Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2013, 12:01 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Wrong!

I stated very clearly that the workers in the Census Department who were involved should have been disciplined.

But the number of fabricated responses was so tiny it was not enough to affect UE rate by any meaningful amount!

Got it?
Hey..maybe they did such a good job back then that they got transferred to the IRS to work on non profit applications
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 12:02 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I've posted this before..I follow shadowstats for all the government statistics and have been for years.
And this thread is about a scandal, not a true change in law.
A scandal that's been "out" since 2010 and still has gone nowhere?

Old 11-19-2013, 12:10 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,985,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
but the raw numbers dont support your opinion

has the population increased since 2009????

Americans Employed, January 2009:........................ 142,187,000
Americans Employed, today:.................................. 142,101,000

SO TOTAL NET JOBS CREATED/LOST UNDER OBAMA..... 86 THOUSAND LOSS

obama has not done his job
Since you are copying your posts from other threads, I'll just repeat here the same answer I gave you in another thread:

The Bush Economic Disaster of 2008 did not suddenly end on the day Obama became President.

We continued to lose hundreds of thousands of jobs each month well into 2009.

In October 2009, unemployment was reported at 10.2%.

Bureau of Labor and Statistics - Employment Situation News Release - October 2009

Quote:
The unemployment rate rose from 9.8 to 10.2 percent in October, and nonfarm payroll employment continued to decline (-190,000), the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. The largest job losses over the month were in con- struction, manufacturing, and retail trade. Household Survey Data In October, the number of unemployed persons increased by 558,000 to 15.7 million. The unemployment rate rose by 0.4 percentage point to 10.2 percent, the highest rate since April 1983. Since the start of the recession in December 2007, the number of unemployed persons has risen by 8.2 million, and the unemployment rate has grown by 5.3 percentage points. (See table A-1.)
All those job losses up until October 2009 (and even beyond) were due to the Bush Economic Disaster of 2008!

Obama then managed to drop Bush's 10.2% all the way down to 7.2%

Old 11-19-2013, 12:17 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
A scandal that's been "out" since 2010 and still has gone nowhere?
Sounds like a typical distraction from what is really going on behind the scenes.

Old 11-19-2013, 12:22 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Sounds like a typical distraction from what is really going on behind the scenes.
If you can't convince them, confuse them.
Harry S. Truman

Old 11-19-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Since you are copying your posts from other threads, I'll just repeat here the same answer I gave you in another thread:

The Bush Economic Disaster of 2008 did not suddenly end on the day Obama became President.

We continued to lose hundreds of thousands of jobs each month well into 2009.

In October 2009, unemployment was reported at 10.2%.

Bureau of Labor and Statistics - Employment Situation News Release - October 2009

All those job losses up until October 2009 (and even beyond) were due to the Bush Economic Disaster of 2008!

It is a waste of time to look at who is in office at the time effects are seen from previous actions. Easily since Bush Sr. you can trace the changes in economics and financing that have affected jobs in US. Doesn't matter whether it was a D or an R.

The govt shipped jobs overseas and changed financial markets to leverage all of it to fatten all the enormous investment funds. All that "Chinese" and "Japanese" debt holdings people need to really look at. This was just planned, passed off and done over time. The current UE rate is also benefitting from the big changes in LPR.

Old 11-19-2013, 12:25 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,985,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
If the real number, a month before the election, had gone up 0.10, that might have been VERY significant. It did go up a tenth the following month.

If we look at why it's going down, it's not because more people are employed, it's because more people just gave up...
Again ... the number of fabricated responses was way too tiny to have any significant effect on the UE rate.

And as I previously stated, according to the NY Post article, the Census workers weren't instructed on how to fill in the answers on the fabricated responses.

So the fabricated responses theoretically could have been either "employed" or "unemployed", and therefore could have made the UE number either higher or lower.

But again, the number of these fabricated responses was so tiny that it would barely even be noticed.

Old 11-19-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If you can't convince them, confuse them.
Harry S. Truman
Doesn't matter as long as you are looking at one hand while they use the other to pick your pocket. LOL.

Old 11-19-2013, 12:42 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Since you are copying your posts from other threads,(yes I repost my numbers that was researched) ..............

yep droped the supposed rate from 10 to 7.3 and not one job added in the mean time

Old 11-19-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
it depends on who the conversation is with, i think.

u-3 is a formula, with variables

those variables are calculated by other formulas, who themselves have variables

well, if the semantics are brought up to point out semantics, i'm ok with that

but if they're brought up to obfuscate the bigger picture, i'm not
Certainly perception is everywhere. Written and verbal communication have limitations. When discussing this kind of topic though, preciseness can play a bigger role and it is very easy for this "gray" area to end up missing the mark in a dialogue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies