Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 10:14 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,385,259 times

Advertisements

Assume that the revelations surrounding the 2012 UE rate are validated and it is proved that the Obama admin manipulated the numbers before election as the NY Post reported.

At what point to the most principled democrats step and and renounce Obama?

Bush went rogue and many of us principled conservatives called him to the carpet. I couldn't support the guy; I wrote him a letter asking for my campaign contribution back. I wasn't going to vote for the other camp, but I didn't have to support him in 2004.

If the allegations from the BLS employees are true, and they changed the numbers at the request of the White House, will you at least admit he's a lying scum bucket? You don't have to alter your beliefs and ideology to take him to task. You can still believe in unicorns and rainbows. I think at a minimum, though, you could rebuke the guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 10:16 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,385,259 times
"The employee who was caught two years ago, one Julius Buckmon, told the Post in an interview that he “faked” the numbers at the direction of his supervisors."

You can read the whole story at the NY Post.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:17 PM

544 posts, read 608,627 times
I still think his biggest jerk move was having HAARP or whoever it is create a hurricane right before the election.

IT IS A FACT THAT NO PRESIDENT EVER GETS VOTED OUT OF OFFICE DURING A "CRISIS"

So they created the hurricane, what'ya gonna do punk!

Old 11-19-2013, 05:15 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,507,529 times
Default Census faked 2012 election jobs report

More on the Criminal in Chief:

Quote:
In the home stretch of the 2012 presidential campaign, from August to September, the unemployment rate fell sharply — raising eyebrows from Wall Street to Washington.

The decline — from 8.1 percent in August to 7.8 percent in September — might not have been all it seemed. The numbers, according to a reliable source, were manipulated.

And the Census Bureau, which does the unemployment survey, knew it.

Just two years before the presidential election, the Census Bureau had caught an employee fabricating data that went into the unemployment report, which is one of the most closely watched measures of the economy.

And a knowledgeable source says the deception went beyond that one employee — that it escalated at the time President Obama was seeking reelection in 2012 and continues today.

“He’s not the only one,” said the source, who asked to remain anonymous for now but is willing to talk with the Labor Department and Congress if asked....
more: Census ‘faked’ 2012 election jobs report | New York Post

Old 11-19-2013, 05:34 AM

88,640 posts, read 44,393,360 times
I saw that. No wonder the supposed "drop" in the unemployment rate didn't make sense to anyone. It wasn't real.

Old 11-19-2013, 06:00 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,206,481 times
That's why you should follow shadowstats.
They have no political axe to grind and have no vested interest in the numbers.

Old 11-19-2013, 06:25 AM

29,970 posts, read 18,529,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post

Of course they did. Remember the "inexplicable" decline in the unemployment numbers prior to the election, despite the increased number of unemployed?

Liberals, of course, lapped up these propaganda numbers as the gospel truth. Why? They have sacrificed thier ability to process information in exchange for fanatacism and support of ONE MAN.

Old 11-19-2013, 06:29 AM

29,970 posts, read 18,529,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Assume that the revelations surrounding the 2012 UE rate are validated and it is proved that the Obama admin manipulated the numbers before election as the NY Post reported.

At what point to the most principled democrats step and and renounce Obama?

Bush went rogue and many of us principled conservatives called him to the carpet. I couldn't support the guy; I wrote him a letter asking for my campaign contribution back. I wasn't going to vote for the other camp, but I didn't have to support him in 2004.

If the allegations from the BLS employees are true, and they changed the numbers at the request of the White House, will you at least admit he's a lying scum bucket? You don't have to alter your beliefs and ideology to take him to task. You can still believe in unicorns and rainbows. I think at a minimum, though, you could rebuke the guy.

Obama has had SO MANY lies and deceptions that this revelation is more expected, than shocking. When, in the course of his presidency, has he ever told the truth?

I would be more shocked if we found Obama has actually been truthful in any aspect of his presidency. This administration will make the Harding, Grant, and Nixon administrations look clean and honest.

Old 11-19-2013, 06:31 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,206,481 times
I follow shadowstats which shows us at about 24% unemployment (both long term and short term unemployed).

Old 11-19-2013, 06:36 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,448,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHarley View Post
I still think his biggest jerk move was having HAARP or whoever it is create a hurricane right before the election.
Er, what!? The government created a hurricane to get Obama re-elected?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies