to.

Old 11-19-2013, 05:15 PM

14,969 posts, read 14,188,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHarley View Post
I still think his biggest jerk move was having HAARP or whoever it is create a hurricane right before the election.

IT IS A FACT THAT NO PRESIDENT EVER GETS VOTED OUT OF OFFICE DURING A "CRISIS"

So they created the hurricane, what'ya gonna do punk!
Do you know how crazy this sounds?

I do believe that the hurricane helped Obama politically, but he simply got lucky (politically only) that it hit when it did.

If you are really suggesting that the government can or would create a hurricane I don't know what to say.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 11-19-2013 at 05:25 PM..

Old 11-19-2013, 05:23 PM

I don't know if this has already been mentioned (and I don't want to read through 11 pages). What is being alleged is not that manipulation was necessarily ordered to make the reports look prettier, but rather that employees were instructed to complete household surveys (how the UE rate is determined) for people who couldn't be reached to "achieve" the required 90% response rate.

It is specifically alleged that there was no specific request as to how to complete the surveys. Obviously, even if that part is true, it's still reprehensible that data would be derived in that manner. It's also possible, of course, that the employees could complete them with their own political beliefs in mind.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:22 PM

9,066 posts, read 5,596,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I don't know if this has already been mentioned (and I don't want to read through 11 pages). What is being alleged is not that manipulation was necessarily ordered to make the reports look prettier, but rather that employees were instructed to complete household surveys (how the UE rate is determined) for people who couldn't be reached to "achieve" the required 90% response rate.

It is specifically alleged that there was no specific request as to how to complete the surveys. Obviously, even if that part is true, it's still reprehensible that data would be derived in that manner. It's also possible, of course, that the employees could complete them with their own political beliefs in mind.
And that explains the other 147 lies this communist p-rick has told?

When are you people goning to stop making excuses for this disgraceful liar?

Old 11-19-2013, 09:32 PM

2,801 posts, read 1,824,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screen View Post
Now if Republicans can just back off social issues they'll have an easy chance to win in 2014 and 2016..let's hope they have the common sense to do so this time.
But ... But ... must NEVER allow same sex persons to Marry or cover birth control as part of a comprehensive health insurance plan .... it would mean the death of society as we know it ....

Must stick with those topics or the people will discover they have NO real plan.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
And that explains the other 147 lies this communist p-rick has told?

When are you people goning to stop making excuses for this disgraceful liar?
I am not one of his supporters and am not making excuses for him. I'm simply explaining the allegation. I think conservatives are screwing themselves over by exaggerating everything and making everything seem worse or like a bigger deal than it is. That is not needed if this allegation is true as it is bad enough. Going crazy about it just deflects attention to the conservatives' craziness.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:55 PM

6,342 posts, read 4,360,152 times
Default Job Numbers Faked Before 2012 Election

Census ‘faked’ 2012 election jobs report | New York Post

Does anyone in this administration draw an ethical and honest breath? It's to the point now I don't believe anything that comes from this administration.
What shocks me is there are still people that believe they didn't know about all the scandals.. IRS, Benghazi, Fast & Furious.. The list goes on and on..

Old 11-19-2013, 10:45 PM

5,178 posts, read 3,887,154 times
Look, everyone, Rush Limbaugh has a C-D account and is posting today's Hour 2 self congratulations here for us all to see

Old 11-19-2013, 10:47 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,738,755 times
we will have investigation for three more years and beyond. Hopefully some of the employees are fired to make them think twice or this will go on as usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies