Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 11:41 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Indeed. Not that I advocate the use of cocaine, as it is extremely dangerous, but when you hear of those in power doing it, then it just makes the "War on Drugs" all the more hypocritical! All for me, but none for thee! Bet this guy ends up with a slap on the wrist!
This is the guy who championed drug testing all welfare recipients.

It has also been reported that his March blog said that his favorite vacation spot is Cartagena, Colombia.

Old 11-21-2013, 11:44 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Upon conviction he should be promptly sentenced to prison, general population.
It would have been a felony in his home state. Not so much in DC.

Going off to treatment for a first offence is the most likely outcome.

Good thing his insurance covers substance abuse.

Old 11-21-2013, 02:16 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

It has also been reported that his March blog said that his favorite vacation spot is Cartagena, Colombia.

Well, given that it's an illegal substance, and he was the one championing drug testing welfare recipients, as well as being part of the establishment that is fighting this silly drug war in the first place, a stint in prison for this man is what is deserved. Maybe he'll have time to think about how much of a hypocrite he truly is! Because if it was you or I, once convicted, we'd more than likely be locked up! As Frank said earlier on the thread and I agree I'm all for ending the drug war, but in the meantime lock this guy up! If we're at risk for it, then it should be no different for him!

Old 11-21-2013, 02:28 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times
I don't think using an overpriced drug as a party-time enhancer should derail someone's career. It's not our business what this guy does to himself in his spare time.

Old 11-21-2013, 02:33 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
I don't think using an overpriced drug as a party-time enhancer should derail someone's career. It's not our business what this guy does to himself in his spare time.

I would tend to agree. I fully support the end of the drug war, and most definitely support legalizing cannabis (but that is a whole other topic). The problem is that he is part of the establishment that brought us this war on drugs. So that makes him a hypocrite! I'm sick of these elitists thinking that the rules don't apply to them, and that they're somehow above the law, while the rest of us would've been locked up for something like this.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:18 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times
Quote:
I would tend to agree. I fully support the end of the drug war, and most definitely support legalizing cannabis (but that is a whole other topic). The problem is that he is part of the establishment that brought us this war on drugs. So that makes him a hypocrite! I'm sick of these elitists thinking that the rules don't apply to them, and that they're somehow above the law, while the rest of us would've been locked up for something like this.
I agree that he is a hypocritical POS, but I don't like how the norm is that his public career will permanently end now. I'd rather see him not get kicked out of office, to reflect a change in attitudes towards personal drug use.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:20 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Has Obama used any drugs since being elected to the Illinois state senate? Did Obama use drugs whilst pushing anti-drug laws?
Who knows? He wouldn't admit it if he did.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:21 PM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:

Maybe congressmen should have random drug testing as do many professions, or maybe the job isn't important enough to waste funding.

Old 11-21-2013, 05:11 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Well, given that it's an illegal substance, and he was the one championing drug testing welfare recipients, as well as being part of the establishment that is fighting this silly drug war in the first place, a stint in prison for this man is what is deserved. Maybe he'll have time to think about how much of a hypocrite he truly is! Because if it was you or I, once convicted, we'd more than likely be locked up! As Frank said earlier on the thread and I agree I'm all for ending the drug war, but in the meantime lock this guy up! If we're at risk for it, then it should be no different for him!

but but the laws only apply to the sheep not the shepherds

Old 11-21-2013, 05:22 PM

937 posts, read 1,135,073 times
Quote:
This should have been a red flag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies